Sean Sabutey

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 282 times
Been liked: 75 times

Re: Sean Sabutey

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 1:18 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sun 04 Jun, 2017 12:17 am
With young fans like you Ben..the fanbase is in safe hands...

Keep searching mate..I would like the next Jason Taumalolo tho..

bathursttiger
Has liked: 375 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 1:57 pm

Spacecub wrote:
Sun 04 Jun, 2017 3:35 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 9:30 pm
I just sent this to Justin Pascoe

Dear Justin Pascoe,

I thouroghly enjoyed watching the Coach and CEO Q&A.
I thank you for your insight into the direction of the club and what is happening behind the scenes.

I just wanted to contact you and the club in regards to Sean Sabutey. Sean is a young outside back who is currently playing for the North Sydney Bears. I have attached a youtube clip below showing some of his potential, not only in attack but also defence. His opposition in the video is not up to first grade standard but I am sure he would succeed in the NRL arena. This video is from 2015 so Sean has grown and developed since then and would only be getting better. I think this would be a good depth signing and over time may develop into a great NRL prospect. I am not a professional rugby league recruitment manager but I would like you and the club to consider Sean.

Thanks so much. I am a diehard Wests Tigers supporter and I just want the tigers to be the best they can be and hopefully win a premiership in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Ben - On the bus :)
Can you do something worthwhile and send him a highlights reel of James Roberts, Blake Ferguson or latrell Mitchell...not some neville playing park footy
Geez your pretty hard on a 12 year old kid.

Russell
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 4:20 pm

Spacecub wrote:
Sun 04 Jun, 2017 3:35 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Sat 03 Jun, 2017 9:30 pm
I just sent this to Justin Pascoe

Dear Justin Pascoe,

I thouroghly enjoyed watching the Coach and CEO Q&A.
I thank you for your insight into the direction of the club and what is happening behind the scenes.

I just wanted to contact you and the club in regards to Sean Sabutey. Sean is a young outside back who is currently playing for the North Sydney Bears. I have attached a youtube clip below showing some of his potential, not only in attack but also defence. His opposition in the video is not up to first grade standard but I am sure he would succeed in the NRL arena. This video is from 2015 so Sean has grown and developed since then and would only be getting better. I think this would be a good depth signing and over time may develop into a great NRL prospect. I am not a professional rugby league recruitment manager but I would like you and the club to consider Sean.

Thanks so much. I am a diehard Wests Tigers supporter and I just want the tigers to be the best they can be and hopefully win a premiership in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Ben - On the bus :)
Can you do something worthwhile and send him a highlights reel of James Roberts, Blake Ferguson or latrell Mitchell...not some neville playing park footy
I don't think Ben is aware that obviously "bad attitude" is the criteria.

Russell
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by Russell » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 4:26 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 1:18 pm
Geo. wrote:

That's not "The Fridge" in his younger days is it?

Would have loved to have seen one of those little guys tackle that palooka.

bathursttiger

Unread post by bathursttiger » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 5:52 pm

Russell wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 4:26 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 1:18 pm
Geo. wrote:

That's not "The Fridge" in his younger days is it?

Would have loved to have seen one of those little guys tackle that palooka.
Is this kid Tenula Tuaki's son?

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 29 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 7:01 pm

And this is why junior RL is dying - obviously 25 other kids weren;t even involved in this game. This mobidly obese kid will squash everyone right through to under 16s and then disappear along with the other 100 or so kids who lose interest in playing the game because of crap like this.

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 7:16 pm

That's ridonculous

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 85 times

Unread post by Harvey » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 7:36 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 7:01 pm
And this is why junior RL is dying - obviously 25 other kids weren;t even involved in this game. This mobidly obese kid will squash everyone right through to under 16s and then disappear along with the other 100 or so kids who lose interest in playing the game because of crap like this.
He will be a superstar in the NYC, talked about as the next big thing, and then when he gets up against athletes who are almost as big as him who he can dominate through sheer size, he will disappear. Have a look at some of the touted next big things who aren't halves or skillful players.

We have had more than our fair share come through the tigers system. This is why the juniors need to incorporate weight based divisions. Half of the kids he was up against will walk away from the game, and probably more than 50% have more potential than him.

bathursttiger

Unread post by bathursttiger » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 8:34 pm

diedpretty wrote:
It's time that juniors were returned to a weight base sides.
Then he would be up against guys the same weight but they would be a lot older and he would be the one who would disappear.

jirskyr
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 9:07 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 25 Sep, 2017 8:34 pm
diedpretty wrote:
It's time that juniors were returned to a weight base sides.
Then he would be up against guys the same weight but they would be a lot older and he would be the one who would disappear.
That's problematic too though, he'd be up against kids much more mature than him. Imagine if he's, what, 10 years old and 65 kgs, they put him up against 14 year olds. They may be the same size as him but with teenage brains, more speed.

The kid is a freak for size and therefore doesn't easily fit in any category.

jirskyr
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Mon 25 Sep, 2017 9:13 pm

On this Sabutey kid too, is this the modern paradigm, where you sign up and some management flog puts together a video of your highlights on youtube?

Then you generate some traffic and keen supporters send links to the club CEO? Then he has to write a nice email to say thanks.

Then the kid joins ISP as an 18 y.o. and gets decked by seasons reserve graders and never steps up.

Donald Trump
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Donald Trump » Fri 29 Sep, 2017 5:14 pm

Lame
Let's make the Tigers great again!

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 282 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 10:28 am

http://www.nrl.com/i-want-to-give-back- ... fault.aspx

Martin Gabor Sat 14 Oct, 2017, 6:00am
By Martin Gabor, National Correspondent‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com
@MartinJGabor

Great moments are born from great opportunity.

Those are the immortal words of coach Herb Brooks (portrayed by Kurt Russell in the film Miracle) ahead of the USA's shock win over the USSR in the 1980 Winter Olympics ice hockey gold medal match.

Robbie Farah has had some great moments throughout his lengthy career at both club and representative level, but arguably his most cherished came 15 years ago when he was given an unlikely opportunity to represent Lebanon in a game against France.

"The game was in November, and a couple of months before they had tryouts – I think it was at Leichhardt - but I was on tour with the Wests Tigers Cubs, which was like an under-18s team put together," he recalled.

"We were in New Zealand so I couldn't make the tryouts, but I really wanted to make the Lebanese side so I sent John Elias – he was the coach at the time – a highlights tape of me.

"He saw something in me from a highlights tape, and from all reports everyone was talking him out of picking me, but he wanted me in the side. He took me over pretty much unseen - the only time he'd ever seen me was from a highlights tape - and I got picked as the starting halfback.

"Hazem (El Masri) was our captain and I was in awe of the players around me. I was just a young kid, we went to Lebanon and we won 36-6. I started at halfback and scored the first try of the game and then there was a complete blackout as we were walking back to halfway after my try.

"We were all pretty worried because we didn't know what was going on and whether the game would continue or not. About 10 minutes later the generators kicked in and the lights came back on.

"It was a big win, 36-6, because France were ranked fourth in the world at the time so it was a massive win for us. It was one of the best tours of my life and some of my best friends to this day are guys I met on that tour from that team."

Farah has since won a premiership with the Wests Tigers and helped the NSW Blues orchestrate a stunning drought-breaking series win over Queensland in 2014, but it was his maiden Test cap as a teenager that stands above the rest.

With relatives in the stands, a cousin on the bench and family watching back in Sydney, it's a memory that will stay with Farah forever.

"Back home I know the family were watching it on TV with the uncles and the cousins. From all reports they were all in tears because it means a hell of a lot to them," he explained.

"When you think of my parents and my cousins' parents, they left their home town 40 or 50 years ago to come here to give their children a better life, but they've still got an emotional attachment to their motherland, so to see one of their kids pull on the colours of Lebanon, you can imagine how much it means to our parents.

"I was at my dad's house yesterday (Wednesday), actually, walking up his stairwell, and he's still got my framed Lebanon jersey from the one Test match I played up on the wall. It's been there for 15 years and I don't think it'll ever move."

Unable to remember much from his first trip to Lebanon with his mother and sister as a four-year-old, Farah has been back twice in the past few years.

The most recent trip saw the 33-year-old play tour guide to his brother, but it was his 2013 visit after the Rugby League World Cup that hits home the hardest for Farah who had lost his mother to cancer the previous year.

"I went back after the World Cup in 2013. I went straight to Lebanon for a week or so on my own," he recalled.

"Mum was one of 11 kids – my grandmother's still alive – and the majority of them are still in Lebanon. Since my mum passed away in 2012, I wanted to go over and see my mother's family and pay my respects and see them. That was a pretty emotional week for me. It was pretty tough going back there without mum because it brought back a lot of memories, which was tough."

Fifteen years after he was given a chance as an untested halfback, the creative No.9 now wants to give back to the Cedars on the game's biggest stage.

"I made the commitment to Lebanon last year. I had my time playing for Australia, and while I don't think I was ever a chance to get picked, my time was done and there's someone else in there now," he said.

"Even if it did get to a point where, say Cam (Kangaroos hooker, Cameron Smith) got injured or six other hookers – I don't know how many would be in front of me – got injured and I did get the call to play for Australia, I would have probably knocked that back because I'm really looking forward to giving back to Lebanon.

"That opportunity when I was an 18-year-old, I can't speak highly enough of how much that did for me and how much that improved me as a player. I'll never forget now at my age and the point I'm at in my career, I'm really looking forward to giving back to Lebanon."

And that is why you send highlights tapes to Coaches/CEO's

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 225 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 5:47 pm

I was wondering if there was a point to all this... Got there eventually

dazza65
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by dazza65 » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 8:54 pm

Oh geez spare me.... :roll:
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

jctiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by jctiger » Sun 15 Oct, 2017 2:48 pm

And that’s why you’ve got to admire Taumalolo, giving back to Tonga in the prime of his career, not at the end

fibrodreaming
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by fibrodreaming » Mon 16 Oct, 2017 10:39 am

jctiger wrote:
Sun 15 Oct, 2017 2:48 pm
And that’s why you’ve got to admire Taumalolo, giving back to Tonga in the prime of his career, not at the end
What does "...giving back to Tonga.." mean in this context jc?

Taumalolo played RL in Auckland until he was 14 then moved to Townsville and the Cows turned him into the finished article. Tonga had nothing to do with his development as a footballer.

Muffstar
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Muffstar » Mon 16 Oct, 2017 12:19 pm

gunna be a long off season

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”