Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 39 times

Re: Cronk - Roosters Official..

Unread post by NT Tiger » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 6:33 am

king sirro wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 5:34 am
TYGA wrote:
Mon 30 Oct, 2017 9:39 pm
A lot of hype about the Roosters but Cowboys are a much stronger side. Their cap goes under the radar.
1. Coote 2. Feldt 3. ONeil 4. Linett 5. Winterstein 6. Morgan 7. Thurston 8. Scott 9. Granville 10. McLean 11. Cooper 12 Lowe 13 Taumololo 14. Hess 15. Bolton 16. TMM 17. Asiata 18. Bowen 19. Hampton 20. Fensom 21. Mosby
You never know but it looks like a 2 horse race.
Your contract is worth much more in Townsville then it is in Sydney. Look at buying on the water in the eastern suburbs compared to on the water in Townsville. Sydney clubs have a huge disadvantage due to the cost of living here. Roosters dont seem to have that disadvantage, yet they are in the most expensive area in the country.
Maybe they have free, or subsidised staff accommodation or fly in fly out?
"Quality Stupidity"

supercoach
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 94 times

Unread post by supercoach » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 8:35 am

You have to wonder how much spirit there is at the Chooks, when Cronk and Teddy walk into the joint on million dollar contracts and there are blokes playing up in the front line on basic pay...or at least we are lead to believe they are on basic money

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 89 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 1:32 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 30 Oct, 2017 9:47 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 30 Oct, 2017 9:26 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Mon 30 Oct, 2017 7:50 pm
Great Signing for the Roosters... Whinge all you like, but they are one of the best when it comes to managing the Salary Cap
Yes. I'm surprised they haven't made a play for Cameron Smith at Hooker.
The have both the Qld and NSW halfbacks, and SOO and NZ frontrow. NSW fullback and winger, The NSW captain in the 2nd row. Surely the could just manage to squeeze the Qld captain under the cap as well.

Oh, and Dylan Napa would love to see SBW back as well.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 7adfb3a901
Judging by there good management of the cap, I wouldnt be surprised if they could fit him in.
Good management my arse! There is a fine line between good management and subtle rorting and with the calibre of players the Roosters have stacked into their team for next season they have crossed that line, imo. It's there for all to see, but they will get away with it because of their high profile backers. God even Melbourne couldn't get away with that!

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 1:46 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 1:32 pm
Tiger Watto wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
Great Signing for the Roosters... Whinge all you like, but they are one of the best when it comes to managing the Salary Cap
The have both the Qld and NSW halfbacks, and SOO and NZ frontrow. NSW fullback and winger, The NSW captain in the 2nd row. Surely the could just manage to squeeze the Qld captain under the cap as well.

Judging by there good management of the cap, I wouldnt be surprised if they could fit him in.
Good management my arse! There is a fine line between good management and subtle rorting and with the calibre of players the Roosters have stacked into their team for next season they have crossed that line, imo. It's there for all to see, but they will get away with it because of their high profile backers. God even Melbourne couldn't get away with that!
This is the rorting part, so many good players under $290K at the Roosters. Ryan Matterson $200,000, Daniel Tupou $220,000, Mitchell Aubusson $280,000, Isaac Liu $200,000, Zane Tetevano $120,000, Sio Siua Taukeiaho $150,000 ,Joseph Manu $150,000, Nat Butcher $200,000, Victor Radley $120,000
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

dazza65
Been liked: 20 times

Unread post by dazza65 » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 2:59 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 1:46 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

This is the rorting part, so many good players under $290K at the Roosters. Ryan Matterson $200,000, Daniel Tupou $220,000, Mitchell Aubusson $280,000, Isaac Liu $200,000, Zane Tetevano $120,000, Sio Siua Taukeiaho $150,000 ,Joseph Manu $150,000, Nat Butcher $200,000, Victor Radley $120,000
obviously because of the infamous Bondi Brown Bag......
----------------------------------------------
Tigers?!? - Driven mad since - 1969-201?

bathursttiger
Has liked: 374 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 3:43 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 1:46 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

According to their cap manager that's how they work, big bucks for the stars nothing for the rest until they become stars themselves.

jirskyr
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 133 times

Unread post by jirskyr » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 3:50 pm

The only upside of this signing is it has turned 90% of non-Roosters fans against the Roosters, if they weren't already.

People will be lining up to take the Roosters out next year and they've become a real villain side - fans will be stoked to see them lose to anyone.

Haven't seen such a disliked side since Broncos 2002 or Manly 1996.

BalmainBoy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Unread post by BalmainBoy » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 4:37 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 3:50 pm
The only upside of this signing is it has turned 90% of non-Roosters fans against the Roosters, if they weren't already.

People will be lining up to take the Roosters out next year and they've become a real villain side - fans will be stoked to see them lose to anyone.

Haven't seen such a disliked side since Broncos 2002 or Manly 1996.
It’s also turned a lot of Roosters fans against the club - especially if they lose Pearce

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times

Unread post by Harvey » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 5:19 pm

Shows what a joke the NRL is. Their major corporate partners are pulling out the "nothing to see here " line and justifying how the roosters can fit every player on the open market under the cap.
This just shows further what a ridiculous, rigged and scripted competition this has become.
Before this was announced the draw was announced. How many 5 day turnarounds do the roosters get next year?
How many top 4 & top 8 sides do they play twice?
Sign up for your club membership now so we can screw you over and use your cash to run a profitable comp that sees the teams supported by the big end of town be successful

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 6:58 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:

of course its good management... The NRL wouldnt of approved it if it wasnt legal.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

bathursttiger
Has liked: 374 times

Unread post by bathursttiger » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 7:07 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:

They pay their players small amounts in the cap and top it up with huge TPA completely legal, but morally bankrupt.
Until the NRL completely change the way that players are valued and a cap on the team value this so called rorting is going to continue.
Rich clubs with rich backers will always beat the poorer clubs that don't have a huge corporate backing.

gallagher
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 60 times

Unread post by gallagher » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 8:27 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 7:07 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

They pay their players small amounts in the cap and top it up with huge TPA completely legal, but morally bankrupt.
Until the NRL completely change the way that players are valued and a cap on the team value this so called rorting is going to continue.
Rich clubs with rich backers will always beat the poorer clubs that don't have a huge corporate backing.
I'm starting to think they will address it after a rationalisation of Sydney clubs.

Spud Murphy

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 8:45 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 6:58 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

of course its good management... The NRL wouldnt of approved it if it wasnt legal.
Yeah right...they're probably getting kickbacks! :lol:

Spud Murphy

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 8:54 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

It's wrong in so many ways and more and more it's becoming a blight on the game.

Furious1
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Unread post by Furious1 » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:33 pm

Ive said it before and i know it's been trialled somewhere,but there must be a points system. How can a current origin player (Fergo) sign for a reduced deal? Its the rort of all rorts and the NRL turn a blind eye. At least if there was a points quota it does 2 things, it doesn't interfere with a players income and it allows the public to see exactly how a player fits into that side without that players wage being made public.
I don't know how to work it out or what the points cap would be be ( but i was no mathematician),somebody out there could do it!!

It begs the question and again ive raised it before, but why should i keep paying memberships and supporting my club financially when it seems like they are only in the comp to give the Roosters, Broncos and Storm a game?
Ive loved this game for nearly 40 years, only im not sure i like it so much any more and if i feel like that i can only imagine what some other people feel.

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 11:47 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 8:27 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:

I'm starting to think they will address it after a rationalisation of Sydney clubs.
I think you may be right Gallagher. Got to take a leaf out of their book if we want to remain competitive in the Sydney market.

Tiger Watto
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 78 times

Unread post by Tiger Watto » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 6:46 am

Telltails wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 11:47 pm
I think you may be right Gallagher. Got to take a leaf out of their book if we want to remain competitive in the Sydney market.
100%... Its like any business. You need to compete or die.

Its time our club got better in this department and started pursuing smarter management of the salary cap!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 258 times
Been liked: 395 times

Unread post by Geo. » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 7:29 am

Tiger Watto wrote:
Wed 01 Nov, 2017 6:46 am
Telltails wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 11:47 pm
100%... Its like any business. You need to compete or die.

Its time our club got better in this department and started pursuing smarter management of the salary cap!
Wait a second ..then we may rise from mediocrity and that will never do...

Every now and then I hear the voice of Noice in my head...the Man U of the NRL he said...waiting...

The Roosters, Broncos, Storm are the Man City, Chelsea and Tottenhams..We are West Ham...making up the numbers...

Or you can complain and waaaaa about it...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”