November 1st

User avatar
avocadoontoast
Member
Member
Posts: 1398
Joined: Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:53 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Re: November 1st

Post by avocadoontoast » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 4:17 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 01 Nov, 2017 3:51 pm
tigger2010 wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:53 pm
Cordner is not much better than Lawrence?That will do me.He Calves us up every time we play them.

I think, looking back on it - he may not be as good as Rowdy.
Surely you can't truly believe that?


formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4137
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 4:20 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 01 Nov, 2017 3:51 pm
tigger2010 wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:53 pm
Cordner is not much better than Lawrence?That will do me.He Calves us up every time we play them.
The team calves us up - not Cordner.

He would be flat out calving up a Christmas turkey.

I think, looking back on it - he may not be as good as Rowdy.
It seems the bovine reference is contagious. Maybe he can give birth to one for the Cowboys to ride, or put it on ice until the end of his league career.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 5242
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 7:24 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Wed 01 Nov, 2017 4:17 pm
Russell wrote:
Wed 01 Nov, 2017 3:51 pm
tigger2010 wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:53 pm
Cordner is not much better than Lawrence?That will do me.He Calves us up every time we play them.

I think, looking back on it - he may not be as good as Rowdy.
Surely you can't truly believe that?
I do, what people see in Cordner - apart from being a hard runner of the ball is beyond me.

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3497
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 7:38 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 01 Nov, 2017 7:24 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Wed 01 Nov, 2017 4:17 pm
Russell wrote:
Wed 01 Nov, 2017 3:51 pm
tigger2010 wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:53 pm
Cordner is not much better than Lawrence?That will do me.He Calves us up every time we play them.

I think, looking back on it - he may not be as good as Rowdy.
Surely you can't truly believe that?
I do, what people see in Cordner - apart from being a hard runner of the ball is beyond me.
Plays 80 minutes, runs hard, runs good lines, tackles hard, has a high work rate, low error rate...yeah awful player

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29900
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 7:42 pm

I think I've entered Bizarro World...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen


User avatar
avocadoontoast
Member
Member
Posts: 1398
Joined: Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:53 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by avocadoontoast » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 8:21 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 01 Nov, 2017 7:24 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Wed 01 Nov, 2017 4:17 pm
Russell wrote:
Wed 01 Nov, 2017 3:51 pm
tigger2010 wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:53 pm
Cordner is not much better than Lawrence?That will do me.He Calves us up every time we play them.

I think, looking back on it - he may not be as good as Rowdy.
Surely you can't truly believe that?
I do, what people see in Cordner - apart from being a hard runner of the ball is beyond me.
You’re referring to Boyd Cordner right? Not some other guy named Cordner who plays in reserve grade somewhere?

User avatar
palms
Member
Member
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon 20 Jul, 2009 2:09 pm
Location: Mooloolaba, QLD

Post by palms » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 8:38 pm

Coyd Bordner perhaps?

tiger05premier
Member
Member
Posts: 975
Joined: Tue 11 Mar, 2014 6:26 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by tiger05premier » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 8:55 pm

I agree with Russell

Cordner is a good player but nothing special

Always played in a strong side but when things get tough he tries hard but makes little difference

To me a lot like William Moore David Fairleigh Garry Larson tried hard but limited impact

Even looks great when team on top but makes little difference when team is struggling

Looked great in 1st half of SOO series but hardly noticed in 2nd half of SOO series

TigerKapa
Member
Member
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed 18 Jan, 2017 10:39 am

Post by TigerKapa » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 9:17 pm

tiger05premier wrote:
Wed 01 Nov, 2017 8:55 pm
I agree with Russell

Cordner is a good player but nothing special

Always played in a strong side but when things get tough he tries hard but makes little difference

To me a lot like William Moore David Fairleigh Garry Larson tried hard but limited impact

Even looks great when team on top but makes little difference when team is struggling

Looked great in 1st half of SOO series but hardly noticed in 2nd half of SOO series
That last line describes more than half of the NSW team

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3808
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 5:22 pm

The roosters pack is fairly soft all round. The thing that makes cordner look good is Aubusson playing alongside him

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29716
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 6:00 pm

Lol twilite zone thread... Gimmee Cordner or Fairliegh any day... Now don't go get upset again about opinions Russ

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22859
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 6:06 pm

If Lawrence had never gotten injured he would be a superior player.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3579
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 6:09 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 6:06 pm
If Lawrence had never gotten injured he would be a superior player.
He would still be playing in the centres/wing which was his natural game.

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 4150
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Thu 02 Nov, 2017 6:20 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 02 Nov, 2017 6:06 pm
If Lawrence had never gotten injured he would be a superior player.
Maybe. Maybe not . Lawrence can still go hard for a couple of games in a row. Then will need a spell.
It’s a very tough position being given hospital balls on the edge from your half.
If your not a massive dude. It takes its toll . I remember Bodene Thompson getting concussed regularly for us.
Dallas Johnson was one of those types as well.. actually all the Thompson’s & Johnson’s..
On his day Lawrence could be better than Cordner. But not often
in Ivan we distrust

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3808
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Fri 03 Nov, 2017 4:49 pm

Cordner would go about as well in a tigers side as Adam Blair did. Lawrence would go as well at the Roosters as cordner does. Gillett, Lowe, Crichton and Papali are better than both of them.
There are a lot of backrowers that make a name for themselves feeding off the droppings of a very good side, with a lot less that make a good side

Post Reply