Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 89 times

Re: MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED ..

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Sat 04 Nov, 2017 9:38 am

wt00 wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 11:56 am
jirskyr wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 11:24 am
Townsend and Moylan in the halves? Oh dear Cronulla.
Big mistake letting Maloney go imo

Indeedee doo! Penrith definitely got the best out of that deal. As good as Moylan potentially could be, I don't think he has ever really shown all that much on the field to warrant the raves he gets. Maloney, on the other hand, has proven himself - he brings determination, game smarts and a winning culture to a team.

Penrith will be much better for his inclusion and for ridding themselves of a distraction. Next season could well be their year.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 205 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 04 Nov, 2017 10:13 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 04 Nov, 2017 9:38 am
wt00 wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

Indeedee doo! Penrith definitely got the best out of that deal. As good as Moylan potentially could be, I don't think he has ever really shown all that much on the field to warrant the raves he gets. Maloney, on the other hand, has proven himself - he brings determination, game smarts and a winning culture to a team.

Penrith will be much better for his inclusion and for ridding themselves of a distraction. Next season could well be their year.
It's easy to forget the guy is 26. Long past discussing potential. That said, he's probably as good as he'll ever be. He's always been inferior to Tedesco and has never stood up at rep level.

Telltails
Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Sat 04 Nov, 2017 10:26 am

Quality player already. Flannagan is a smart operator.Knows how to get the best from his players and is not bothered by the bad boy image. I for one would be very happy with the squad the Sharks have assembled and they are a club that continues to get stronger.

king sirro
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sat 04 Nov, 2017 10:33 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 04 Nov, 2017 10:13 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
wt00 wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

It's easy to forget the guy is 26. Long past discussing potential. That said, he's probably as good as he'll ever be. He's always been inferior to Tedesco and has never stood up at rep level.
Being the dominant playmaker in the last 40 minutes in his last origin resulting in a NSW win is stranding up at rep level IMO. He took control of game 3 last year on the right edge and came up with the play that created the match winning break. Very impressive. I also believe we win this years series if he plays instead of Pearce. Its a disgrace he didnt resume in the halves with Maloney this year. Moylan is an absolute gun, so strange how many put him down as a player.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 04 Nov, 2017 10:35 am

king sirro wrote:
Sat 04 Nov, 2017 10:33 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
wt00 wrote:

Being the dominant playmaker in the last 40 minutes in his last origin resulting in a NSW win is stranding up at rep level IMO. He took control of game 3 last year on the right edge and came up with the play that created the match winning break. Very impressive. I also believe we win this years series if he plays instead of Pearce. Its a disgrace he didnt resume in the halves with Maloney this year. Moylan is an absolute gun, so strange how many put him down as a player.
I'd much rather Cartwright when his name was briefly mentioned a couple months ago. Has more X factor.

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Sat 04 Nov, 2017 10:35 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
wt00 wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

I didn't realise he was 26! If that's the case, then yeah he's definitely done nothing to warrant the wraps he gets.

king sirro
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Unread post by king sirro » Sat 04 Nov, 2017 10:38 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 04 Nov, 2017 10:35 am
king sirro wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:

I'd much rather Cartwright when his name was briefly mentioned a couple months ago. Has more X factor.
Could not disagree more. Cartwight has so much talent, no doubt, but he is a hack of a player. Ruins so many plays with his ego and cant tackle. Moylan is a proven match winner. He demands the ball in tough situations and gets it right more often the most would.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

cqtiger
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by cqtiger » Sat 04 Nov, 2017 12:58 pm

king sirro wrote:
Sat 04 Nov, 2017 10:38 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 04 Nov, 2017 10:35 am
king sirro wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Could not disagree more. Cartwight has so much talent, no doubt, but he is a hack of a player. Ruins so many plays with his ego and cant tackle. Moylan is a proven match winner. He demands the ball in tough situations and gets it right more often the most would.
Yep 100% agree that Cartwright is a dunce. He reminds me of Curtis Sironen - a five eight in a forwards body. Wants to do all the flashy stuff but not the hard yards.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Fraze23
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by Fraze23 » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 12:09 pm

Moylan officially released by Penrith.

Penrith Panthers can confirm Matt Moylan has been released from the remainder of his contract with the club to pursue another opportunity in the NRL.

The 26-year-old played 89 games and scored 26 tries for the Panthers after making his NRL debut in 2013.

"I'm sure I speak for everyone here at Panthers in wishing Matt all the best for this next phase of his life," Panthers Executive General Manager Phil Gould AM said.

"We will follow his football career with great interest."

Has liked: 444 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by 851 » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 12:39 pm

Fraze23 wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 12:09 pm

Penrith Panthers can confirm Matt Moylan has been released from the remainder of his contract with the club to pursue another opportunity in the NRL.

The 26-year-old played 89 games and scored 26 tries for the Panthers after making his NRL debut in 2013.

"I'm sure I speak for everyone here at Panthers in wishing Matt all the best for this next phase of his life," Panthers Executive General Manager Phil Gould AM said.

4 year 3.6 million deal at Cronulla, announced today
Go hard or go home

avocadoontoast
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by avocadoontoast » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 12:51 pm

851 wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 12:39 pm
Fraze23 wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 12:09 pm

4 year 3.6 million deal at Cronulla, announced today
That's a shame. Would have loved him in the team.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 397 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 1:22 pm

Damn..we thought we had him..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Tacky
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Tacky » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 1:41 pm

So glad he's not coming here.
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

momo&medo
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times

Unread post by momo&medo » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 2:55 pm

Don’t blame me for this .... but for some strange reason ... my other personality would actually prefer Hayne before Moylan.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 158 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 4:02 pm

$900K a year at Cronulla, but they couldn't afford to upgrade Jimmy Maloney who was on 600 odd thousand?

Got the same brand of calculator the Chooks have.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

TigerKapa
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by TigerKapa » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 4:19 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 4:02 pm
$900K a year at Cronulla, but they couldn't afford to upgrade Jimmy Maloney who was on 600 odd thousand?

Got the same brand of calculator the Chooks have.
It wasn't that they couldn't afford it. It was more that Maloney had signed for 500k and Cronulla didn't see why they had to upgrade him. Rightly so, if you sign a contract for a certain amount, that's what you get. The club wouldn't ask Maloney to take a pay cut if he wasn't playing well.

tigerap
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 71 times

Unread post by tigerap » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 4:40 pm

I'm so glad we didn't end up with Moylan....We don't need to spend $900k on a player to fill the 5/8 or FB positions given the recruitment of Tui and Reynolds...Spend some of the money saved on Crichton....or maybe Aloai could become our version of Crichton in 2018.

GNR4LIFE

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 4:46 pm

Great news.

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”