MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED ..

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Re: MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED ..

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:43 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:20 am
Not sure why such a big deal is being made about McQueen's injury. James Graham had a similar injury earlier this year and came back just fine. There has been no hint that McQueen won't be ready to go come round 1.
There was quite a lot of concern coming out of the Titans after he copped the injury. Also much more concern , when it was found to be worse than first thought .
The big deal, is that there is more than a little skeptism about him playing at all.
At best he could be a week to week proposition.
For his sake, I hope he gets through it, but I don't think that he will be a big plus for us.

Remember last year, Idris was supposed to be fit and rearing to go.
That's what we will probably hear through the off season about McQueenthis off season, but I'l believe it when he gets on the field and stays there

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:54 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:43 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:20 am
Not sure why such a big deal is being made about McQueen's injury. James Graham had a similar injury earlier this year and came back just fine. There has been no hint that McQueen won't be ready to go come round 1.
There was quite a lot of concern coming out of the Titans after he copped the injury. Also much more concern , when it was found to be worse than first thought .
The big deal, is that there is more than a little skeptism about him playing at all.
At best he could be a week to week proposition.
For his sake, I hope he gets through it, but I don't think that he will be a big plus for us.

Remember last year, Idris was supposed to be fit and rearing to go.
That's what we will probably hear through the off season about McQueenthis off season, but I'l believe it when he gets on the field and stays there
Different situation with Idris. He'd been out of the game for a year and needed to get his fitness levels back up. There has been no indication that McQueen won't make anything less than a full recovery.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:59 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:26 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:08 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 8:45 am
Russell wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 8:32 am
Prefer Reynolds myself - don't think we have seen the best of this bloke yet. I am sure Cleary will bring out talent that nobody thought he had.

IMHO, we don't need Moylan - we just got rid of a 5/8 with the same traits.

As Ink says "Do we really want another 'special', dummy spitting prima donna?"

And as Abe says "has the mindset of a petulant teenage girl"

Another mercenary it would seem - at least Reynolds bought into our plans.

I also think (not that he wants to play there) Lolo is a better full back. Laugh all you like. He is!
Come on mate, Lolo is a good player but he's not in the same universe as Moylan. And Reynolds form in 2017 was borderline reserve grade. The best combo would be Lolo at 1 and Moylan at 6, but it ain't gonna happen.

You hit the nail right on the head, LoLo is ok, but I'm not sure why he's being stuck on a pedestal here, and Reynolds best games are well in the rear vision mirror.
I think that LoLo himself would be laughing at the thought of him being better than Moylan.
I've been following Tui since he debuted. Even called for us to sign him before we were even linked to him. The kid can play. Is Moylan better? Probably, but he's also a giant douchebag that i think we could do without.

As for Reynolds, he deserves a chance to show what he can do now that he's away from Hasler, in a new environment before being labeled a has been. He's only 28. Still has plenty of football left in him.
I never said he was a has been, just that he hasn't been too spectacular for a fair while.
And that's quite apart from the plainly stupid things that he does when his brains not in gear.

gallagher
Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by gallagher » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 2:02 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:26 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:08 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 8:45 am
Russell wrote:
Wed 04 Oct, 2017 8:32 am
Prefer Reynolds myself - don't think we have seen the best of this bloke yet. I am sure Cleary will bring out talent that nobody thought he had.

IMHO, we don't need Moylan - we just got rid of a 5/8 with the same traits.

As Ink says "Do we really want another 'special', dummy spitting prima donna?"

And as Abe says "has the mindset of a petulant teenage girl"

Another mercenary it would seem - at least Reynolds bought into our plans.

I also think (not that he wants to play there) Lolo is a better full back. Laugh all you like. He is!
Come on mate, Lolo is a good player but he's not in the same universe as Moylan. And Reynolds form in 2017 was borderline reserve grade. The best combo would be Lolo at 1 and Moylan at 6, but it ain't gonna happen.

You hit the nail right on the head, LoLo is ok, but I'm not sure why he's being stuck on a pedestal here, and Reynolds best games are well in the rear vision mirror.
I think that LoLo himself would be laughing at the thought of him being better than Moylan.
I've been following Tui since he debuted. Even called for us to sign him before we were even linked to him. The kid can play. Is Moylan better? Probably, but he's also a giant douchebag that i think we could do without.

As for Reynolds, he deserves a chance to show what he can do now that he's away from Hasler, in a new environment before being labeled a has been. He's only 28. Still has plenty of football left in him.
Indeed. Ennis was done and dusted at the dogs aswell. Played some great footy when he left.

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 203 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 2:37 pm

Look at Michael Lichaa the last couple of weeks when he was told he didn't have a contract. He came out of his shell and was the catalyst of their 3 game winning streak. Des had them on leashes. I think Reynolds will have a new lease of life next year. I still wouldn't rule out him being appointed captain either.

supercoach
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 91 times

Unread post by supercoach » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 2:44 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 2:37 pm
Look at Michael Lichaa the last couple of weeks when he was told he didn't have a contract. He came out of his shell and was the catalyst of their 3 game winning streak. Des had them on leashes. I think Reynolds will have a new lease of life next year. I still wouldn't rule out him being appointed captain either.
Nothing better than a new signing with a real point to prove after being dumped by his previous club. Reynolds was always a player not lacking in motivation but now he will have more.

He has been written off by plenty on this web site but IMO he will be a real goer

wt00
Has liked: 233 times
Been liked: 73 times

Unread post by wt00 » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 2:46 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Halves were non existent with Des' style of play. I think Josh will be reborn in some ways as you've said.
The star of the team is the team.

colmcd
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by colmcd » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 3:45 pm

wt00 wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 2:46 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Halves were non existent with Des' style of play. I think Josh will be reborn in some ways as you've said.
I think Josh will be reborn, but look at what happened with Des.
He had Three great halves in Manly. Matt Oldfield, punted when he started showing his age. Then Trent Hodkinson took the reigns, he did a very good job but Des saw DCE. So he puts DCE in and what do you know they goto another final. But that is a stack of talent and it worked well under Des.

Then at the Dogs Des does a few things. With Trent and Josh in the halves the team had a good spine. Particularly with Ennis and others boosting their pack. Des does the same things at the Dogs that he did at Manly, sack the halves and boost the other backs while keeping a strong forward pack.... It did not work. In an age where other teams are treating their halves like gods Des was throwing them to the wind and it backfired.

I still rate Des as an incredible coach, but like Ricky, Bellamy and Bennett he clearly has his flaws. Reynolds will at worst get the job done, at best go blindingly good.

05TIGZ
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by 05TIGZ » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:44 pm

supercoach wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 2:44 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Nothing better than a new signing with a real point to prove after being dumped by his previous club. Reynolds was always a player not lacking in motivation but now he will have more.

He has been written off by plenty on this web site but IMO he will be a real goer
At worst he gives us a mongrel player who gives 110% every game and doesn't give up. At best we get a player who has played SOO and could be anything with a new coach and new style. Plus he can tackle which is something we haven't had at 5/8 for a very long time.

05TIGZ
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by 05TIGZ » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:11 pm

Reports today that Moylan will be out of penrith by next week with sharks and manly favourites.

tigerap
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 70 times

Unread post by tigerap » Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:59 pm

05TIGZ wrote:
Sun 29 Oct, 2017 9:11 pm
Reports today that Moylan will be out of penrith by next week with sharks and manly favourites.
Why is it Sharks and Manly are mentioned when someone comes on the market?>

tiger05premier
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 35 times

Unread post by tiger05premier » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 5:34 am

05TIGZ wrote:
So if Moylan did go to Manly you would think it would be to play 5/8 as that is his preferred position.

Blake Green than to Warriors.

That shuts down one opportunity for Pearce

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 6:54 am

tiger05premier wrote:
Mon 30 Oct, 2017 5:34 am
05TIGZ wrote:
So if Moylan did go to Manly you would think it would be to play 5/8 as that is his preferred position.

Pearce to Newcastle

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 6:54 am

tiger05premier wrote:
Mon 30 Oct, 2017 5:34 am
05TIGZ wrote:

Pearce to Newcastle

LARDS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by LARDS » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 12:29 pm

05TIGZ wrote:
I heard its between sharks and tigers

Has liked: 437 times
Been liked: 121 times

Unread post by 851 » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 12:59 pm

LARDS wrote:
Mon 30 Oct, 2017 12:29 pm
05TIGZ wrote:
Well at least we got a mention
Go hard or go home

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 88 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 1:25 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 30 Oct, 2017 12:59 pm
LARDS wrote:
Mon 30 Oct, 2017 12:29 pm
05TIGZ wrote:
Well at least we got a mention
It will be all hearsay with us I reckon.

For a team that has won the wooden spoon 3 years running, Newcastle don't seem to have any trouble attracting the name players - what the hell is wrong with us? Maybe geography has something to do with it. Why would anyone want to live in the sleazy inner city of Sydney when there is a lovely coastline to enjoy.

helmesy
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by helmesy » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 4:36 pm

i reckon we’re a good chance of getting him 😉

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”