Mahe Fonua and Corey Thompson (official)

Spacecub

Re: Mahe Founa and Corey Thompson (official)

Post by Spacecub » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 7:03 am

LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Fri 09 Jun, 2017 1:19 am
Backline

1. Lolo 2 Nofo 3 Fono 4 Moso 5 Thomo 6 Grubbo 7 Brookso
Hope he hasnt finished recruiting yet...thats not a top 8 backline

Demps

Post by Demps » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 9:00 am

Spacecub wrote:
Fri 09 Jun, 2017 7:03 am
LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Backline

Its close tho...
Would prefer,

1. Lolohea
2. Nofo
3. Suli
4. Milne
5. Rona
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Earl

Post by Earl » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 9:20 am

Demps wrote:
Fri 09 Jun, 2017 9:00 am
Spacecub wrote:
Fri 09 Jun, 2017 7:03 am
LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Backline

Its close tho...
Would prefer,

1. Lolohea
2. Nofo
3. Suli
4. Milne
5. Rona
I like this backline but Fonua may also be a good option. I suppose if we don't get Milne or Rona Fonua takes one of those spots.

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 3:16 pm

Earl wrote:
Thu 08 Jun, 2017 8:17 pm
4jtigers wrote:
Thu 08 Jun, 2017 3:21 pm
good stuff - funny how they said nobody wants to come to the West Tigers :)
No one wants to come unless you offer them a contract.
Tedesco was offered a contract and he still didn't stay... oh well.
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by 4jtigers » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 3:17 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 08 Jun, 2017 8:50 pm
4jtigers wrote:
I've never heard that no one will come here , but the numberof top quality players who are battering our door down isn't exactly a torrent,
slowly coming our way GCT :sign:
Old Ways won't Open New Doors – author uknown

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 3:18 pm

4jtigers wrote:
Fri 09 Jun, 2017 3:17 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
4jtigers wrote:
I've never heard that no one will come here , but the numberof top quality players who are battering our door down isn't exactly a torrent,
slowly coming our way GCT :sign:
The best player is the team mate.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 4:03 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
4jtigers wrote:
I don't get it? You expect or desire a torrent of top-quality players battering our door down? Please show me the entryway to this fantasy land.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 4:07 pm

I think Packer and Reynolds are 2 of the most quality signings any club has made for next season. They'll take us a long way imo.

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 4:44 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 09 Jun, 2017 4:07 pm
I think Packer and Reynolds are 2 of the most quality signings any club has made for next season. They'll take us a long way imo.
Agree, can build a team around these guys.

yeti

Post by yeti » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 6:17 pm

TopTiger wrote:
Fri 09 Jun, 2017 4:44 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
I would add Mautilino to that list. He is a quality prop that plenty of teams have wanted to sign for years. Watch him go when he reaches match fitness over the next month or so.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 7:47 pm

yeti wrote:
Fri 09 Jun, 2017 6:17 pm
TopTiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
I would add Mautilino to that list. He is a quality prop that plenty of teams have wanted to sign for years. Watch him go when he reaches match fitness over the next month or so.
I'm more excited about Matulino than I am about Packer. I can't wait to see Reynolds and Lolohea sniffing around his offloads in the middle of the park.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 8:27 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 09 Jun, 2017 4:03 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
4jtigers wrote:
I don't get it? You expect or desire a torrent of top-quality players battering our door down? Please show me the entryway to this fantasy land.
Jumped in without understanding the post again, eh?
Did I say that I thought rhat we would get that sort of top quality players coming here, ?
No .
I just said that they aren't knocking us over in the rush to move here. Which is exactlywhat I'd expect., no fantasy just a fact that I hope will one day change.
For the overs that we've been throwing around , it doesn't surprise me that few of the ones that we've signed, would grab the dollars very quickly, as we're paying well. Some are well worth it, but some maybe not. Only time will tell,

Roar Power

Post by Roar Power » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 8:45 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 09 Jun, 2017 8:27 pm
jirskyr wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
4jtigers wrote:
Did I say that I thought rhat we would get that sort of top quality players coming here, ?
No .
I just said that they aren't knocking us over in the rush to move here. Which is exactlywhat I'd expect., no fantasy just a fact that I hope will one day change.
For the overs that we've been throwing around , it doesn't surprise me that few of the ones that we've signed, would grab the dollars very quickly, as we're paying well. Some are well worth it, but some maybe not. Only time will tell,
I am not understanding your 'overs' argument. From the numbers I have seen bandied around, they are commensurate with the players standings in the game I reckon. Ivan is moneyballing this recruitment drive and I don't believe significant monies have gone to anybody in particular.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 8:48 pm

Fraze23 wrote:
Fri 09 Jun, 2017 7:47 pm
yeti wrote:
Fri 09 Jun, 2017 6:17 pm
TopTiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
I'm more excited about Matulino than I am about Packer. I can't wait to see Reynolds and Lolohea sniffing around his offloads in the middle of the park.
I'm more excited about Matulino too (though I still think Packer is a good signing). The biggest question mark out of our recruits is probably over Lolohea at FB; hopefully he kills it.
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 8:51 pm

TopTiger wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
I think that some of the signings are better than the ones that we have at the moment,but we are so quick to get in a lather whenever someone actually comes here. I'd rather not get all in a knot until we've seen them play a few games for us before I start wetting my daks about them, we have short memories,
It's taken nearly three years for a lot to see the fact that our super halves weren't capable of playing well together. And should not have been put into first grade.
That's not hindside either . as I've had that opinion for most of the time that they were left
To run the team.
I've had plenty thrown at me over the last few years because of my opinion of them. , it's strange seeing so many people now on the bandwagon about them , particularly Moses.
If these guys or at least most of them, work out, that's good
We still need at least one gamebreaker if we want to play Semis IMO.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 8:55 pm

Roar Power wrote:
Fri 09 Jun, 2017 8:45 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:

No .
I am not understanding your 'overs' argument. From the numbers I have seen bandied around, they are commensurate with the players standings in the game I reckon. Ivan is moneyballing this recruitment drive and I don't believe significant monies have gone to anybody in particular.
That's fine if you think that we haven't,, I think that we have. We'll know in about 18 months.
One way or another

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 9:15 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 09 Jun, 2017 8:55 pm
Roar Power wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

No .
That's fine if you think that we haven't,, I think that we have. We'll know in about 18 months.
One way or another
Who have we overpaid, what will they be earning here? And what would you pay them?

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 09 Jun, 2017 9:20 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 09 Jun, 2017 8:55 pm
Roar Power wrote:
goldcoast tiger wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

No .
One way or another
No you won't, because you'll never actually know what any of them are on.