Benji Marshall - Official..

Should we try get Benji back?

Yes - It would be like the second coming of our Messiah!
136
73%
No way - Bringing back Benji is a step backwards. We need new direction, new blood.
50
27%
 
Total votes: 186

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25019
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 172 times
Been liked: 135 times

Re: The Benji 2018 Poll

Unread post by innsaneink » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:11 am

Will be good for memberships I guess.
Might be good for our team & footy... Time will tell


Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2267
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:11 am

I'm coming home Marshall to return to Tigers.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... xuv4d.html

The Old Fox
Member
Member
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun 09 Jul, 2017 5:33 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by The Old Fox » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:22 am

It's a win win, because his not coming back with expectations or a big head..he'd be happy to be the professional 18th man, great attitude and great start ..the kids will love him so too our big sponsors..and if he does run out in first grade he will play with the eye of the Tiger..there's something about a champion that never leaves them and tagging them as an underdog makes them twice as hungry....BTW Benji and Tyson Gamble already have experience playing together.

Chevy
Member
Member
Posts: 423
Joined: Fri 04 Apr, 2014 8:05 pm
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Chevy » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:26 am

Based on his form and our other player options I don't have a problem with his return,he seems to have matured and can play constructively as well as off the top.

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 592
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:35 am

Reynolds to 9 anyone


king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5490
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:35 am

A goal kicker
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by Telltails » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:36 am

Feeling slightly torn about this. A great fan of Benji but had moved on from those days. If it was an off the field role great but as a player..... hope he goes well and then there would be no better way to end his career.
RF will be knocking on the door soon!!

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:41 am

I'm in two minds about this. On one hand I love that he is coming back and with have that nostalgic feeling when he runs out in tigers colours again but I don't see him bringing a lot to the team. He has experience and can bring some leadership, maybe he'll get a lot of game time with Reynolds and Brooks regularly injured

TrueTiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4941
Joined: Thu 14 Aug, 2014 11:22 am
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by TrueTiger » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:42 am

Telltails wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:36 am
Feeling slightly torn about this. A great fan of Benji but had moved on from those days. If it was an off the field role great but as a player..... hope he goes well and then there would be no better way to end his career.
RF will be knocking on the door soon!!
hopefully the knocking will fall on deaf ears and the door is stuck closed...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

sjtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 2:31 pm
Location: newcastle
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by sjtiger » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:56 am

How can anyone not love the fact he will finish at the Tigers.
What a feel good story we will have in 2018 & my goodness we need one after the last 18 months.

kingbrooks
Member
Member
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:15 am
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by kingbrooks » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:57 am

People are talking about where is he going to play. Am I the only one who thinks he could end up being the first person in the halves picked??? Reynolds and Brooks are hardly setting the world on fire.

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:58 am

I'm happy for him and think it's a good signing for the club.

I'm also backing him to win start ahead of Reynolds and Brooks at some point and possible hold it.

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3055
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by Eddie » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:59 am

kingbrooks wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:57 am
People are talking about where is he going to play. Am I the only one who thinks he could end up being the first person in the halves picked??? Reynolds and Brooks are hardly setting the world on fire.
I'm thinking exactly the same thing.

I know who has looked best this season when given opportunities and I know who is the classiest player of the 3.

Also has the advantage of lighting a fire under Reynolds and Brooks

westy81
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 757
Joined: Tue 21 Jun, 2011 1:29 am
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by westy81 » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:01 am

I'm 50/50 on his move back to the Tigers if it's true, I read the article in the canberrra times, they seem to have a quote from pascoe welcoming him back to the club but I won't believe it until the Tigers officially announce it, maybe spending time at the Broncos has helped his game as he said in the article but only time will tell
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 1815
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by Telltails » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:03 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:42 am
Telltails wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:36 am
Feeling slightly torn about this. A great fan of Benji but had moved on from those days. If it was an off the field role great but as a player..... hope he goes well and then there would be no better way to end his career.
RF will be knocking on the door soon!!
hopefully the knocking will fall on deaf ears and the door is stuck closed...
Stranger things have happened TT... we all know what a great combo they were and we are weak in both those positions.. .. wont happen but would be a great story.

kingbrooks
Member
Member
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:15 am
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by kingbrooks » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:05 am

Eddie wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:59 am
kingbrooks wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 8:57 am
People are talking about where is he going to play. Am I the only one who thinks he could end up being the first person in the halves picked??? Reynolds and Brooks are hardly setting the world on fire.
I'm thinking exactly the same thing.

I know who has looked best this season when given opportunities and I know who is the classiest player of the 3.

Also has the advantage of lighting a fire under Reynolds and Brooks
Could end up seeing Reynolds or Brooks in the utliity role playing a bit of dummy half. Would be ridiculous money for either of them to sit on the bench but you have to pick your best side.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5490
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:05 am

He's a different player now then at his peak. He's a different player now then when he left us. He's also a different character. Not that his character was ever bad, but he has a different mindset, different goals. His current game attributes and his current goals are suited to what we need. I agree with a few above that he will be hard to hold out of our halves.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Second Heaven
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 63 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Sun 13 Aug, 2017 9:09 am

Boonboon2 wrote:
Sun 13 Aug, 2017 7:34 am
I am soolo excited. Didnt realise hiw excited id be till this haooened jumping around the lunge room benjis back baby. Wife thinks im crazy kids prob do too haha
You're so excited you can't even speak properly! :lol:

Post Reply

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”