Tim Grant - Commits till 2018..

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5226
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Tim Grant - Commits till 2018..

Post by Russell » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:38 pm

Harvey wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:25 pm
Half way through next year we will be hoping for a swap deal with Matulino
You will. :shock:


philgood
Member
Member
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 11:50 pm

Post by philgood » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:40 pm

Thank God this penalty magnet is going

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 2042
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:46 pm

Good luck to him. He hasn't done much wrong in his time here and has given his best regardless what grade he has been playing.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6425
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:55 pm

Coasttiger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 6:56 pm
Geyer on MMM just said Grant has signed a 1 year deal with the Panthers next year.
God I hope so

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29687
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:59 pm

Swap for Sam Hopalong McKendry?
He's only done three ACLs


bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2912
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 10:03 pm

851 wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 8:20 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 7:45 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 1:59 pm
Right now Tim Grant is a tradeable commodity.

Dont release him to the Knights or whoever unless we get something decent in return.
A straight swap with NC, good deal.
Sounds great, looking forward to the tweet and photo of Cleary jnr in a WestsTigers jumper
Don't hold your breath.

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 1044
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Wed 04 Jul, 2018 11:00 pm

I’d say he was a swap with Oliver Clark, or at least panthers realising Clark allowed them to resign young Ellis and entice Grant back home.
Raw end of the deal? Time will tell... in the ISP game Jimmy Smith did mention he was highly respected at Penrith. (Clarke that is)

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 7:55 am

Needaname wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 11:00 pm
I’d say he was a swap with Oliver Clark, or at least panthers realising Clark allowed them to resign young Ellis and entice Grant back home.
Raw end of the deal? Time will tell... in the ISP game Jimmy Smith did mention he was highly respected at Penrith. (Clarke that is)
Lets pray we have someone else in mind than Clark.

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3490
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 8:04 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 7:55 am
Needaname wrote:
Wed 04 Jul, 2018 11:00 pm
I’d say he was a swap with Oliver Clark, or at least panthers realising Clark allowed them to resign young Ellis and entice Grant back home.
Raw end of the deal? Time will tell... in the ISP game Jimmy Smith did mention he was highly respected at Penrith. (Clarke that is)
Lets pray we have someone else in mind than Clark.
At least Clark fills the role of fresh meat for posters on here to slag off.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8378
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 8:45 am

Good cup player / depth for them...
Their pack is solid.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
Tiger_Fan18
Member
Member
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed 02 May, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by Tiger_Fan18 » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:35 am

The Penrith Panthers will bring back Wests Tigers prop Tim Grant on a one-year deal, beginning in 2019. The 30-year old returns to his hometown Penrith where he started his career and played 122 games between 2007 and 2014.

“I always wanted to finish my career back home where it started and I’m so grateful to have been given the opportunity,” Grant told penrithpanthers.com.au.

“Even though rugby league is now a business and players move around, there is one club that will always be your club. For me that club is Panthers.

“I know I’ve still got plenty of good footy left in me. I wouldn’t be coming back to Penrith if I didn’t firmly believe I had something meaningful to contribute.”

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29854
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 11:37 am

dude...topics already exist..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri 28 Apr, 2017 9:18 am
Location: Central Coast

Post by coivtny » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:44 pm

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but the processes around this transaction strikes me as a little strange. First, I thought the normal protocol were for the club the player is leaving to announce the move first followed by an announcement from the club the player is going to. As far as I can tell there's been no announcement from WT. Second, the player normally has something nice to say about the club he's leaving and something optimistic about the club he's going to. Grant only comments about Penrith being his spiritual home. Third, I thought it was a complete no-no to show a player in his new team's jersey while he's playing for his old team. I realise these are probably old photos but it's still a little distasteful. Who can forget the disgusting photos of Mundine in a Broncos jersey while he was still playing for St George.
It's really not a big deal because I think most people on the forum wish Grant every success in what will probably be his last season with Penrith but I just find it all a little strange. Maybe there's more to it than meets the eye.

TonyTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 391
Joined: Mon 04 Dec, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by TonyTiger » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 6:40 pm

Grant has played well for us, hasn’t been given a lot of opportunities.

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3010
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Thu 05 Jul, 2018 6:47 pm

coivtny wrote:
Thu 05 Jul, 2018 12:44 pm
Maybe I'm reading too much into this but the processes around this transaction strikes me as a little strange. First, I thought the normal protocol were for the club the player is leaving to announce the move first followed by an announcement from the club the player is going to. As far as I can tell there's been no announcement from WT. Second, the player normally has something nice to say about the club he's leaving and something optimistic about the club he's going to. Grant only comments about Penrith being his spiritual home. Third, I thought it was a complete no-no to show a player in his new team's jersey while he's playing for his old team. I realise these are probably old photos but it's still a little distasteful. Who can forget the disgusting photos of Mundine in a Broncos jersey while he was still playing for St George.
It's really not a big deal because I think most people on the forum wish Grant every success in what will probably be his last season with Penrith but I just find it all a little strange. Maybe there's more to it than meets the eye.
Didn't the Dragons do it last year or maybe was the Broncos(Hunt or Bird) and the other coach blew his top.

Post Reply