November 1st

User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am

Re: November 1st

Post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 10 Oct, 2017 8:46 pm

Plenty of good players:

Cotric
Dufty
Edwards
RTS

Curtis Scott
Maumalo
Mansour
Don
Oates
Uate

Lamb
May
Jacks
Keary
Morgan
Ash Taylor

Ah Mau
Alvaro
Shannon Boyd
Glasby
Kikau
Saifiti
Saifiti

Friend
Hodgson
Koroisau
McInnes
Cameron Smith

Cordner
Crichton
Lowe
Papalii
Pangai Jr
Joel Thompson
Sione Mata'utai

Batemen
Nathan Brown
Liu
Soliola


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28899
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 10 Oct, 2017 8:50 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 10 Oct, 2017 8:46 pm
Plenty of good players:

Cotric
Dufty
Edwards
RTS

Curtis Scott
Maumalo
Mansour
Don
Oates
Uate

Lamb
May
Jacks
Keary
Morgan
Ash Taylor

Ah Mau
Alvaro
Shannon Boyd
Glasby
Kikau
Saifiti
Saifiti

Friend
Hodgson
Koroisau
McInnes
Cameron Smith

Cordner
Crichton
Lowe
Papalii
Pangai Jr
Joel Thompson
Sione Mata'utai

Batemen
Nathan Brown
Liu
Soliola
The End.

will1999
Member
Member
Posts: 932
Joined: Wed 16 Nov, 2016 2:52 am

Post by will1999 » Tue 10 Oct, 2017 9:03 pm

RTS to replace Tedesco

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22145
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 10 Oct, 2017 9:13 pm

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 10 Oct, 2017 8:46 pm
Plenty of good players:

Cotric
Dufty
Edwards
RTS

Curtis Scott
Maumalo
Mansour
Don
Oates
Uate

Lamb
May
Jacks
Keary
Morgan
Ash Taylor

Ah Mau
Alvaro
Shannon Boyd
Glasby
Kikau
Saifiti
Saifiti

Friend
Hodgson
Koroisau
McInnes
Cameron Smith

Cordner
Crichton
Lowe
Papalii
Pangai Jr
Joel Thompson
Sione Mata'utai

Batemen
Nathan Brown
Liu
Soliola
Can we fit them all under the cap though?

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22145
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 10 Oct, 2017 9:14 pm

will1999 wrote:
Tue 10 Oct, 2017 9:03 pm
RTS to replace Tedesco
Not a bad name to throw up, but I think he'd be long odds leaving NZ,


User avatar
WestsBenTigers
Member
Member
Posts: 1704
Joined: Wed 05 Oct, 2016 11:14 am

Post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 10 Oct, 2017 9:15 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 10 Oct, 2017 9:13 pm
WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 10 Oct, 2017 8:46 pm
Plenty of good players:

Cotric
Dufty
Edwards
RTS

Curtis Scott
Maumalo
Mansour
Don
Oates
Uate

Lamb
May
Jacks
Keary
Morgan
Ash Taylor

Ah Mau
Alvaro
Shannon Boyd
Glasby
Kikau
Saifiti
Saifiti

Friend
Hodgson
Koroisau
McInnes
Cameron Smith

Cordner
Crichton
Lowe
Papalii
Pangai Jr
Joel Thompson
Sione Mata'utai

Batemen
Nathan Brown
Liu
Soliola
Can we fit them all under the cap though?
I'm sure Ivan could do it!

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5411
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 1:45 am

Cotric would be an incredible buy. That kid is going to be a superstar. Perfect build for an outside back, is a solid unit that will fill out to be a monster in the next 5+ years- will end up a devastating backrower IMO.
Seems like a good level-headed kid as well unlike self-absorbed, self-worshipping flogs like Mitchy Moses.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3616
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 5:32 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 10 Oct, 2017 9:14 pm
will1999 wrote:
Tue 10 Oct, 2017 9:03 pm
RTS to replace Tedesco
Not a bad name to throw up, but I think he'd be long odds leaving NZ,
Use the roosters trick. Sign his brother this year

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 2239
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 8:08 pm

Harvey wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 5:32 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 10 Oct, 2017 9:14 pm
will1999 wrote:
Tue 10 Oct, 2017 9:03 pm
RTS to replace Tedesco
Not a bad name to throw up, but I think he'd be long odds leaving NZ,
Use the roosters trick. Sign his brother this year

RTS has been a big disappointment in NZ - thought he was gonna be the next superstar when he was at the Roosters. They all seem to turn into duds once they cross the Tasman!

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28899
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 11 Oct, 2017 8:35 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 8:08 pm
Harvey wrote:
Wed 11 Oct, 2017 5:32 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 10 Oct, 2017 9:14 pm
will1999 wrote:
Tue 10 Oct, 2017 9:03 pm
RTS to replace Tedesco
Not a bad name to throw up, but I think he'd be long odds leaving NZ,
Use the roosters trick. Sign his brother this year

RTS has been a big disappointment in NZ - thought he was gonna be the next superstar when he was at the Roosters. They all seem to turn into duds once they cross the Tasman!
Yeah we know all about that eh?

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3905
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 5:01 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 10 Oct, 2017 9:16 am
I know its not even 2018 yet, but its only 3 weeks till we can "officially" start negotiating with players for 2019. This creates a few questions.

What players, if any, should we target?

Which off contract players should be offered new deals?

How much will we have to spend?

Should we expect any signings before round 1?
Starts tomorrow.
Off the off contracted players....

The Roosters were looking to offer Angus Crichton a big deal. Now they have signed Cronk for $2 million dollars, I'm not sure how much they can throw at him. He is after a big contract and i'm not sure the Bunnies will do a massive upgrade for him.

Boyd Cordner is listed as being on $750k, i'm sure we can put some real pain into the Roosters if it's public known we have offered him the same deal the Bulldogs offered Woods.

Other off-contract players - Luke Keary hasn't signed yet. Pearce may up and leave.
Joel Thompson would be a good get.
Don't think the Panthers are in a position to offer Dylan Edwards a huge deal
The Cowboys will try and sign Michael Morgan on a long term deal to take over JT's jersey, the wouldn't be able to throw much at Ethan Lowe.

Then there are all these low paid Roosters; Ryan Matterson $200,000, Daniel Tupou $220,000, Mitchell Aubusson $280,000, Isaac Liu $200,000, Zane Tetevano $120,000, Sio Siua Taukeiaho $150,000.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 3647
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 5:27 pm

Taukeiaho & Joel Thompson
No more plodders!
:sign:

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3616
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 5:30 pm

Cordner is not much better than Lawrence, he is on big overs. I would offer Taukeiaho a huge 350k deal to leave the roosters. I would also have a look at Manu who appears to be on the minimum wage with limited first grade opportunities (but content to stay).
We might be able to sign one of the players that the roosters let go to try and justify how they have room to plunder other clubs talent next year.
Keep note of these contract figures for next year when the player on 200k that fits under the cap this year leaves, creating enough room for a player to be signed for 400k in 2019.
I would have a look at Nat Butcher for what he is supposedly earning

The Queen
Member
Member
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat 08 Apr, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by The Queen » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 6:11 pm

Harvey wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 5:30 pm
Cordner is not much better than Lawrence, he is on big overs. I would offer Taukeiaho a huge 350k deal to leave the roosters. I would also have a look at Manu who appears to be on the minimum wage with limited first grade opportunities (but content to stay).
We might be able to sign one of the players that the roosters let go to try and justify how they have room to plunder other clubs talent next year.
Keep note of these contract figures for next year when the player on 200k that fits under the cap this year leaves, creating enough room for a player to be signed for 400k in 2019.
I would have a look at Nat Butcher for what he is supposedly earning

No not Jayden Nikorima who signs with the Rooster for a shot at first grade and 150K big overs at the time for a Broncos 5 choice play make and leaves the Rooster a few years later and 7 NRL games on a whopping 350K some of the money for Cronk when Taukeiaho is on 150K

I have figured it the secret you must put players on 150K contracts any more and it's a waste or the players at the Roosters are either dumb or full of horse hocker

It's a shame I am starting to full out of love with rugby league use to watch 5 to 8 games a week last year it was hard to watch one or two a week

User avatar
hugh1954
Member
Member
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri 17 May, 2013 10:10 pm
Location: Maitland

Post by hugh1954 » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 7:07 pm

Wait and see the fall out from the Mitchell Pearce Drama as other good players maybe unhappy as well

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3967
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 7:15 pm

The Queen wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 6:11 pm
Harvey wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 5:30 pm
Cordner is not much better than Lawrence, he is on big overs. I would offer Taukeiaho a huge 350k deal to leave the roosters. I would also have a look at Manu who appears to be on the minimum wage with limited first grade opportunities (but content to stay).
We might be able to sign one of the players that the roosters let go to try and justify how they have room to plunder other clubs talent next year.
Keep note of these contract figures for next year when the player on 200k that fits under the cap this year leaves, creating enough room for a player to be signed for 400k in 2019.
I would have a look at Nat Butcher for what he is supposedly earning

No not Jayden Nikorima who signs with the Rooster for a shot at first grade and 150K big overs at the time for a Broncos 5 choice play make and leaves the Rooster a few years later and 7 NRL games on a whopping 350K some of the money for Cronk when Taukeiaho is on 150K

I have figured it the secret you must put players on 150K contracts any more and it's a waste or the players at the Roosters are either dumb or full of horse hocker

It's a shame I am starting to full out of love with rugby league use to watch 5 to 8 games a week last year it was hard to watch one or two a week
Having a lot of trouble trying to get what you were attempting to express, though I did understand the ultimate paragraph.

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2143
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 7:41 pm

wt00 wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 5:27 pm
Taukeiaho & Joel Thompson
Spot on someone that watches footy.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22145
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 8:57 pm

Im too excited to sleep. Feels like the night before Christmas.

Post Reply