Sam mckendry

Naroomatiger

Sam mckendry

Unread post by Naroomatiger » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 1:27 pm

I was in Panthers yesterday and seen all the players leave the club, Sam was with them and looked health. Why don't we go after him a good sold play international before his injuries.
Might get him at the right $$$$
Just after. Your thoughts :crazy :lol: :blah :P :brick:

wt00
Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 37 times

Unread post by wt00 » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 1:29 pm

We were rumoured to be interested in sam earlier in the season
The star of the team is the team.

colmcd
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by colmcd » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 2:02 pm

We should only sign new players for 1 year contracts now unless their a junior we want to develop.

We have changed well over half our team. I don't know which players will prove themselves and which will flop. Will we be weak in the Lock, centers, Forwards, on the wing, will our 5/8 and half gell?

Save our powder, keep cap space free once we work out where we need people in this new team. We have so many players who could either be Brilliant or hopeless, we won't know this till they have played 5 games together.

Sure if Manu Mau comes on the market for 300K or a simliar bargain. GET THEM. But I think we should save our powder till we know where we are weak.

Fade To Black
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by Fade To Black » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 2:04 pm

Too big of a risk IMO. Don't need an injury prone bloke playing in the most physical position on the park, we gave Ballin and Idris a shot and both gambles backfired on us. Sign healthy players instead from now on in.
McQueen and Reynolds both look to be pretty likely of missing lots of games in the next few seasons, we don't want another crock to add to the list.

Pawsandclaws
Been liked: 43 times

Unread post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 2:16 pm

colmcd wrote:
Thu 14 Sep, 2017 2:02 pm
We should only sign new players for 1 year contracts now unless their a junior we want to develop.

We have changed well over half our team. I don't know which players will prove themselves and which will flop. Will we be weak in the Lock, centers, Forwards, on the wing, will our 5/8 and half gell?

Save our powder, keep cap space free once we work out where we need people in this new team. We have so many players who could either be Brilliant or hopeless, we won't know this till they have played 5 games together.

Sure if Manu Mau comes on the market for 300K or a simliar bargain. GET THEM. But I think we should save our powder till we know where we are weak.
I couldn't envisage any player (or manager advising their client) to sign for one year when offers for longer tenure are available at other clubs. The reality is also the weaker clubs have to offer longer contracts to attract good players.

supercoach
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by supercoach » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 2:56 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Thu 14 Sep, 2017 2:16 pm
colmcd wrote:

I couldn't envisage any player (or manager advising their client) to sign for one year when offers for longer tenure are available at other clubs. The reality is also the weaker clubs have to offer longer contracts to attract good players.
Exactly why we signed Reynolds and co on long 4 year deals. Ideally two year contracts with a one year option favouring the club are what you want, but with demand being way higher than supply clubs are forced into these four year deals

jirskyr
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 83 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 7:08 pm

Doesn't someone on here know McKendry? Tiger Talk said in June it weren't happening.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28912&p=841703&hil ... ry#p841703

Tigerdon
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 33 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 8:46 pm

To set about turning the club in a direction we haven't been before. Building a tougher culture with passion. Like the Wests and Balmains teams in the passed.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

GNR4LIFE
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 116 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 14 Sep, 2017 8:47 pm

No thanks. Well covered for props. If you know a good back rower though.

colmcd
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 30 times

Unread post by colmcd » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 9:10 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
colmcd wrote:

You are right, unless a good player wants an opportunity elsewhere in 2019 and has a year free. (Like Blake Austin did for example). We won't sign anyone good for a year.

All i am saying is hold our powder. We haven't seen this team play. We have a lot of players who are going to play somewhere between hopeless or excellent, we don't know who will succeed and who will suck under Ivan.

Lets wait till these guys play a few games together, identify where we are weak and recruit the good player in the position we need them in.

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 9:20 am

sensible wrote:
Fri 15 Sep, 2017 9:10 am
sensible wrote:
colmcd wrote:

You are right, unless a good player wants an opportunity elsewhere in 2019 and has a year free. (Like Blake Austin did for example). We won't sign anyone good for a year.

All i am saying is hold our powder. We haven't seen this team play. We have a lot of players who are going to play somewhere between hopeless or excellent, we don't know who will succeed and who will suck under Ivan.

Lets wait till these guys play a few games together, identify where we are weak and recruit the good player in the position we need them in.
that sounds too sensible.

supercoach
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by supercoach » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 10:13 am

Agreed..we need to have wriggle room next year. There will be signings and areas in our roster that don't work out. So you need both cap space and roster space. I say unless we are offered a real gun, I would be putting the cheque book away and filling the last two positions with a player from within on a one year contract on basic money

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 31 times

Unread post by formerguest » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 10:18 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 15 Sep, 2017 9:20 am
sensible wrote:
sensible wrote:
colmcd wrote:

Don, did you change the poster names?

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 9:54 pm

formerguest wrote:
Fri 15 Sep, 2017 10:18 am
Tigerdon wrote:
Fri 15 Sep, 2017 9:20 am
sensible wrote:
sensible wrote:

Don, did you change the poster names?
No. Weil not intentionally. Unless somehow I cracked into the Matrix, I'm pretty computer illiterate. Maybe somehow I've gone into the system and those guys with sunnies and trench coats will be after me.

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Fri 15 Sep, 2017 9:56 pm

FG, maybe reply "sensible" to posters comments and see what happens.

ricksen
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by ricksen » Mon 18 Sep, 2017 12:47 am

colmcd wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
colmcd wrote:

Are you suggesting we save cap space for 5-6 rounds into next season? That'd be daft - very few players are made available mid-season, and most of those are outcasts playing reserve grade.
If we have significant cap space (i.e. space for serious FGers) then we'll need to spend it before the seasons starts.

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”