Curtis Rona

Tigerles

Re: Curtis Rona

Post by Tigerles » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 4:06 pm

tigerbenji wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 3:17 pm
I might be wrong, but i have a feeling we will sign Rona.
I'm with you on that feeling, just think it will happen. Justin didn't say it wasn't happening the other day and Moley also said it was still a chance. it would top off the new backline signings nicely.

Tigerles

Post by Tigerles » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 8:37 pm

tigerap wrote:
Wed 23 Aug, 2017 4:22 pm
tigerap wrote:
Wed 23 Aug, 2017 4:12 pm
Tigerles wrote:
Wed 23 Aug, 2017 1:20 pm
still could be a chance of Rona becoming a tiger

Thanks for sharing this tweet Mick...I hope Pascoe fills up the bus...IMO we don't need to many more passengers....Rona and an established second rower.....
Actually Mick, As you have a reliable line of communication to Pascoe, can you please run this idea past him....

many WT Fans really enjoyed the Q&A sessions with Pascoe and Cleary that was broadcast on WT TV...It would be great if they did an end of season WT TV broadcast covering:

1) Season 2017 in review including how the club went off field (i.e. financially)
2) Discuss all our new recruits and re signings and where and how Cleary sees them contributing to our 2018 side
3) What are the areas Cleary will be focusing on during the pre-season
4) What will be the coaching makeup be in 2018
5) What are the teams realistic goals in 2018 (top 8 or top 4)?
7) Update on the proposed Centre of Excellence and the realistic chances of getting off the ground.

I'm sure many, like me, are excited at our prospects for 2018 and already can't wait for March to come around...getting the clubs insights on these 7 topics would be fantastic for WT fan/member engagement....just a suggestion....,

05TIGZ

Post by 05TIGZ » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 10:17 pm

Tigerles wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 4:06 pm
tigerbenji wrote:
I'm with you on that feeling, just think it will happen. Justin didn't say it wasn't happening the other day and Moley also said it was still a chance. it would top off the new backline signings nicely.
Rona or Brett Morris would be the icing on the cake for our recruitment.

westy81

Post by westy81 » Thu 24 Aug, 2017 10:29 pm

05TIGZ wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 10:17 pm
Tigerles wrote:
tigerbenji wrote:

Brett Morris, no thanks
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 6:35 am

05TIGZ wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 10:17 pm
Tigerles wrote:
tigerbenji wrote:
The morris boys are looking for a long term pension.if we were lucky we could get maybe 1 decent year from him the problem is he wont sign for 1 year.So no thanks ESL is a far better option for him.

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 8:31 am

Morris boys are almost past their use by date. Don't want them and we don't need them.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 8:51 am

Russell wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 8:31 am
Morris boys are almost past their use by date. Don't want them and we don't need them.
Agree we don't necessarily want them (too big of a risk) but we are crying out for a bit of speed in the backline. We don't seem to have a lot of genuine pace.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 9:27 am

I don't get all the hype around Rona, okay he was a very solid 1st grade footballer, but was he better than most outside backs running around now?? Okay yes he would get a start with us and would be solid but I also think we now have cheaper options that will do the same job. Of course my mind keeps going back to Koro and JAC and wonder how we let them go

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 9:48 am

supercoach wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 9:27 am
I don't get all the hype around Rona, okay he was a very solid 1st grade footballer, but was he better than most outside backs running around now?? Okay yes he would get a start with us and would be solid but I also think we now have cheaper options that will do the same job. Of course my mind keeps going back to Koro and JAC and wonder how we let them go
He's faster than anyone in our outside backs currently signed for next season. Taller than anyone too. No one's saying he'd play origin or for NZ but he's a great finisher with great pace and size. He would be the first back picked for us. We have no-one close to his ability at this stage and that's why he'd be an important signing for us if he were to join.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 12:40 pm

Tigerles wrote:
Thu 24 Aug, 2017 8:37 pm
tigerap wrote:
Wed 23 Aug, 2017 4:22 pm
tigerap wrote:
Wed 23 Aug, 2017 4:12 pm
Tigerles wrote:
Wed 23 Aug, 2017 1:20 pm
still could be a chance of Rona becoming a tiger

Thanks for sharing this tweet Mick...I hope Pascoe fills up the bus...IMO we don't need to many more passengers....Rona and an established second rower.....
Actually Mick, As you have a reliable line of communication to Pascoe, can you please run this idea past him....

many WT Fans really enjoyed the Q&A sessions with Pascoe and Cleary that was broadcast on WT TV...It would be great if they did an end of season WT TV broadcast covering:

1) Season 2017 in review including how the club went off field (i.e. financially)
2) Discuss all our new recruits and re signings and where and how Cleary sees them contributing to our 2018 side
3) What are the areas Cleary will be focusing on during the pre-season
4) What will be the coaching makeup be in 2018
5) What are the teams realistic goals in 2018 (top 8 or top 4)?
7) Update on the proposed Centre of Excellence and the realistic chances of getting off the ground.

I'm sure many, like me, are excited at our prospects for 2018 and already can't wait for March to come around...getting the clubs insights on these 7 topics would be fantastic for WT fan/member engagement....just a suggestion....,
Many thanks Mick!...good man!

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 1:05 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 9:48 am
supercoach wrote:
He's faster than anyone in our outside backs currently signed for next season. Taller than anyone too. No one's saying he'd play origin or for NZ but he's a great finisher with great pace and size. He would be the first back picked for us. We have no-one close to his ability at this stage and that's why he'd be an important signing for us if he were to join.
I wrote a post last week about some of the wingers going around in the top sides and how much of an impact they were having in their respective teams and on winning games. (I think it was in the MWZ thread). Well, last night's Eels vs Broncos game highlighted it perfectly with Radradra just terrorising the Broncos scoring tries from nothing. Rona is a fast, big, hard running guy who knows how to score and I think he would be a great addition. Unfortunately I agree that the ARU debacle will be a long protracted case and Rona is unlikely to join us or anyone, especially since playing for the Wallabies.

Some speed and quality on the wing would be an awesome addition if we can possibly find it.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 1:17 pm

What's stopping us from getting him a contract which gives him an out clause if the Force were to regain their membership?

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 1:27 pm

supercoach wrote:
Just MHO, but I'd take Rona on his Canterbury form over Addo-Carr.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 1:27 pm

hammertime wrote:
Fri 25 Aug, 2017 1:17 pm
What's stopping us from getting him a contract which gives him an out clause if the Force were to regain their membership?
Because, he's most likely to just join another Super Rugby team.
Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer.

Elderslie Tiger

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 1:36 pm

Our monumental stuff up with the salary cap Blair,Farah just to mention a couple was the main reason we let Koro and JAC go now that is all behind us onward and upward and bring on 2018.

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 1:54 pm

supercoach wrote:
He is not a superstar but he is a very good Rugby League player, Supercoach. Note I said RL player and that is as opposed to a speed merchant that plays RL. E.g. JAC, Koro, Jimmy the Jet etc.

Koro and JAC - we know why they went and that does not need to be rehashed. However imo it is worth trying to get a player of Rona's ability as he is an all round player. i.e. Reasonably quick, decent size, good defender and good under the high ball. He is also a thinking player who is equally good on the wing and in the centre.

It is a shame we probably will not be able to attract him.

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 2:16 pm

He has hype because he is a good player in a position we are extremely weak in. Simple.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 25 Aug, 2017 2:42 pm

Awesome finisher
:sign: