Fox Sports Scoop

Telltails

Re: Fox Sports Scoop

Post by Telltails » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 2:55 pm

Yesterday Woods was accused of being ready to dump on the club as soon as the opportunity arises. Today he is quoted as having nothing but good things to say about the future of the club and where it is headed.
Hard to know who to believe the mob that know what Woods is really thinking or direct quotes from the man himself. I get that many are filthy at him but it seems that may also be clouding your judgement a little.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 2:56 pm

look it is what it is ok?

Curaeus

Post by Curaeus » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 2:59 pm

I've always wondered why the Dogs were interested in Woodsy at all. Not as though they haven't got a reasonably competitive pack already. Maybe what they really wanted was Teddy and they were prepared to offer Woodsy a deal paying overs just to get Teddy and then got stuck with the big man when Teddy decided to go with the Chooks! If they are experiencing the kind of cap squeeze rumoured, maybe they will let him stay at WT to relieve some of the pressure IF Woodsy wants to stay. So far all Woodsy is saying is that he's still off to the Dogs end of this season.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 3:22 pm

Curaeus wrote:
Thu 06 Jul, 2017 2:59 pm
I've always wondered why the Dogs were interested in Woodsy at all. Not as though they haven't got a reasonably competitive pack already. Maybe what they really wanted was Teddy and they were prepared to offer Woodsy a deal paying overs just to get Teddy and then got stuck with the big man when Teddy decided to go with the Chooks! If they are experiencing the kind of cap squeeze rumoured, maybe they will let him stay at WT to relieve some of the pressure IF Woodsy wants to stay. So far all Woodsy is saying is that he's still off to the Dogs end of this season.
I wouldn't put any money on it mate. After this season, I don't believe we'll ever see Woodsy in Tigers colours again. It's a shame cos, I believe we could have had something really special with him in the pack next year. We're assembling a good squad for next season but, without another couple of forwards, we won't be going anywhere fast.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

MCK fan club members: hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 3:45 pm

Tacky wrote:
Thu 06 Jul, 2017 3:22 pm
Curaeus wrote:
I wouldn't put any money on it mate. After this season, I don't believe we'll ever see Woodsy in Tigers colours again. It's a shame cos, I believe we could have had something really special with him in the pack next year. We're assembling a good squad for next season but, without another couple of forwards, we won't be going anywhere fast.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him stay. Des will probably be gone by years end and the last thing they need is another $1m front rower. Would be a good result for the Dogs and for us.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 3:47 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Thu 06 Jul, 2017 3:45 pm
Tacky wrote:
Curaeus wrote:
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him stay. Des will probably be gone by years end and the last thing they need is another $1m front rower. Would be a good result for the Dogs and for us.
He's not staying.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 3:49 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 06 Jul, 2017 3:47 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Tacky wrote:
Curaeus wrote:
He's not staying.
More than likely not. I hope he does though.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 3:51 pm

Wouldn't it be great if the dogs end up paying some of his contract to stay with us!

No harm in dreaming...

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 3:53 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Thu 06 Jul, 2017 3:49 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 06 Jul, 2017 3:47 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Tacky wrote:

He's not staying.
More than likely not. I hope he does though.
I don't know what he wants to do now, but he did say that he would be more frank (i.e. damning) in his assessment of WT after he has left. He is not someone we want around the club. Will only demonstrate how to look after yourself whilst dragging the club through the mud.
Billy's 300th. Bellamy's 400th. Smith's 500th. Daughter's 21st. Nanna's 90th. Meh.
Wests Tigers 4 eva! Thug Life...

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 4:00 pm

Hate to break it to you...

'Which promising forward, earmarked as a future NSW Origin rep,...'

Seriously, how could that be Woods?
Next guess please.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 5:28 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 05 Jul, 2017 10:15 am
I can thoroughly say frankly who gives a damn? Don't buy into this crap, start worrying about player movements when you hear about real players and real clubs.
You're not playing the game properly

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 6:10 pm

cktiger wrote:
Thu 06 Jul, 2017 4:00 pm

Next guess please.
and as I explained, Josh Massoud this morning said it was a current SOO rep who is currently in great form.....

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 6:39 pm

If Woods truly was having second-thoughts about leaving, just shows him to be a moron, like Tedesco was with the Raiders, except Tedesco was a lot younger last time.

If you don't think you want to go, don't go, but once you go, don't look back. If there is a new coach and you don't give him the chance to impress, to let him share his vision, then pity on you if you ultimately do become impressed and buy into his vision.

Of course it could all be just talk, Woodsie appears to like and respect everyone, doesn't matter who or which club, he has plenty of love - Block, Klem, me missus, Joe Wehbe, Grubbie

wmlmaster

Post by wmlmaster » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 8:38 pm

I guess maybe Asipeli Fine or Taniela Paseka

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Thu 06 Jul, 2017 11:14 pm

Sounds more like bird to me. I don't think the tigers were that disappointed woods left tbh
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

Russta

Post by Russta » Fri 07 Jul, 2017 12:02 am

Poor Aaron. :roll: Bye Bye.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Fri 07 Jul, 2017 6:59 am

Glennb wrote:
Thu 06 Jul, 2017 6:10 pm
cktiger wrote:
Thu 06 Jul, 2017 4:00 pm

Next guess please.
and as I explained, Josh Massoud this morning said it was a current SOO rep who is currently in great form.....
So basically they can't even decided what the rumour is they are trying to spread

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 07 Jul, 2017 9:59 am

Tacky wrote:
Wed 05 Jul, 2017 11:51 am
Spartan117 wrote:
Wed 05 Jul, 2017 11:42 am
Spartan117 wrote:
Wed 05 Jul, 2017 11:41 am
Sabre wrote:
Wed 05 Jul, 2017 10:52 am
I'll back it being Paul Vaughan

This is a good guess.
His comparative value would have skyrocketed.

Worse props are on much more $$$. Dragons got a bargain it seems
He's on 700k at the Dragons.
Worse Props on more coin.