Heighington joins Knights

User avatar
Tiger Come Lately
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1632
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: Heighington joins Knights

Unread post by Tiger Come Lately » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 4:25 pm

I wish him all the best. I wasn't his biggest fan when he was with us but he has racked up 300 games and two premiership rings so his experience alone would be worth the effort.


User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2467
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 55 times

Unread post by Harvey » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 5:00 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 3:47 pm
will1999 wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 2:38 pm
1. Tui Lolahea 1. Kaylin Ponga
2. David Nofaluma 2. Ken Sio
3. Moses Suli 3. Toutou Moga
4. Esan Marsters 4. SKD
5. Mehe Fonua 5. Nathan Ross
6. Josh Reynolds 6. Connor Watson
7. Luke Brooks 7. Brock Lamb
8. Russel packer 8. Daniel Saifiti
9. Matt Mccilwrick 9. Danny Levi
10. Ben Mautilino 10. Jacob Lillyman
11. Chris Mcqueen 11. Aiden Guerra
12. Josh Aloiai 12. Sione Mautautia
13. Elijah Taylor 13. Chris Heigninton
14. Alex Twal 14. Lachlan Fitsgibbon
15. Mathew Eisenhuth 15 Mitch Barnett
16. Suaso Sue 16.Herman Ese'ese
17. Tim Grant 17. Slade Griffen
Wests by knockout any day of the week.
Unless they allow 2 balls on the field

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 2467
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 55 times

Unread post by Harvey » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 5:02 pm

I think Ponga is a real talent, but not sure he is robust enough yet. We should make a play for SOC (son of Cogger)

User avatar
Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 795
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Second Heaven
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 63 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 5:49 pm

colmcd wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 3:08 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 2:42 pm
Milky wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 1:59 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 1:44 pm

No way.
Yes way. Ponga > Lolohea. Watson > Reynolds. Moga > Fonua. Guerra > McQueen. Lillyman > Rochow.
Watson and Ponga are all hype. The only ones i will give you are Moga and Guerra. Lillyman and Heigno will be almost 35 next year.
Watson is a real dice roll. I would take Reynolds over Watson in a second.

A shame Heighington did not want to finish in the Black, White and Orange. I think were missing experience in our front row and having someone of his caliber around would be useful. The Knights on the other hand, You don't buy 2x 35 year old's, particularly in the front (unless you have a LOT of depth). Naturally if they come really cheap, sure. But I think they are taking a big risk as is Chris playing in his 35th year.
I wouldn't have minded seeing Chris finish his career back where he started either, but in all honesty, I reckon he would be just 'more of the same' in our forward pack and we really need a second rower with game-breaking impact, not another workhorse.

All the best in your season at Newy Chris.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 1513
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unread post by Earl » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 5:54 pm

Milky wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 1:59 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 1:44 pm
weststigerman wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 1:17 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 12:38 pm
They've recruited very very well... They should improve a lot
Yeah I think they've recruited really well. We have as well but IMO but the Knights have the better quality players coming in.
No way.
Yes way. Ponga > Lolohea. Watson > Reynolds. Moga > Fonua. Guerra > McQueen. Lillyman > Rochow.
Newcastle are looking good aren't they.


User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 22 times

Unread post by Chicken Faced Killa » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 6:59 pm

This guy just keeps going and going. Good on him for getting so many games up.

Tiger78
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed 10 Jun, 2015 11:15 am
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Tiger78 » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 9:15 pm

Why Heighington even gets a start in the Wests Tigers forum is beyond me the past is the past lets move forward i couldnt care less who he is playing for next yea if he isn't with us who cares what he is doing. I respect what he did for the club but thats where it ends.

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 589
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 9 times

Unread post by Nucky Thompson » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 9:18 pm

Harvey wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 5:02 pm
I think Ponga is a real talent, but not sure he is robust enough yet. We should make a play for SOC (son of Cogger)
His yet to prove himself to me and the year in reserve grade would of hurt him.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2684
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 17 times

Unread post by magpiecol » Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:23 pm

Tiger78 wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 9:15 pm
Why Heighington even gets a start in the Wests Tigers forum is beyond me the past is the past lets move forward i couldnt care less who he is playing for next yea if he isn't with us who cares what he is doing. I respect what he did for the club but thats where it ends.
Not a good judge are you.

Watch the games he played for us back in the day. No superstar, but great club man and a great defender.

Good luck Chris.

User avatar
Fraze23
Member
Member
Posts: 1831
Joined: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 4:21 pm
Location: Cambridge United Kingdom
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 13 times

Unread post by Fraze23 » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 1:04 am

Earl wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 5:54 pm
Milky wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 1:59 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 1:44 pm
weststigerman wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 1:17 pm


Yeah I think they've recruited really well. We have as well but IMO but the Knights have the better quality players coming in.
No way.
Yes way. Ponga > Lolohea. Watson > Reynolds. Moga > Fonua. Guerra > McQueen. Lillyman > Rochow.
Newcastle are looking good aren't they.
We've got the better coach and that is what will make the biggest difference.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15887
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 88 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 7:52 am

I reckon both will be shock admissions to the 8.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 2620
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 38 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 8:26 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 13 Oct, 2017 7:52 am
I reckon both will be shock admissions to the 8.
I'd love to see that. Hope you are right.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 18489
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 152 times

Unread post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 8:42 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 13 Oct, 2017 7:52 am
I reckon both will be shock admissions to the 8.
I can't see the Knights improving that much.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15887
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 88 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 8:54 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Fri 13 Oct, 2017 8:42 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 13 Oct, 2017 7:52 am
I reckon both will be shock admissions to the 8.
I can't see the Knights improving that much.
I can, they are infinitely a better team next year than this year, they have recruited very well.
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

User avatar
TIGER
Member
Member
Posts: 2389
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:40 am
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by TIGER » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 2:32 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 12:15 pm
I thought he'd said on 2SM a while back he was giving it away?

Good luck to him either way.
He has, he joined the Knights.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 15887
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains
Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 88 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 13 Oct, 2017 2:42 pm

TIGER wrote:
Fri 13 Oct, 2017 2:32 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 12:15 pm
I thought he'd said on 2SM a while back he was giving it away?

Good luck to him either way.
He has, he joined the Knights.
I'd have agreed if he joined at the beginning of this year :)
It's not cruelty if you inject enough amphetamines...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Unread post by Donald Trump » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 9:54 am

magpiecol wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 10:23 pm
Tiger78 wrote:
Thu 12 Oct, 2017 9:15 pm
Why Heighington even gets a start in the Wests Tigers forum is beyond me the past is the past lets move forward i couldnt care less who he is playing for next yea if he isn't with us who cares what he is doing. I respect what he did for the club but thats where it ends.
Not a good judge are you.

Watch the games he played for us back in the day. No superstar, but great club man and a great defender.

Good luck Chris.
Not a good judge are you. I agree with Tiger78. So many people live in the past. Heighington was good for us. Now, not so much.

I bet if we string a few wins together, some wanker reporter will ask Benji, does it feel like ‘05 again?
Let's make the Tigers great again!

User avatar
innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 24997
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....
Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 134 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Sat 14 Oct, 2017 9:59 am

Well.... Heighnos got another premiership ring while all our blokes have are extra stamps in their passports dated September... He must be doing something right

Post Reply

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”