MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED ..

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED ..

Post by Geo. » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 9:41 pm

The Clubs were spending 2M over the Cap..that is interesting...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 9:44 pm

The fire sale turned out to be a flickering pile of embers. I'd be keen to save some money for a play at Morgan next year. Now there's a player

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 9:51 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 1:22 pm
Damn..we thought we had him..
Add another to the list of players we just missed out on signing.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 10:00 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 9:41 pm
The Clubs were spending 2M over the Cap..that is interesting...
I’d assume it’s more now. Actually peanuts say of your top 10 or so players for clubs with means. For the record Greenberg didn’t state the 2m figure it was from a player manager attending.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 10:59 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 8:38 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 8:20 pm
Considering Moses is on 800k, I'd say 1 mil for Cronk is peanuts.
Considering Reynolds is on $750k, i'd say $900k for Moylan is peanuts.
I know which from those two I’d want beside me

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 11:13 pm

tigerap wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 10:59 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 8:38 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 8:20 pm
Considering Moses is on 800k, I'd say 1 mil for Cronk is peanuts.
Considering Reynolds is on $750k, i'd say $900k for Moylan is peanuts.
I know which from those two I’d want beside me
Yep , both are in the bottom 5 halves in the NRL

Cooper Cronk or Jonathan Thurston please

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by innsaneink » Fri 10 Nov, 2017 5:45 am

Nelson wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 8:23 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 8:02 pm
Wow. $1M for Cronk I can understand, but $900K for Moylan is crazy IMO. He was just released by his old club after all.
Yeah for that price (if it be right) I am glad he didn't end up with us. Michael Morgan comes off contract at the end of 2018, getting him at $1.1 million a season would be much better value than Moylan at $900K.
If $1.1m was the going rate we'd have to cough up 1.3 or 4

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 10 Nov, 2017 8:01 am

TigerTiger wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:38 am
Maloney is good, but he doesn't stay at any one club that long. He goes looking for the dollars, he won't hang around too long. Two years max. If true him to Panthers, it will be good for this year, but not for their building of their squad long term.

Maybe I'm just disappointed though, I was hoping we'd snag Moylan.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thinkevery side that he's gone to have made a GF. And won at least two
I'd swap any of our signings for him, plus he's a good goal kicker as well. By far the best partner that Cleary has had with him, ,
Could make a nice partnership for SOO too.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Fri 10 Nov, 2017 12:33 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Fri 10 Nov, 2017 8:01 am
TigerTiger wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:38 am
Maloney is good, but he doesn't stay at any one club that long. He goes looking for the dollars, he won't hang around too long. Two years max. If true him to Panthers, it will be good for this year, but not for their building of their squad long term.

Maybe I'm just disappointed though, I was hoping we'd snag Moylan.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thinkevery side that he's gone to have made a GF. And won at least two
I'd swap any of our signings for him, plus he's a good goal kicker as well. By far the best partner that Cleary has had with him, ,
Could make a nice partnership for SOO too.
Maloney would have been great. In fairness Cronulla paying 500k, Seriously that is under valued.
I can see how Brooks has made us half pregnant in the halves.
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 9:44 pm
The fire sale turned out to be a flickering pile of embers. I'd be keen to save some money for a play at Morgan next year. Now there's a player
Buy him when he is cold, not when he is hot. At the moment he has had his best season ever! He will have his best price tag EVER.

If next season is a Fizza and our trainers can fix what's wrong, offer him 800K.

Everyone is putting millions into their halfbacks. I think this is a mistake. At some point a half will be left a little cold and we can pick them up cheaply with a team built in all the right spots.
Otherwise we pay overs for a half but leave our team weak we build around them.

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Fri 10 Nov, 2017 5:40 pm

The Sharks still have salary cap space, which means their recruitment drive for 2018 is not over.

Mitchell Pearce is currently on holidays with his future uncertain and plenty of clubs circling, despite the fact he’s not off contract at the Roosters.

Flanagan would welcome the NSW incumbent halfback with open arms to the shire.

“I’m not quite sure if Mitchell is even leaving the Roosters, if he decides to leave the Roosters, we’ll think about it and see if we can fit him in,” Flanagan says.

“He’s got some great mates at the club; he’s played with Gal, he’s played with Wade, they’re more concerned about how he is as a person rather than where he’ll pop up next year.

“Some days you hear that he’s going to move, some days you hear that he’s going to stay, so we’ll just sit back, I presume that will get done in the next week or two.
We need to change accountants. Whoever the Sharks and Roosters have sign us up. Might be time to ditch HR Block.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 11 Nov, 2017 9:24 am

Fraze23 wrote:
Fri 10 Nov, 2017 5:40 pm
The Sharks still have salary cap space, which means their recruitment drive for 2018 is not over.

Mitchell Pearce is currently on holidays with his future uncertain and plenty of clubs circling, despite the fact he’s not off contract at the Roosters.

Flanagan would welcome the NSW incumbent halfback with open arms to the shire.

“I’m not quite sure if Mitchell is even leaving the Roosters, if he decides to leave the Roosters, we’ll think about it and see if we can fit him in,” Flanagan says.

“He’s got some great mates at the club; he’s played with Gal, he’s played with Wade, they’re more concerned about how he is as a person rather than where he’ll pop up next year.

“Some days you hear that he’s going to move, some days you hear that he’s going to stay, so we’ll just sit back, I presume that will get done in the next week or two.
We need to change accountants. Whoever the Sharks and Roosters have sign us up. Might be time to ditch HR Block.
Yeah I don't get how they couldn't upgrade Maloney but found some cash to stretch to $900K for Moylan.

Of the Sharks losses, the only notable FG names are Bird, Beale, Heighno and Latimore. They replaced Bird w Dugan, Beale with Gray and Latimore with Ava. Heighno is worth how much they upgraded Moylan, so I call that roughly evens in/out.

They upgraded Wade Graham and Capewell, extended Gallen, Fifita, Lewis, Holmes, Prior, Townsend.

So where in hell they find another $800K for Pearce I could not explain. Sure the cap is going up, but so are salaries and the cap rises for everyone.

The only possibility is low first year then upgrade when Gallen and Lewis retire next year. But I thought NRL cracked down on back-ended deals?

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sat 11 Nov, 2017 10:11 am

Great squad the Sharks have assembled and I am on the side of smart move to get Moylan. Should they also get Pearce -and surely if they have got the room he will be interested then - whatever and however they have done it - to turn that club around and survive the drug scandal well I hope we are taking notes.

wt00

Post by wt00 » Sat 11 Nov, 2017 10:26 am

Telltails wrote:
Sat 11 Nov, 2017 10:11 am
Great squad the Sharks have assembled and I am on the side of smart move to get Moylan. Should they also get Pearce -and surely if they have got the room he will be interested then - whatever and however they have done it - to turn that club around and survive the drug scandal well I hope we are taking notes.
Lyall Gorman is a top operator, big reason imo why the sharks have turned it around. Did a great job with Western Sydney Wanderers, will do a good job with his new post at Manly.
The star of the team is the team.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sat 11 Nov, 2017 1:29 pm

Sharks turned it around as they had a solid squad during and after the drug scandal. Signed some solid veterans Ennis, Barba, Lewis, Maloney and some youngsters came through Holmes, Bird, Feki. It only happened when they were cashed up through their redevelopment and has more to do with Flanagan than Gorman.

We can do the same but our squad was much weaker than the Sharks when they hit rock bottom. They had Gallen, Graham, Fifita etc on the books.

hugh1954

Post by hugh1954 » Sat 11 Nov, 2017 5:20 pm

Glad we did not look at moylan but has anyone caught an eye during the World Cup hope cleary is watching

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Sat 11 Nov, 2017 8:55 pm

hugh1954 wrote:
Sat 11 Nov, 2017 5:20 pm
Glad we did not look at moylan
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... yc3l9.html