Jacob Liddle - Extends till 2019..

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2613
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Re: Jacob Liddle - Extends till 2019..

Unread post by Harvey » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 5:09 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 06 Sep, 2017 6:43 am
wt00 wrote:
Tue 05 Sep, 2017 12:23 pm
Jacob Liddle will have surgery on both shoulders but will be right to go for the start of 2018
Poor guy, I was always concerned about his ordinary build for such a defensive job as hooker. Will he be able to cope with the big guys running at him for the next decade?
He is similar in size to Cameron Smith and your hero. Perhaps it was more to do with his age and workload given the impact and effort of some of the slugs defending the middle with him


Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3898
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 9:40 pm

Harvey, checking out this pics I think Robbie is significantly more developed that gives him more protection for the heavy stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Liddle

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=robb ... NkPI62t61M:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=robb ... mortNpvsqM:
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4133
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Unread post by gallagher » Wed 06 Sep, 2017 9:50 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 06 Sep, 2017 9:40 pm
Harvey, checking out this pics I think Robbie is significantly more developed that gives him more protection for the heavy stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Liddle

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=robb ... NkPI62t61M:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=robb ... mortNpvsqM:
Not when he was Liddles age though.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 3898
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Unread post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 07 Sep, 2017 5:31 am

gallagher wrote:
Wed 06 Sep, 2017 9:50 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 06 Sep, 2017 9:40 pm
Harvey, checking out this pics I think Robbie is significantly more developed that gives him more protection for the heavy stuff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Liddle

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=robb ... NkPI62t61M:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=robb ... mortNpvsqM:
Not when he was Liddles age though.
Well something does not add up because I doubt that Farah had two new shoulders by his first year in first grade and or by Jacob's age. Jacob's career is Ballin's in reverse.

Shows what a terrible toll the game can take.
Last edited by Byron Bay Fan on Thu 07 Sep, 2017 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Mccarry
Member
Member
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri 21 Jun, 2013 5:06 pm

Unread post by Mccarry » Thu 07 Sep, 2017 7:26 am

wt00 wrote:
Tue 05 Sep, 2017 12:23 pm
Jacob Liddle will have surgery on both shoulders but will be right to go for the start of 2018
Surely he had this surgery months ago? Please tell me he did

I hope he recovers well. Seems like a lovely young man with a good head on his shoulders.


User avatar
wt00
Member
Member
Posts: 1571
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Unread post by wt00 » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 7:01 pm

The star of the team is the team.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3333
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Unread post by Russell » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 7:19 pm

Recover well Jake. Best Wishes.

I am sure there is a brilliant season ahead of you in 2018.

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Unread post by stryker » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 7:42 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 05 Sep, 2017 10:13 pm
stryker wrote:
Mon 05 Jun, 2017 11:44 pm
Milky wrote:
Mon 05 Jun, 2017 10:13 pm
Nathan coming would ruin his career.

You never mix family with business. Especially when you are in the publics eye.
Dont agree. Family and business do mix very well.
The only obstacle is living together.
Ha I agree. The Murdochs, the Packers, the Lowys, the Mars family etc etc.
Dont forget the Mafia lol...

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1718
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Unread post by bathursttiger » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 7:54 pm

Mccarry wrote:
Thu 07 Sep, 2017 7:26 am
wt00 wrote:
Tue 05 Sep, 2017 12:23 pm
Jacob Liddle will have surgery on both shoulders but will be right to go for the start of 2018
Surely he had this surgery months ago? Please tell me he did.

He had 1 shoulder operated on about a month ago, this current operation is for the second shoulder.
For obvious reasons they didn't do both at the same time.
Last edited by bathursttiger on Tue 12 Sep, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4237
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Unread post by sheer64 » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 7:57 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 7:54 pm
Mccarry wrote:
Thu 07 Sep, 2017 7:26 am
wt00 wrote:
Tue 05 Sep, 2017 12:23 pm
Jacob Liddle will have surgery on both shoulders but will be right to go for the start of 2018
Surely he had this surgery months ago? Please tell me he did

He had 1 shoulder operated on about a month ago, this current operation is for the second shoulder.
For obvious reasons they didn't do both at the same time.
It wont wipe itself!
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3243
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Unread post by formerguest » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 10:55 pm

Surgery to different regions by the look of him and one of the few youngsters not well inked.

Hope he can develop his kicking game whilst nursing the upper body. If so, he will be ready for the big stage.

User avatar
Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1709
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Tue 12 Sep, 2017 11:01 pm

Get well soon, I look forward to him owning the No9.

My only concern is his follicular fashion, what's with the haircut?

User avatar
sideline eye
Member
Member
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm

Unread post by sideline eye » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 2:24 pm

formerguest wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 10:55 pm
Surgery to different regions by the look of him and one of the few youngsters not well inked.

Hope he can develop his kicking game whilst nursing the upper body. If so, he will be ready for the big stage.
It's rotator cuff surgery, done by keyholes. I have exactly the same scars except mine failed being about 50 years older than him and with rubbish tendon tissue.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6344
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Unread post by supercoach » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 2:43 pm

formerguest wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 10:55 pm
Surgery to different regions by the look of him and one of the few youngsters not well inked.

Hope he can develop his kicking game whilst nursing the upper body. If so, he will be ready for the big stage.
Not only a very promising footballer but a kid with a brain, i mean how refreshing..no ink..or at least what we can see. I look at blokes like Dugan and Mcguire and wonder what they will look like when they are 50 plus

User avatar
sideline eye
Member
Member
Posts: 841
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm

Unread post by sideline eye » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 4:31 pm

supercoach wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 2:43 pm
formerguest wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 10:55 pm
Surgery to different regions by the look of him and one of the few youngsters not well inked.

Hope he can develop his kicking game whilst nursing the upper body. If so, he will be ready for the big stage.
Not only a very promising footballer but a kid with a brain, i mean how refreshing..no ink..or at least what we can see. I look at blokes like Dugan and Mcguire and wonder what they will look like when they are 50 plus
My physio has a tat of his bull terrier; I told him that by the time he reaches my age it will be a shar pei.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2766
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Unread post by magpiecol » Wed 13 Sep, 2017 10:45 pm

sideline eye wrote:
Wed 13 Sep, 2017 2:24 pm
formerguest wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 10:55 pm
Surgery to different regions by the look of him and one of the few youngsters not well inked.

Hope he can develop his kicking game whilst nursing the upper body. If so, he will be ready for the big stage.
It's rotator cuff surgery, done by keyholes. I have exactly the same scars except mine failed being about 50 years older than him and with rubbish tendon tissue.
Had the same operation only with a big scar.

No problem.

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 2968
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Unread post by Tigerdon » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 7:02 am

stryker wrote:
Tue 12 Sep, 2017 7:42 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 05 Sep, 2017 10:13 pm
stryker wrote:
Mon 05 Jun, 2017 11:44 pm
Milky wrote:
Mon 05 Jun, 2017 10:13 pm
Nathan coming would ruin his career.

You never mix family with business. Especially when you are in the publics eye.
Dont agree. Family and business do mix very well.
The only obstacle is living together.
Ha I agree. The Murdochs, the Packers, the Lowys, the Mars family etc etc.
Dont forget the Mafia lol...
Nathan and Ivan are very grounded. It would be a different story if it were someone like John Tomic, father of Bernard Tomic.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Post Reply

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”

cron