November 1st

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Re: November 1st

Unread post by Tigerdon » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 8:59 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 8:57 pm
Im too excited to sleep. Feels like the night before Christmas.
What are you wishing for? Did you write a list for Santa ?
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

tigger2010
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by tigger2010 » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:53 pm

Cordner is not much better than Lawrence?That will do me.He Calves us up every time we play them.

The Queen
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by The Queen » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:56 pm

formerguest wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 7:15 pm
The Queen wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 6:11 pm
Harvey wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 5:30 pm
Cordner is not much better than Lawrence, he is on big overs. I would offer Taukeiaho a huge 350k deal to leave the roosters. I would also have a look at Manu who appears to be on the minimum wage with limited first grade opportunities (but content to stay).
We might be able to sign one of the players that the roosters let go to try and justify how they have room to plunder other clubs talent next year.
Keep note of these contract figures for next year when the player on 200k that fits under the cap this year leaves, creating enough room for a player to be signed for 400k in 2019.
I would have a look at Nat Butcher for what he is supposedly earning

No not Jayden Nikorima who signs with the Rooster for a shot at first grade and 150K big overs at the time for a Broncos 5 choice play make and leaves the Rooster a few years later and 7 NRL games on a whopping 350K some of the money for Cronk when Taukeiaho is on 150K

I have figured it the secret you must put players on 150K contracts any more and it's a waste or the players at the Roosters are either dumb or full of horse hocker

It's a shame I am starting to full out of love with rugby league use to watch 5 to 8 games a week last year it was hard to watch one or two a week
Having a lot of trouble trying to get what you were attempting to express, though I did understand the ultimate paragraph.

Trying to do some sarcasm this part gets me because it happens a lot.....Keep note of these contract figures for next year when the player on 200k that fits under the cap this year leaves, creating enough room for a player to be signed for 400k in 2019...

The Roosters have for next year have 7 internationals and 3 origin players in the team just does not seem fair

will1999
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by will1999 » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:59 pm

The Queen wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:56 pm
formerguest wrote:
The Queen wrote:
Harvey wrote:
Cordner is not much better than Lawrence, he is on big overs. I would offer Taukeiaho a huge 350k deal to leave the roosters. I would also have a look at Manu who appears to be on the minimum wage with limited first grade opportunities (but content to stay).
We might be able to sign one of the players that the roosters let go to try and justify how they have room to plunder other clubs talent next year.
Keep note of these contract figures for next year when the player on 200k that fits under the cap this year leaves, creating enough room for a player to be signed for 400k in 2019.

No not Jayden Nikorima who signs with the Rooster for a shot at first grade and 150K big overs at the time for a Broncos 5 choice play make and leaves the Rooster a few years later and 7 NRL games on a whopping 350K some of the money for Cronk when Taukeiaho is on 150K

I have figured it the secret you must put players on 150K contracts any more and it's a waste or the players at the Roosters are either dumb or full of horse hocker

It's a shame I am starting to full out of love with rugby league use to watch 5 to 8 games a week last year it was hard to watch one or two a week
Having a lot of trouble trying to get what you were attempting to express, though I did understand the ultimate paragraph.

Trying to do some sarcasm this part gets me because it happens a lot.....Keep note of these contract figures for next year when the player on 200k that fits under the cap this year leaves, creating enough room for a player to be signed for 400k in 2019...

The Roosters have for next year have 7 internationals and 3 origin players in the team just does not seem fair
Tedesco, Cronk, Pearce, Ferguson, Cordner for origin next year

magpiecol
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 25 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 10:17 pm

The Queen wrote:
formerguest wrote:
The Queen wrote:
Harvey wrote:

:bash :bash :bawling

TIGER
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times

Unread post by TIGER » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 11:34 pm

Anyone who can play 7

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 11:50 pm

Harvey wrote:
"Cordner not much better than Lawrence" :roll
Surely that's a joke post
I apologise if it isn't Harvey.
It's late , maybe I just read it wrong.
Love Rowdy......but really??

The Queen

Unread post by The Queen » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 6:04 am

will1999 wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:59 pm
The Queen wrote:
formerguest wrote:
The Queen wrote:

Tedesco, Cronk, Pearce, Ferguson, Cordner for origin next year
I counted Tedesco as origin and not international he has on played for pm's 13

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 8:56 am

Joel Thompson or Mitchell Pearce.

Follow the Roosters model. When you think you have enough halves, go an buy another.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 393 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 10:21 am

So who did we get in the great grand fire sale...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 10:33 am

quote=Geo.
So who did we get in the great grand fire sale...

The doors have just been opened.

teddy23

Unread post by teddy23 » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 11:08 am

When does Latrell Mitchell's contract end?

Should be going very very hard for him, he's a superstar no doubt about that!

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 11:50 am

teddy23 wrote:
Wed 01 Nov, 2017 11:08 am
When does Latrell Mitchell's contract end?

Should be going very very hard for him, he's a superstar no doubt about that!
it ends in 2019. he's on $350K until then.

tiger scott

Unread post by tiger scott » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 1:33 pm

Shannon Boyd or Josh Papali from the Raiders. Would have the even bigger boppa from Melbourne Asofa-Solamona, but we missed him. Both would be perfect imo

Tigerdon

Unread post by Tigerdon » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 1:42 pm

Day 1 of the Fire Sale

From Fox. ... nothing that interesting, other than The Warriors are close to signing Paasi (would have loved him coming off the bench for the WTs). and someones after utility William Zillman for 2018. Did someone say we are after a utility?

NRL PREMIERSHIP
Nathan Ryan
November 1, 2017 6:00am
NATHAN RYAN@nath_ryan
Source: FOX SPORTS

From transfers, new deals and retirements.

EDDY BACK TO ENGLAND
After spending the past three seasons on the Gold Coast, the 29-year-old is set to return to England with Wigan one club interested in his services. The journeyman has enjoyed stints with the Rabbitohs, Tigers, Wigan and Titans over his 11 year career. While a deal to return to the Warriors is in the pipelines, it isn’t by any means finalised, which is why Pettybourne is using the Rugby League World Cup as one last opportunity to impress potential suitors. As a senior member of the Hawks, Pettybourne is hoping recruitment officials from abroad will get a glimpse of what he can produce over the tournament
Pettybourne isn’t the only player looking to move overseas with St George Illawarra playmaker Drew Hutchison signing a deal with Leigh.
The playmaker has signed a two-year-deal with the Centurions.

Newcastle prop Pauli Pauli is poised to move to England.
Tipping the scales at 125 kilos, the 23-year-old is on the verge of signing a deal with Wakefield in the Super League.
Having started his career with Parramatta in 2014, Pauli moved to the Knights in 2016 but a dislocated hip due to a car accident this year kept him out of the NRL side in 2017.

EELS RESHAPE LIST
Parramatta have six players from their top list still off-contract for next season, with only one likely to be retained.
That man is Frank Pritchard.
Turning 34 on Friday, the Eels will wait and see how the backrower’s body pulls up after his duties with Samoa in the World Cup wrap up before offering him a 12-month extension.
Reserve grade players John Folau, Cody Nelson, Scott Schulte, Honeti Tuha and Matthew Woods have all been cut.
These men will be replaced by Holden Cup players ready to make the jump to the full-time squad.

SEA EAGLES LOSE JUNIOR SKIPPER
South Sydney have landed Manly 20s skipper Jesse Martin.
The lock-hooker led their NYC side to premiership glory against Parramatta a few weeks back but will leave the Sea Eagles for a new start.
The Queanbeyan Blues junior averaged 99.2 running metres and 36.4 tackles per game last season over 25 appearances for the Sea Eagles.

SOUTHS ADD DEPTH
South Sydney have signed Newcastle winger Jacob Gagan.
Cronulla’s 2014 Rookie of the Year, Gagan’s career was stalled due to a freakish lower leg injury.
With eight top grade games to his name and four years as part of the NRL system, Gagan leaves the Knights after one season.
He’ll join fellow Knight Jack Stockwell in the Burrow next year.
Stockwell has made a verbal agreement with the Rabbitohs, although he’s yet to sign the paperwork as he’s currently overseas on his honeymoon.

ROOSTERS SECURE HALVES FUTURE
The Roosters are succession planning in the spine.
Market Watch can reveal the club has re-signed young half Jake Hazard for another two seasons as they put a long-term strategy for sustained success into place.
A graduate of their SG Ball side, Hazard was off-contract this year and has caught the attention of several clubs but the Tricolours have won the race to his signature.
Hazard was a member of the victorious NSW under-18s side who beat the Queensland side 35-28 in the curtain raiser for Origin II.
At 18, Hazard has a bright future in the game and is considered a long-term project for the Roosters, potentially as a future hooker.
Hazard is currently recovering from a season-ending knee (ACL) injury.

SEA EAGLES EXTEND BOOM ROOKIE
Manly have re-signed Holden Cup fullback Jade Anderson.
The NYC gun has inked a two-year development deal after a successful season which finished with a courageous 20s grand final victory.
Anderson finished 2017 with 16 tries in 21 appearances and averaged 112.7 running metres per game.

The Warriors hope to finalise their player list by November 30 with Blake Green and Agnatius Paasi two of the final cogs.
The Warriors are close to signing Paasi on a two-year-deal with the lock seeking a release from the Titans on compassionate grounds.
Having re-signed Albert Vete for another two seasons, the club has not re-sign Matt Allwood or Ofahiki Ogden. the club is also considering bringing former Rooster Johnny Tuivasa-Sheck into the squad.
They’re looking at giving him a development deal after the winger returned home to New Zealand where he is living with his older brother Roger.

SHHHHHHHH
Which NRL club is considering handing Titans utility William Zillman a contract for 2018?
SHHHHHHHH II
Who is on the verge of signing South Sydney utility Sitiveni Moceidreke?
Able to play wing, centre, fullback and five-eighth, Moceidreke is currently representing Fiji in the World Cup.
Here’s a hint - this club is not based out of Sydney. They aren’t based out of Queensland either.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 54 times

Unread post by jadtiger » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 2:10 pm

I hope we are not after Zillman

Russell
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 124 times

Unread post by Russell » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 3:51 pm

tigger2010 wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:53 pm
Cordner is not much better than Lawrence?That will do me.He Calves us up every time we play them.
The team calves us up - not Cordner.

He would be flat out calving up a Christmas turkey.

I think, looking back on it - he may not be as good as Rowdy.

vlad
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by vlad » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 3:58 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 01 Nov, 2017 3:51 pm
tigger2010 wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:53 pm
The team calves us up - not Cordner.

He would be flat out calving up a Christmas turkey.

I think, looking back on it - he may not be as good as Rowdy.
the roosters every time we've played them recently
Attachments
calves.jpg
calves.jpg (8.29 KiB) Viewed 230 times

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”