Re: MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED TODAY

Unread post by bathursttiger » Mon 04 Sep, 2017 8:10 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 6:09 pm
upthetigers wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 3:44 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 2:46 pm
Moylan is staying with the Panthers....Gus had talks with Matt and his manager and have agreed to give Matt time away from the game but will still be at the Panthers after he deals with personal issues...
I find it hard to believe he would be granted leave for the finals series if he was staying.

you might find it hard to believe,however ,he has injury problems and personal issues to sort out...it doesn't matter what money he is on he has to be given every opportunity to sort his life out...isn't that what the WTs do...beyond blue for instance..his own well being is paramount...speculate all you like..well done Panthers..to take a persons well being ahead of finals glory is a huge plus for the club...
Well said TT.

vlad
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by vlad » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 5:39 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 7:19 pm
Tui is the real deal.
Interesting in the Q & A , Ivan didn't guarantee that Tui would play fullback or kick goals next year .

If Moylan has issues with Griffin & it comes down to a choice of being coached by Cleary or Flanagan he might go with the coach he already knows he can work with .

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 114 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 5:49 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 8:10 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
upthetigers wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 2:46 pm
Moylan is staying with the Panthers....Gus had talks with Matt and his manager and have agreed to give Matt time away from the game but will still be at the Panthers after he deals with personal issues...
I find it hard to believe he would be granted leave for the finals series if he was staying.

you might find it hard to believe,however ,he has injury problems and personal issues to sort out...it doesn't matter what money he is on he has to be given every opportunity to sort his life out...isn't that what the WTs do...beyond blue for instance..his own well being is paramount...speculate all you like..well done Panthers..to take a persons well being ahead of finals glory is a huge plus for the club...
Well said TT.
I dunno about you blokes.... But when I read something from a club which sounds like it's something they want you to believe but it's in reality quite hard to believe, then I find it hard to believe

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 5:58 am

wt00 wrote:
Mon 04 Sep, 2017 2:44 pm
Fwiw - the mole said that Sharks, Titans and Knights for Moylan. Reckons we have no room on the bus. Via his Twitter.
Can't we break the Reynolds contract and fit Moylan???? :lol:

willow
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by willow » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 6:41 am

We're more than likely not going to get Moylan guys.

vlad
Has liked: 5 times

Unread post by vlad » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 8:01 am

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 05 Sep, 2017 5:49 am
bathursttiger wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
upthetigers wrote:

Well said TT.
I dunno about you blokes.... But when I read something from a club which sounds like it's something they want you to believe but it's in reality quite hard to believe, then I find it hard to believe
Gus was very ambiguous with what he said .

Even the part about Moylan wanting to play out his career at Penrith .... and probably leaving out ... as long as Griffin isn't coach .

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 77 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 8:15 am

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 05 Sep, 2017 5:49 am
bathursttiger wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
upthetigers wrote:

Well said TT.
I take your point, I suppose clubs can't take chances anymore though. We had a young bloke do himself in after tearing a pectoral, then there was a spate of suicides of NYC players after that. Clubs have to be proactive now.
Cause there's no time for fussing or fighting my friend, but baby I'm amazed at the hate that you can send;
And you... Painted my entire world, and I don't have the turpentine to clean what you have soiled, and I won't forget it.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Telltails
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by Telltails » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 9:11 am

Reportedly ...feels like he is underpaid, struggling with the coach and the Sharks dangling some bait, looks like Gus has his work cut out to solve this one.

hsvjones
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by hsvjones » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 9:28 am

Most clubs struggles to hold players after winning a GF but not the sharks.. If they get him they must be cheating the cap.. I know they lost bird but they got Dugan and resigned quite a few players.. I keep saying this but the NRL should be the ones paying ALL the players and not the clubs..

supercoach
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 53 times

Unread post by supercoach » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 9:38 am

Telltails wrote:
Tue 05 Sep, 2017 9:11 am
Reportedly ...feels like he is underpaid, struggling with the coach and the Sharks dangling some bait, looks like Gus has his work cut out to solve this one.
Wade Grahame and Luke Lewis Penrith old boys might get into Moylan ear and convince him to make a sea change. Funny how the Sharks always have space for a quality signing. We poke the finger at the Chooks but I think the Sharks are not far behind them

barra
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by barra » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 10:02 am

Well I hope we don't get him - yes he's a quality player but seems the type we have been trying to rid ourselves of?

But something seems to be brewing to me... based on reactions from both Cleary and Pascoe when asked about it.

swag tiger
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by swag tiger » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 10:07 am

barra wrote:
Tue 05 Sep, 2017 10:02 am
Well I hope we don't get him - yes he's a quality player but seems the type we have been trying to rid ourselves of?

But something seems to be brewing to me... based on reactions from both Cleary and Pascoe when asked about it.
Had that kind of smile when they were asked.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Tigerdon
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 10:56 am

form the DT
MATT Moylan has been linked to a blockbuster swap with Cronulla’s James Maloney after reportedly falling out with Penrith coach Anthony Griffin ahead of the NRL finals.

The Panthers’ premiership push was rocked days before their opening knockout final by news their embattled skipper would likely miss the entire finals campaign after seeking professional help.

KENT: The bake that saw Griffin lose Moylan

BULLDOG: Why Moylan was right to walk away from finals

HARD-LINE: Moylan not the only Panther grumpy under Griffin

Penrith boss Phil Gould was adamant on Monday the star pivot would remain at the club long term despite granting Moylan indefinite leave to deal with personal issues ahead of Saturday night’s elimination final against Manly. But Moylan has already been linked to a Sharks move in what would be a direct swap with Cronulla’s NSW playmaker Maloney.

Matt Moylan’s future at the Panthers is uncertain.
Gould stressed on Monday that Moylan’s working relationship with Griffin had not broken down but ex-Test flyer Anthony Minichiello expected the Penrith captain to walk.

“What I am hearing is that he and the coach don’t see eye-to-eye which is not a good sign,” Minichiello told Fox Sports’ NRL Tonight.

“You’d think they would be able to work through that during the season but what I am hearing is that isn’t happening.

“What does that mean? I think Matt Moylan will head to another club next year.”

There were reports Moylan had fallen out with Griffin as far back as last season.

Minichiello said NRL rivals would be rubbing their hands over the prospect of signing Moylan.

“He’s a great fullback and probably played even better at five-eighth,” he said. “I think clubs will be lining up to take him.”

Former Test backrower Nathan Hindmarsh believed Moylan’s absence would derail Penrith’s finals push.

“It’s a massive blow,” he told Fox Sports’ Monday Night with Matty Johns. “It’s not going to help their chances too much because he is such an important part of that side.

“If they are to go deep into the finals they need Matty Moylan in the side.”
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

tiger05premier
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 6 times

Unread post by tiger05premier » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 11:09 am

Gus probably trying to keep the heat of his players ao they can concentrate on the finals.

Probably come to a head when the panthers season is done

TigerTiger
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by TigerTiger » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 11:40 am

Wonder just how crafty Gus is.

If Panthers should beat Manly and happen to play against Sharks in Week 2 or 3, would he then add credence to the potential swap with Sharks to try and put them off their game in the finals?

Bennett and Bellamy sure would, is Gus up to their level?

Tacky
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by Tacky » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 1:03 pm

This might give a little context as to why he wants to leave.

It began last year, not with any one particular incident but with several that rolled into each other.

Griffin replaced Peter Wallace as captain with Moylan.

The usual rhetoric for why went out, that Moylan was the future of the club and all that. It caused ripples within. Wallace is highly admired by his teammates and they felt for him.

They partially suspected that Wallace was sacked by Griffin — who also sacked him from Brisbane — because he would struggle to stay in the side at halfback.

Wallace has since provided a happy conclusion, reinventing himself as a dummy-half.

Then Griffin lost Moylan. In round 14 last year, Penrith trailed Manly 24-4 at halftime and Griffin challenged his captain in the sheds.

It was some bake, they say, and Moylan was said to be highly embarrassed by it before Penrith came back to win 31-24.

Moylan visibly changed around the place after that.

He became tardy at training. He would return late from promotions, dip out of tough sessions for toilet breaks.

Recently when in rehab for his torn hamstring, Moylan shouted himself to a night out and broke the golden rule — that you don’t mix alcohol with soft tissue injuries.

Moylan, the captain, was becoming a problem for the club.

Gould knew enough to be concerned and also knew this for certain: the Panthers do not see themselves as a version of the Gold Coast Titans and will not side with a player ahead of the coach.

The fracture between the coach and his team, slight but true, seemed to concern Gould enough to cause him to pick up the tools last week.

Gould took over training at the Panthers. He called in Penrith’s spine — Dean Whare, Tyrone May, Nathan Cleary and Peter Wallace — and issued new instructions.

“This is how we are going to play,” he said.

The players immediately liked the new game plan.

The problem was, they were the only players in the meeting and there was just one more ballwork session before they took on Manly last Saturday.

In the same week, Moylan headed in to a meeting with Gould and Griffin.

Moylan thought the meeting ended amicably, with enough give for each side to move on. The following day, Moylan read about it in the press. What sort of joint is this, he wondered.

Penrith chief executive Brian Fletcher also said Moylan was a “50-50 chance” to stay at the club.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/opinio ... 7a3a928268
WTF's self proclaimed #1 anarchist. President of the Michael Chee-Kam fan club

ricksen
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 1:17 pm

There is clearly a lot of 2+2=5 in that article - Kent isn't nearly as much of an insider as he thinks.

I don't have an issue if Cleary goes for him, given that he'd presumably know him as well as anyone. Might just be a bad situation for him over there, and him being in need of a change of scenery.
Then again, he may be a real problem child.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 126 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 05 Sep, 2017 1:32 pm

If he goes, it is pretty obvious he will wind up at the Sharks.

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”