MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED ..

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16230
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 155 times

Re: MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED TODAY

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:35 am

Cartwright is a head case. No thanks.

Moylan is well ahead of Cartwright in what he offers.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.


Toowoomba Tiger
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu 15 Dec, 2016 12:35 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Toowoomba Tiger » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:37 am

The big bonus with Moylan is he has proven himself at 1 or 6, could probably even play 7 if heaps of injuries. Lets remember Reynolds and Brooks have been injury prone this season (and Moylan).

Moylan would really add some versatility and depth to our spine.
I liken the thought of him in our roster as similar to what Cam Munster has provided at the storm playing 1 or 6 as needed.

1. Moylan
6. Tui
7. Brooks
9. Reynolds
14. Liddle

Then depending on form and injuries

1. Moylan/Tui/Naqiama/Nofa
6. Tui/Moylan/Reynolds/Benji
7. Brooks/Reynolds/Benji/Tui and even Moylan
9. Reynolds/Liddle/Matty Mac/Taylor

That is a far cry from the lack of depth we have had in the spine in the last 2 seasons.

I'm really sweating on getting Moylan.
previously known as 'The Tooth'

Toowoomba Tiger
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu 15 Dec, 2016 12:35 pm
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by Toowoomba Tiger » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:38 am

Cartwrights defence is not good enough. No thanks.
previously known as 'The Tooth'

05TIGZ
Member
Member
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 5:57 pm
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by 05TIGZ » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:48 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 5:30 am
05TIGZ wrote:
Thu 07 Sep, 2017 9:10 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Thu 07 Sep, 2017 2:58 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 07 Sep, 2017 10:36 am

Is Cleary solely responsible for that? It has nothing to do with the fact those were the only players we could afford in previous years? Now that we are out of the woods cap wise, we are actually signing quality players. Don't think that is a coincidence.
lol. Sorry, the board and Cleary have turned this club around. Former administration would've bent their backs for the Big 4 and dug us a deeper hole. I'm praising our club for something, I guess my comment was a bit too optimistic for you, was it? If so, extremely sorry. :)
Well said Tigersbusdriver. Cleary has really turned this club around. Some people want to live in fantasy land and think JT would have been able to recruit as good as Cleary but they are dreaming.
Nobody actually said that, its you interpretation only.
Youre actually agreeing with someones speculation..
I told you I'm not interested. Like most of the things you post on here it's meaningless and pointless. Now go away.

05TIGZ
Member
Member
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 5:57 pm
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by 05TIGZ » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:52 am

Snake wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:33 am
supercoach wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:21 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 9:57 am
Moylan can get stuffed if Cartwright were to come on the market. We're in greater need of a player like him then we are Moylan.
Not sure on that, Cartwright is a defensive liability and I think most teams can handle his offloads and attacking flair. Not saying he is a dud but I don't think he is the player we all thought he would be, although we do need a player who can create something and he might tick the box. If I had a choice it would be Moylan, top shelve player that can kick...no brainer to me
Cartwright is not in the same class as Moylan ,Moylan is a game changer the one percentage player that ever team needs .Cartwrite just an above average type that still
Needs to learn to tackle the Tigers already have a few of these already .
Anyone who puts Cartwright in the same league as Moylan has no idea about footy. He has done nothing all year.


User avatar
avocadoontoast
Member
Member
Posts: 892
Joined: Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:53 am
Location: Parts Unknown
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by avocadoontoast » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:58 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 9:57 am
Moylan can get stuffed if Cartwright were to come on the market. We're in greater need of a player like him then we are Moylan.
Cartwright is absolute rubbish.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18801
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 11:04 am

05TIGZ wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:52 am
Snake wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:33 am
supercoach wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:21 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 9:57 am
Moylan can get stuffed if Cartwright were to come on the market. We're in greater need of a player like him then we are Moylan.
Not sure on that, Cartwright is a defensive liability and I think most teams can handle his offloads and attacking flair. Not saying he is a dud but I don't think he is the player we all thought he would be, although we do need a player who can create something and he might tick the box. If I had a choice it would be Moylan, top shelve player that can kick...no brainer to me
Cartwright is not in the same class as Moylan ,Moylan is a game changer the one percentage player that ever team needs .Cartwrite just an above average type that still
Needs to learn to tackle the Tigers already have a few of these already .
Anyone who puts Cartwright in the same league as Moylan has no idea about footy. He has done nothing all year.
Because he's been injured for half of it.

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue 02 May, 2017 1:54 pm
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by FreddyK » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 11:08 am

Cartwright or Moylan? Can't believe people see any equivalence between the two. Sorry but Moylan is in another league, he has class.

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 25140
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 389 times

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 11:15 am

Please Please Please no one start a Cartwright thread.....

Most over rated Fantasy League player in the game...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

User avatar
4jtigers
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed 21 Sep, 2011 11:19 am
Location: Doonside NSW
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by 4jtigers » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 11:29 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 6:03 am
The reality is Cleary has done a great job, but it certainly helps to make the signings he has made with a full cap available. Had the big 4 stayed, he would not have had the freedom to do what he did. He was blessed to walk in when he did. Im sure it influenced his decision to take the job.
Totally agree with this one. The timing of Cleary being made head coach is impeccable and I am impressed with what he has done so far.
A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that worked. A complex system designed from scratch never works and cannot be patched up to make it work. You have to start over with a working simple system. – John Gall

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18801
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 11:38 am

Meh, id still be in favour of Carty over Moylan. We need a back rower.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2297
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 51 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 11:50 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 6:03 am
The reality is Cleary has done a great job, but it certainly helps to make the signings he has made with a full cap available. Had the big 4 stayed, he would not have had the freedom to do what he did. He was blessed to walk in when he did. Im sure it influenced his decision to take the job.
I could be wrong but i am sure when he arrived the so called "big 4" had not signed with anyone so i fail to see how it would have "influenced his decision" in taking the job.If anything having them still at the club is more likely to have "influenced his decision".Fortunately Cleary was smart enough to adjust to an ever changing situation and now we are looking much stronger as a club

User avatar
avocadoontoast
Member
Member
Posts: 892
Joined: Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:53 am
Location: Parts Unknown
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by avocadoontoast » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 11:50 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 11:38 am
Meh, id still be in favour of Carty over Moylan. We need a back rower.
Aloiai, McQueen and Taylor are all far better than Cartwright.

05TIGZ
Member
Member
Posts: 435
Joined: Sun 26 Mar, 2017 5:57 pm
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by 05TIGZ » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 11:50 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 11:04 am
05TIGZ wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:52 am
Snake wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:33 am
supercoach wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:21 am


Not sure on that, Cartwright is a defensive liability and I think most teams can handle his offloads and attacking flair. Not saying he is a dud but I don't think he is the player we all thought he would be, although we do need a player who can create something and he might tick the box. If I had a choice it would be Moylan, top shelve player that can kick...no brainer to me
Cartwright is not in the same class as Moylan ,Moylan is a game changer the one percentage player that ever team needs .Cartwrite just an above average type that still
Needs to learn to tackle the Tigers already have a few of these already .
Anyone who puts Cartwright in the same league as Moylan has no idea about footy. He has done nothing all year.
Because he's been injured for half of it.
And what has he done in the other half, absolutely nothing. Almost as good as your favourite coach.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18801
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 11:52 am

jadtiger wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 11:50 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 6:03 am
The reality is Cleary has done a great job, but it certainly helps to make the signings he has made with a full cap available. Had the big 4 stayed, he would not have had the freedom to do what he did. He was blessed to walk in when he did. Im sure it influenced his decision to take the job.
I could be wrong but i am sure when he arrived the so called "big 4" had not signed with anyone so i fail to see how it would have "influenced his decision" in taking the job.If anything having them still at the club is more likely to have "influenced his decision".Fortunately Cleary was smart enough to adjust to an ever changing situation and now we are looking much stronger as a club
We were going to be in a strong position to be big players on the open market if we couldn't retain the big 4. Of course that would have appealed to him.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18801
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 11:58 am

05TIGZ wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 11:50 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 11:04 am
05TIGZ wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:52 am
Snake wrote:
Fri 08 Sep, 2017 10:33 am


Cartwright is not in the same class as Moylan ,Moylan is a game changer the one percentage player that ever team needs .Cartwrite just an above average type that still
Needs to learn to tackle the Tigers already have a few of these already .
Anyone who puts Cartwright in the same league as Moylan has no idea about footy. He has done nothing all year.
Because he's been injured for half of it.
And what has he done in the other half, absolutely nothing. Almost as good as your favourite coach.
As for putting Cartwright in the same class as Moylan. No one in this thread has. Its not about who is the higher quality player, its about who we'd benefit more with. We have a fullback for next year. A pretty damn good one too. However our backrow looks as weak as ever, despite McQueen and Rochow. Moylan may well be a higher quality player than Carty, but we don't need a fullback half as much as we need a backrower.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2413
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 12:18 pm

The timing of these rumours about Moylan and Cartwright are dreadful. On the eve of the finals and when news of Gus trying to sign up Cleary long term? It just seems a bit odd.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 3269
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Fri 08 Sep, 2017 12:39 pm

I'd take Cartwright in a flash over Moylan - need a creative back rower.

You can teach defence - you can't teach creativity. You have it or you don't.

Cartwright has it.

Don't need a fullback come 5/8 - have both.

Post Reply

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”