MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED ..

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed 17 May, 2017 4:33 pm
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED ..

Unread post by Balmainbred » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 6:57 am

4 pages ago I stated if merrin walks at Penrith we should pounce if we can get out of McQueen contract all the better someone needs to be acccountable for his singing knowing the injury he had


User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24672
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 254 times

Unread post by Geo. » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 7:04 am

Balmainbred wrote:
Sun 08 Oct, 2017 6:57 am
4 pages ago I stated if merrin walks at Penrith we should pounce if we can get out of McQueen contract all the better someone needs to be acccountable for his singing knowing the injury he had
Well unless the person responsible was psychic it may be difficult as McQueen suffered his neck injury AFTER he was signed by Wests Tigers..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2234
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 8:51 am

Balmainbred wrote:
Sun 08 Oct, 2017 6:57 am
4 pages ago I stated if merrin walks at Penrith we should pounce if we can get out of McQueen contract all the better someone needs to be acccountable for his singing knowing the injury he had
That is not true it is nothing like the Ballin signing.Dont get me wrong i dont think much of the McQueen signing and i have issues over his age on a long term contract but he wasnt carrying an injury at time of signature.

Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed 17 May, 2017 4:33 pm
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Balmainbred » Sun 08 Oct, 2017 9:58 am

Ok I got it wrong on his injury

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 1586
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm
Has liked: 283 times
Been liked: 61 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 4:43 pm

Fox sports reported that the Moylan saga is not yet finished.


User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 95 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 5:08 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 4:43 pm
Fox sports reported that the Moylan saga is not yet finished.
Several people have said this, which I find annoying - anyone care to comment how or why it's not yet finished?

Tigers17
Member
Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat 04 Feb, 2017 4:42 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by Tigers17 » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 6:01 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 5:08 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 4:43 pm
Fox sports reported that the Moylan saga is not yet finished.
Several people have said this, which I find annoying - anyone care to comment how or why it's not yet finished?
Griffin doesn't like Moylan and Moylan don't like Griffin.
Griffin is more than happy to run with Dylan Edwards but...... there is no cap space left to upgrade Edwards let alone upgrades for Peachey, Blake and others.
This is why the notion of a swap with 32 year old James Maloney on similar money to Moylan was absurd let alone the other nonsense that Moylan wanted to go to Manly to be close to the beach.
Griffin has a contract extension so the problem almost certainly won't go away that you can bet on.
And if you don't think that Ivan will chase Moylan if he becomes available, you don't know what you are talking about.

User avatar
TigerSkins
Member
Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun 10 Nov, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Canberra
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by TigerSkins » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 7:19 pm

colmcd wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 9:05 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:41 pm
sjtiger wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:35 pm
I'd love to take Trent Merrin off Panthers hands.
Geez he would be an astute pick up
Much more needed than Moylan.
YES, I think I said something to this effect earlier.

Merrin is travelling to Penrith, surely our training ground is closer.
Our Fullback is learning and developing. Somehow we have halves! We have our centers picked, maybe need a winger but we also have Naiqama to add depth around that area.

We may have lost Chris McQueen to injury (be a bummer if he still counts on the cap) but I could see Merrin sliding into spot 29. The question is how much?
Have we lost McQueen .. ?? I haven't seen anything anywhere to say he's goneski .. ?? He had this injured neck last season that is why he had the last half a dozen of so matches off. So if he have lost him surely his not on our books as the injury was prior to signing .. !!

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24672
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 254 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 7:26 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 7:19 pm
colmcd wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 9:05 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:41 pm
sjtiger wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:35 pm
I'd love to take Trent Merrin off Panthers hands.
Geez he would be an astute pick up
Much more needed than Moylan.
YES, I think I said something to this effect earlier.

Merrin is travelling to Penrith, surely our training ground is closer.
Our Fullback is learning and developing. Somehow we have halves! We have our centers picked, maybe need a winger but we also have Naiqama to add depth around that area.

We may have lost Chris McQueen to injury (be a bummer if he still counts on the cap) but I could see Merrin sliding into spot 29. The question is how much?
Have we lost McQueen .. ?? I haven't seen anything anywhere to say he's goneski .. ?? He had this injured neck last season that is why he had the last half a dozen of so matches off. So if he have lost him surely his not on our books as the injury was prior to signing .. !!
McQueen suffered his neck injury AFTER he had signed with Wests Tigers...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
TigerSkins
Member
Member
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun 10 Nov, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Canberra
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by TigerSkins » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 7:58 pm

i remember reading that he played most of the season with a sore neck, the same sore neck that saw him not finish most games, the same sore neck that needed to be looked at by a specialist, the same sore neck that needed to be operated on. So if he's busted up why should we need to look after him and pay good $$ and get nothing in return .. !!

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24672
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 254 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 8:07 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 7:58 pm
i remember reading that he played most of the season with a sore neck, the same sore neck that saw him not finish most games, the same sore neck that needed to be looked at by a specialist, the same sore neck that needed to be operated on. So if he's busted up why should we need to look after him and pay good $$ and get nothing in return .. !!
If we signed him knowing he had a Pre-existing Injury then Wests Tigers would be liable for the term of the contract signed...is why..

If the injury was not pre-existing and it stopped McQueen from playing Wests Tigers can apply for a medical retirement and have the money paid by insurance and not inclueded in the Cap..

All reports is the operation was successful and he should be right to go..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2117
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 9:43 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 7:26 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 7:19 pm
colmcd wrote:
Sat 07 Oct, 2017 9:05 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 06 Oct, 2017 6:41 pm

Much more needed than Moylan.
YES, I think I said something to this effect earlier.

Merrin is travelling to Penrith, surely our training ground is closer.
Our Fullback is learning and developing. Somehow we have halves! We have our centers picked, maybe need a winger but we also have Naiqama to add depth around that area.

We may have lost Chris McQueen to injury (be a bummer if he still counts on the cap) but I could see Merrin sliding into spot 29. The question is how much?
Have we lost McQueen .. ?? I haven't seen anything anywhere to say he's goneski .. ?? He had this injured neck last season that is why he had the last half a dozen of so matches off. So if he have lost him surely his not on our books as the injury was prior to signing .. !!
McQueen suffered his neck injury AFTER he had signed with Wests Tigers...
So what are the implications for WT if he doesn't play again - do we have to apply for a salary cap exemption or is it just a given considering the injury occurred while still contracted to the Titans

User avatar
diedpretty
Member
Member
Posts: 2117
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:31 am
Location: port macquarie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 9:44 pm

oops sorry Geo just read you answered this

User avatar
Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2062
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by Masterton » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 11:04 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 7:58 pm
i remember reading that he played most of the season with a sore neck, the same sore neck that saw him not finish most games, the same sore neck that needed to be looked at by a specialist, the same sore neck that needed to be operated on. So if he's busted up why should we need to look after him and pay good $$ and get nothing in return .. !!
He was playing 80 minutes for most of the games he played well after he signed with us.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

User avatar
Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24672
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW.
Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 254 times

Unread post by Geo. » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 8:57 am

Masterton wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 11:04 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 7:58 pm
i remember reading that he played most of the season with a sore neck, the same sore neck that saw him not finish most games, the same sore neck that needed to be looked at by a specialist, the same sore neck that needed to be operated on. So if he's busted up why should we need to look after him and pay good $$ and get nothing in return .. !!
He was playing 80 minutes for most of the games he played well after he signed with us.
McQueen officially signed on April 12 2017...played every game until Round 15 June 16th...he also hand rib and calf injury he carried into some games...The Neck injury occurred in that Round 15 game...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5313
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 41 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:08 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 8:45 am
Russell wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 8:32 am
Prefer Reynolds myself - don't think we have seen the best of this bloke yet. I am sure Cleary will bring out talent that nobody thought he had.

IMHO, we don't need Moylan - we just got rid of a 5/8 with the same traits.

As Ink says "Do we really want another 'special', dummy spitting prima donna?"

And as Abe says "has the mindset of a petulant teenage girl"

Another mercenary it would seem - at least Reynolds bought into our plans.

I also think (not that he wants to play there) Lolo is a better full back. Laugh all you like. He is!
Come on mate, Lolo is a good player but he's not in the same universe as Moylan. And Reynolds form in 2017 was borderline reserve grade. The best combo would be Lolo at 1 and Moylan at 6, but it ain't gonna happen.

You hit the nail right on the head, LoLo is ok, but I'm not sure why he's being stuck on a pedestal here, and Reynolds best games are well in the rear vision mirror.
I think that LoLo himself would be laughing at the thought of him being better than Moylan.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18489
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 152 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:20 am

Not sure why such a big deal is being made about McQueen's injury. James Graham had a similar injury earlier this year and came back just fine. There has been no hint that McQueen won't be ready to go come round 1.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18489
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 152 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:26 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:08 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 8:45 am
Russell wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 8:32 am
Prefer Reynolds myself - don't think we have seen the best of this bloke yet. I am sure Cleary will bring out talent that nobody thought he had.

IMHO, we don't need Moylan - we just got rid of a 5/8 with the same traits.

As Ink says "Do we really want another 'special', dummy spitting prima donna?"

And as Abe says "has the mindset of a petulant teenage girl"

Another mercenary it would seem - at least Reynolds bought into our plans.

I also think (not that he wants to play there) Lolo is a better full back. Laugh all you like. He is!
Come on mate, Lolo is a good player but he's not in the same universe as Moylan. And Reynolds form in 2017 was borderline reserve grade. The best combo would be Lolo at 1 and Moylan at 6, but it ain't gonna happen.

You hit the nail right on the head, LoLo is ok, but I'm not sure why he's being stuck on a pedestal here, and Reynolds best games are well in the rear vision mirror.
I think that LoLo himself would be laughing at the thought of him being better than Moylan.
I've been following Tui since he debuted. Even called for us to sign him before we were even linked to him. The kid can play. Is Moylan better? Probably, but he's also a giant douchebag that i think we could do without.

As for Reynolds, he deserves a chance to show what he can do now that he's away from Hasler, in a new environment before being labeled a has been. He's only 28. Still has plenty of football left in him.

Post Reply

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”