Mitchell Moses released [Official]

tigerap

Mitchell Moses released [Official]

Post by tigerap » Mon 15 May, 2017 2:59 pm

Embattled Wests Tigers five-eighth Mitchell Moses will finally join Parramatta by Tuesday morning, according to uncle and Balmain great Ben Elias.

Moses' future has been a hot topic in the NRL since agreeing to a long-term deal with the Eels last month following the club's sensational decision to withdraw an offer.

But after speaking to his nephew on Sunday night, Elias predicts a welcome end to the saga.

"I told him he missed more tackles than he made [against Souths] and he said, 'Uncle Ben, I'm just not there'. He's not there and he hasn't been there for the past two weeks," Elias told AAP on Monday.

"The first two weeks, he showed his respect, his quality, his finesse and his abilities. But mate, when you've been told repeatedly that it's this week, this week, well it's hard.

"You're everywhere, you're a scattered gun. Like anything in life, if you're not settled, you got no routine, you're going to be all over the shop.

"The greatest thing for him is the sooner the better for him to go, for the club and for him."

It is believed the 22-year-old had requested a release from his current contract to immediately link with Parramatta on numerous occasions, only to be turned down.

The Tigers were understood to be on the search for a replacement in exchange for Moses' mid-season exit, possibly in the form of out-of-favour Warriors utility Tuimoala Lolohea.

However Lolohea could also be with a new club by the end of the week after his manager reportedly met with Warriors officials on Monday.

Elias said Moses was physically at Concord, but mentally at Parramatta.

"I feel for Mitch. Mitch has been told by the club that he's going to Parramatta. That was three weeks ago. So the kid's got his mind at Parramatta," Elias said.

"He's going to bed thinking Parramatta, thinking about his combinations, a little bit of the way they play ... but physically he's at the Tigers.

"If you've signed with the opposition, you ain't going to give your whole heartedness at your present job, especially when you're told by your boss, you're not one of the preferences.

"In the last two weeks he's been very disappointing. And he knows that I've chatted with him and he's disappointed with himself. But you've gotta feel for the kid.

"I would say in the next 24 hours, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go."

The Tigers have been reached for comment.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... w53at.html

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:01 pm

What a load of rubbish from Elias....and he expects us to believe this trash and feel for the "kid".....laughable!

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:02 pm

Turn coat benny at his finest

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:04 pm

tigerap wrote:
Mon 15 May, 2017 2:59 pm

"If you've signed with the opposition, you ain't going to give your whole heartedness at your present job, especially when you're told by your boss, you're not one of the preferences.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... w53at.html
Ponga, Bird, Matulino and Packer still seem to be plugging along ok... Moses is behaving like a petulant child.

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:07 pm

He is going to remain disappointed if Cleary will only release him on the basis of signing Lolohea given that his release from the Warriors is on hold. Time for him to play ISP until he is released or form improves!!

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:14 pm

If I were coach I'd be telling him to worry more about the combinations he's going to be forming in reserve grade than at Parramatta. No release. We have nothing to gain from it at this point in time and he and his manager have given us no reason to show any "compassion" towards him over the last 6 months. If he shows he can put in and play properly in reserve grade then he can be considered for firsts. If he wants to keep being a petulant child he can stay there. If it becomes convenient for us to release him then we'll do it, but not before.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:15 pm

What a disgusting Article, Shame on you all.

MM chose this path,

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:19 pm

Best Mitch gets to know the ISP squad.
Last edited by WT2K on Mon 15 May, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:sign:

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:19 pm

it's amazing how pathetic these kids have become under the spell of Wehbe.

they got their money,they know where they are playing next year and beyond.

all you have to do is go and play footy.that's it.

white

Post by white » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:23 pm

let teddy go know. waste of space . will be missing for origin. tell him on his bike

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:24 pm

bonstonker wrote:
Mon 15 May, 2017 3:19 pm

Not much has been mentioned about his part in all this.
The supposed 'footy whisperer' hasn't been dealing out the right advice it seems.

Earl

Post by Earl » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:25 pm

bonstonker wrote:
Mon 15 May, 2017 3:19 pm

It's amazing this Wehbe character was meant to be good for them. There will be heaps of movements next year and players would know that now and they are still putting in. Our precious players though are tantruming all over the place. The sooner these guys are gone the better however I definitely wouldn't release any of them. I'd play them all in reserve grade.

As for the club telling him he will be at Parramatta next season what a joke. He choose to leave and he had a contract for years to sign with us.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:28 pm

Boo hoo.

Hes alwaya been a poor defender and he always will be.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Seantice

Post by Seantice » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:28 pm

Put him in reserve grade. He can be terrible there. With norman injured eels will have to come back to us with a better offer. If they dont play ball screw them. Moses play reserve grade for the rest of the year.

kingbrooks

Post by kingbrooks » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:32 pm

Ridiculous.

I don't buy this crap that they cant concentrate on footy cause of all that's going on.

Far out, Robbie Farah played a match winning origin a few years ago with his mother in her last week of life, yet Mitchell cant front up for the Tigers cause he has signed with another club? Why can Ben Mautlino, Aaron Woods, Jack Bird etc all front up each week and give their best? The bloke is pathetic.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:33 pm

LMAO

"Uncle Ben " ..."I suck at footy "

:roll
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:40 pm

Another Moses thread...yay..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Mon 15 May, 2017 3:44 pm

He was never supposed to be going this season. And was told as much. The fact he's mentally not here just shows how much of a petulant, immature, unprofessional, childish spoiled little brat he is.

Reserve grade would seriously be the best thing for him. As well as a slap in the face.