MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED ..

innsaneink

Re: MOYLAN MAYBE RELEASED ..

Post by innsaneink » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 5:26 pm

I like both players as players...both good footy players, very good
I dont like Moylan, his attitude and ego stinks and doesnt look to be a team player, carries on like Moses...the lowest breed
That said, if either were to have come here I wouldnt complain...we havent really recruited this calibre of player for some time

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:10 pm

Well it seemed a given - but at some point if we are ever going to be serious contenders we need to be attracting the Moylans/Maloneys whether you like them or not, and regardless what you think they are worth. Or we can keep supporting players retirement funds.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:23 pm

tigerap wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 4:40 pm
I'm so glad we didn't end up with Moylan....We don't need to spend $900k on a player to fill the 5/8 or FB positions given the recruitment of Tui and Reynolds...Spend some of the money saved on Crichton....or maybe Aloai could become our version of Crichton in 2018.
It will be a long time before we beat off teams like the Chooks,Manly,Dogs or Sharks for a marquee signing in the Sydney market.

We just have to keep what we are doing and go for the next tier down players and hope we can get a bit more out of them, plus develop some young talent and retain that talent when they blossom. It’s not all about money why we miss these signings, plenty of other things come into play

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:26 pm

TigerKapa wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 4:19 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 4:02 pm
$900K a year at Cronulla, but they couldn't afford to upgrade Jimmy Maloney who was on 600 odd thousand?

Got the same brand of calculator the Chooks have.
It wasn't that they couldn't afford it. It was more that Maloney had signed for 500k and Cronulla didn't see why they had to upgrade him. Rightly so, if you sign a contract for a certain amount, that's what you get. The club wouldn't ask Maloney to take a pay cut if he wasn't playing well.
I'm pretty sure they did say they had no cap space to bump him. I do agree that he signed a contract and Cronulla were under no obligation to bump him. He should have had ratchet clauses in his contract.
Just because it's soap doesn't mean it's clean.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:29 pm

supercoach wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:23 pm
tigerap wrote:
I'm so glad we didn't end up with Moylan....We don't need to spend $900k on a player to fill the 5/8 or FB positions given the recruitment of Tui and Reynolds...Spend some of the money saved on Crichton....or maybe Aloai could become our version of Crichton in 2018.
It will be a long time before we beat off teams like the Chooks,Manly,Dogs or Sharks for a marquee signing in the Sydney market.

We just have to keep what we are doing and go for the next tier down players and hope we can get a bit more out of them, plus develop some young talent and retain that talent when they blossom. It’s not all about money why we miss these signings, plenty of other things come into play
A harsh reality that a lot of our supporters refuse to face. We're 2 to 3 years away at the very least to even be discussing signing players of Cronk's calibre. We need to be a consistent finals side to have any chance of attracting those types of players.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:10 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 6:29 pm
supercoach wrote:
tigerap wrote:

A harsh reality that a lot of our supporters refuse to face. We're 2 to 3 years away at the very least to even be discussing signing players of Cronk's calibre. We need to be a consistent finals side to have any chance of attracting those types of players.
Spot on
No more plodders!
:sign:

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:27 pm

wt00 wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:10 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
supercoach wrote:
tigerap wrote:

Spot on
Harsh reality- its our only reality! We have been talking 2-3 years forever! Now we have money and still not in the race with our Sydney counterparts. I for one dont think we have 2-3 years of talking 2-3 years. We have paid good money for our squad, they havnt come cheap they need to perform and significant improvement in our position on the ladder just has to start happening, imo.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:45 pm

Many things come into play, obviously money is up there, but geographical location,opportunities outside football post football,TPAs,player manager relationship with the club and what people perceive where our club is and going. Chooks could have three years in the cellar but still attract the so called best players. Iam afraid it’s going to take some consistent good form on and off the field for us to lure a big fish at his prime

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:50 pm

Telltails wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:27 pm
wt00 wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 7:10 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
supercoach wrote:

Spot on
Harsh reality- its our only reality! We have been talking 2-3 years forever! Now we have money and still not in the race with our Sydney counterparts. I for one dont think we have 2-3 years of talking 2-3 years. We have paid good money for our squad, they havnt come cheap they need to perform and significant improvement in our position on the ladder just has to start happening, imo.
Yeah, due to amount of roster choice the available spend for 2018, plus getting the time to prepare those retained and brought in during 2017, a reasonable amount of that ladder improvement has to come next year.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 8:02 pm

Wow. $1M for Cronk I can understand, but $900K for Moylan is crazy IMO. He was just released by his old club after all.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 8:18 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 8:02 pm
Wow. $1M for Cronk I can understand, but $900K for Moylan is crazy IMO. He was just released by his old club after all.
Sadly that is the going rate for a quality player who plays in the spine

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 8:20 pm

Considering Moses is on 800k, I'd say 1 mil for Cronk is peanuts.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 8:23 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 8:02 pm
Yeah for that price (if it be right) I am glad he didn't end up with us. Michael Morgan comes off contract at the end of 2018, getting him at $1.1 million a season would be much better value than Moylan at $900K.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 8:38 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 8:20 pm
Considering Moses is on 800k, I'd say 1 mil for Cronk is peanuts.
Considering Reynolds is on $750k, i'd say $900k for Moylan is peanuts.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 9:06 pm

900K hey..well if it's in the paper it must be true...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 9:13 pm

Lot of people are angry about the TPA's and the like , instead of telling us player's worth why not tell us what the net worth of a side like the Roosters ,Sharks and Storm is worth including cap dollars

Moylan is garbage , he can't create in the halves and if he is playing in the 1 jersey will led to Holmes wanting out , we did the right thing staying away

I hope however that coach is trying to get his boy to become the bus conductor

I'm not on the bus , I'm the bloke with the rotten fruit and eggs waiting for the bus to splutter on by

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 9:18 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 09 Nov, 2017 9:06 pm
900K hey..well if it's in the paper it must be true...
Especially considering the managers who feed the papers the info have a strong motive to over-quote.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 9:31 pm

The salaries listed are close to what is reality but mostly they include third parties. I raised the issue of releasing a total spend for each club with Greenberg at a corporate event and believe me it will never happen. Some clubs were spending 2.00m on top of the old salary cap of 7 odd million. Some of these clubs sponsor expensive business degrees, luxury car TPAs, accomodation and family member employment and opportunities they are not qualified for. They also do it with the best young talent outside the Cap to build loyalty. The NRL will eventually go back to a super league model when the weaker clubs fold.