Elijah Taylor Re-Signs till 2020..

Milky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 9 times

Elijah Taylor Re-Signs till 2020..

Unread post by Milky » Thu 18 May, 2017 9:27 pm

Had a relative at the function today...ET's contract extension is in our favour, he's hopeful of extending longer..

westy81
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by westy81 » Thu 18 May, 2017 9:30 pm

Yesss, glad he wants to stay !!
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

Spacecub
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Spacecub » Thu 18 May, 2017 9:33 pm

No brainer...extension should have been done weeks ago

Tacky
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by Tacky » Thu 18 May, 2017 9:42 pm

If he isn't extended for the next 3 years within the next 4 weeks, I'm going to be really confused. He's our most consistent player, he should now be priority number 2 just behind a fullback for next season. It's really weird that the club hasn't done anything yet.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 334 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 18 May, 2017 9:44 pm

Tacky wrote:
Thu 18 May, 2017 9:42 pm
If he isn't extended for the next 3 years within the next 4 weeks, I'm going to be really confused. He's our most consistent player, he should now be priority number 2 just behind a fullback for next season. It's really weird that the club hasn't done anything yet.
Who is saying they haven't...?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Has liked: 388 times
Been liked: 101 times

Unread post by 851 » Thu 18 May, 2017 9:45 pm

Thanks Milky, this guy should be captain, a lot of our players could learn from him
Go hard or go home

wt00
Has liked: 227 times
Been liked: 69 times

Unread post by wt00 » Thu 18 May, 2017 9:47 pm

Good news. Hopefully a new deal is sorted.
The star of the team is the team.

Tacky

Unread post by Tacky » Thu 18 May, 2017 9:50 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 18 May, 2017 9:44 pm
Tacky wrote:
clifferdSH said that ET hoped the club wanted him next year. It sounds to me as if the club isn't communicating with Taylor about his future yet.

sideline eye
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by sideline eye » Thu 18 May, 2017 9:55 pm

Cleary really rates ET so I think he'll be sorted in good time.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 334 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 18 May, 2017 10:01 pm

Tacky wrote:
Thu 18 May, 2017 9:50 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tacky wrote:
clifferdSH said that ET hoped the club wanted him next year. It sounds to me as if the club isn't communicating with Taylor about his future yet.
Wrong...After the Lurker dribble...It was news to him and everyone in his family he wanted out...the Club wants Taylor and more importantly Elijah wants the Club...Ivan also believes Elijah is the consummate professional a player you can build a team culture around...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 184 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 18 May, 2017 10:04 pm

Providing everything is okay with his daughter and he doesn't want to go home to NZ as a result, he will see his career out with us, or at a minimum stick around as long as Cleary is here. He idolises Cleary. They have a great relationship.

Nelson
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 66 times

Unread post by Nelson » Thu 18 May, 2017 10:06 pm

I imagine the recruitment team have other priorities if the option is in our favour. Rather than just exercising it they probably want to extend him for another couple of years. If he's happy and the club's happy then focus on other players before they disappear from the market. There are some serious bed-wetters on here lately...

helmesy
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by helmesy » Thu 18 May, 2017 10:07 pm

Fingers crossed he stays

Roar Power
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by Roar Power » Thu 18 May, 2017 10:09 pm

Captain Elijah has a good ring to it...

TSupps05
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by TSupps05 » Thu 18 May, 2017 10:11 pm

No1 priority, if we lose him i'm done

Tacky

Unread post by Tacky » Thu 18 May, 2017 10:18 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 18 May, 2017 10:01 pm
Tacky wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Tacky wrote:
Wrong...After the Lurker dribble...It was news to everyone in his family he wanted out...the Club wants Taylor and more importantly Elijah wants the Club...Ivan also believes Elijah is the consummate professional a player you can build a team culture around...
I was just repeating what clifferdSH said. I know Cleary rates ET and it's good to hear that ET likes the club. But, that just makes it even more strange that ET hasn't re-signed yet. I assume they're sorting out a deal and trying to move cap around for more player signings.

He's a player that could build a legacy at this club. 4-5 years is more than enough time for him to be a part of the Tigers return to the finals and premiership contention. I'm probably getting ahead of myself but, I'm just happy to see ET remain at the club.

marzie

Unread post by marzie » Thu 18 May, 2017 10:24 pm

Im happy if this is true but it contradicts what Taylor said after he re-signed
Elijah Taylor negotiated his new Tigers contract on his own
December 7, 2016 9:36am
MATT LOGUEThe Daily Telegraph
ELIJAH Taylor has never been one to cause a scene.

Mild in his manner, Taylor prefers to be patient when dealing with his problems.

But when he remained unsigned at the Wests Tigers deep into November, he knew something had to change.

It’s why Taylor went over his manager’s head and finalised his deal at the Tigers himself.

“That was the first time I’ve done that,” Taylor said.

“But after starting the off-season and a deal still wasn’t put to bed, you’ve got to get things done yourself I suppose.

ELIJAH Taylor has never been one to cause a scene.

Mild in his manner, Taylor prefers to be patient when dealing with his problems.

But when he remained unsigned at the Wests Tigers deep into November, he knew something had to change.

It’s why Taylor went over his manager’s head and finalised his deal at the Tigers himself.

“That was the first time I’ve done that,” Taylor said.

“But after starting the off-season and a deal still wasn’t put to bed, you’ve got to get things done yourself I suppose.

“In the off-season I left it up to my manager to sort out a new deal, but it was taking a really long time.

“It came to November and it still wasn’t done, so I just had to step up and do it and I finally got it done.

“I just called Justin Pascoe (CEO) and had a very open and honest discussion in his office and it was good.

“It took a lot longer than I thought, but I’m very glad to have it over and done with.

“It’s a one year deal with an option for 2018 in my favour, so I’m pretty happy.”

Taylor’s contract extension with the Tigers caps off an eventful season for the Kiwi-born back-rower.

After starting the year in reserve grade at Penrith, he fought hard to resurrect his career at the Tigers.

Taylor played 15 games for the joint-venture club, cementing himself as one of the team’s most consistent performers.

It’s a remarkable turnaround the unassuming forward doesn’t take for granted.

“At the start of the year I didn’t even like league at all,” he said.

“But I got the lifeline from the Tigers who gave me another opportunity.

“We have a lot of potential as a team and a lot of people don’t realise that.

“But in our core group of players we’ve got a lot of belief and we are training really hard to make sure we fulfil our potential.”

Taylor has signed a one-year extension with an option in his favour.
The raw talent at the Tigers was a major reason why Taylor wanted to stay at the club.

He had interest from rugby union, but says league was always his first priority.

“The Tigers set-up, the coaching and support staff and trainers are world class and I really wanted to work with them,” he said.

“That made the decision a lot easier.

“Rugby was an option, but I wasn’t as close as lot of people thought I was.”

Taylor now has his sights set on regaining his position in the New Zealand Test side after missing out on selection for the Four Nations.

“You want to be in that Kiwi team and I was pretty gutted not making it,” he said.

“To be told by the selectors that you had a great season with the Tigers and you played really well, but we are heading in another direction.

“That’s pretty shattering. But it just makes me want to work harder and I’ve just got to focus on the Tigers now and play as well as I can.”
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 265b30936b

Bones
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Bones » Thu 18 May, 2017 10:26 pm

Tacky wrote:
Thu 18 May, 2017 10:18 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thu 18 May, 2017 10:01 pm
Tacky wrote:
Geo. wrote:

Wrong...After the Lurker dribble...It was news to everyone in his family he wanted out...the Club wants Taylor and more importantly Elijah wants the Club...Ivan also believes Elijah is the consummate professional a player you can build a team culture around...
I was just repeating what clifferdSH said. I know Cleary rates ET and it's good to hear that ET likes the club. But, that just makes it even more strange that ET hasn't re-signed yet. I assume they're sorting out a deal and trying to move cap around for more player signings.

He's a player that could build a legacy at this club. 4-5 years is more than enough time for him to be a part of the Tigers return to the finals and premiership contention. I'm probably getting ahead of myself but, I'm just happy to see ET remain at the club.
If Milky is right he doesn't need to be re-signed yet. The club has an option in their favour for next year so he will be here unless we don't want him, and that won't be the case.

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”