Lolohea or Gordon ?

Needaname

Re: Lolohea or Gordon ?

Post by Needaname » Thu 29 Jun, 2017 7:38 am

Why is this still an active thread? We are clearly not getting Gordon. Rename it? Connor or Lolohea?

NZWarrior

Post by NZWarrior » Thu 29 Jun, 2017 2:16 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 28 Jun, 2017 10:20 pm

I think you are wrong - he may well not be a 5/8 (from what we have seen he isn't, but the best we can find at the moment) but everybody seems to be judging him on his ability to control a game. He is not that type of player - he is more a Teddy, Benji type that plays off the cuff and what is in front of him.
As for SJ - not too many people have his skills, but a lot of them he wastes, one day he may reach the expectations that people had of him but I doubt it.

I really don't think the Warriors knew what to do with Lolo or were patient enough to give him time to develop his game in one position and ended up being shoved from pillar to post. When they bought Foran and RTS - that spelled the end of Lolo so they stuck him on the wing and in reserve grade - don't think he was one of Kearney's favs somehow. (The following sentence is all conjecture) I feel that he ended up disillusioned, felt rejected, possibly felt separated from some good mates and so ended up depressed, not putting as much into training, gained a little weight and became his own worst enemy.

I do think he will turn into a very good fullback especially under Cleary who was a very good FB himself, has a great football brain, a very good goal kicker, has patience and seems to be able to get the very best out of Polynesian players. It is unfair to judge him this year as he fills a vacant spot for us (he certainly is doing better than the little big head he replaced).

Wait till he gets the pathway he deserves to FB and see what he does after the remainder of this season, a full off season and gets a reasonable team around him.

People will be saying Connor who?
Hopefully do, for his and the Tigers sake.

He did have some electric plays for the warriors, but as a poster here pointed out, there have been more rocks than diamonds so far.

If he is a Teddy / Benji type, he certainly is slow to show it, I think his first outing with you guys, he ran for 28m...

Regardless of all our conjecture, depth can hardly be a bad thing for our teams, and either way hopefully the tigers start to come right.

There is a good opportunity for him this week against knights, and you would expect him to shine in that game.

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Thu 29 Jun, 2017 3:14 pm

i cant wait until gordon resigns with the roosters so i never have to see someone saying we should sign him again

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 1:59 pm

fergiefurr wrote:
Thu 29 Jun, 2017 3:14 pm
i cant wait until gordon resigns with the roosters so i never have to see someone saying we should sign him again
Gordon re-signed with Roosters today until the end of 2018.
Fair dinkum, if the NRL are that retarded that they can't see recruiting Tedesco on $1 million a season yet not getting rid of ANY of their existing players seems above-board then what an effing disgrace.
If the Roosters aren't cheating the system then I will set fire to my genitals at ANZ on GF day for pre match entertainment. Jeezus Christ the NRL are either corrupt or inconceivably incompetent or both.

Novocastrian Tiger

Post by Novocastrian Tiger » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 2:24 pm

Knowing their cheating and proving it are 2 very different things. They need proof to do anything about it. Roosters have alot of ways of hiding the dodginess.
It starts and ends with the Tiger!

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 2:38 pm

Novocastrian Tiger wrote:
Tue 04 Jul, 2017 2:24 pm
Knowing their cheating and proving it are 2 very different things. They need proof to do anything about it. Roosters have alot of ways of hiding the dodginess.
True, they need to prove it.
Wonder how much effort the NRL are putting into actually digging up some facts around this rubbish. It is bleedingly obvious that there is something not right.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 5:24 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 04 Jul, 2017 1:59 pm
fergiefurr wrote:
Fair dinkum, if the NRL are that retarded that they can't see recruiting Tedesco on $1 million a season yet not getting rid of ANY of their existing players seems above-board then what an effing disgrace.
If the Roosters aren't cheating the system then I will set fire to my genitals at ANZ on GF day for pre match entertainment. Jeezus Christ the NRL are either corrupt or inconceivably incompetent or both.
Need a poll. Would you prefer this pre-game entertainment, Billy Idol, or meatloaf

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 5:45 pm

Harvey wrote:
Tue 04 Jul, 2017 5:24 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 04 Jul, 2017 1:59 pm
fergiefurr wrote:
Need a poll. Would you prefer this pre-game entertainment, Billy Idol, or meatloaf
Rogue Traders

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 6:34 pm

They were forced to get rid of SKD
And they offloaded Kane Evans

Only 2 i think of and yet they still have cap space to keep re-signing ??

We might end up with Fergo at this rate

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 04 Jul, 2017 8:04 pm

I could be wrong but I don't think the NRL have ever uncovered a salary cap rort it's always been on the back of a leak.

So unless someone drops the roosters, Broncos or any other alleged club in it they will continue to get away with it. If in fact they are rorting the cap.