Mitchell Pearce

NRL and other Australian Rugby League Discussion
Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Re: Mitchell Pearce

Unread post by Telltails » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 3:28 pm

Should go hard after Pearce. Moylan will be concerned especially if he had his sights on Manly now Pearce could be on the market - this may also force his hand.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 3:41 pm

colmcd wrote:
Thu 26 Oct, 2017 8:46 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 26 Oct, 2017 8:06 am
tigerap wrote:
Thu 26 Oct, 2017 7:46 am
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 26 Oct, 2017 5:44 am

Sorry mate that's just rubbish... This all wouldn't be happening if Cronk stayed in Melbourne
I'd love him here... We should be looking at signing him if he's on the outer
Hmm..This wouldn't be happening if the Rorters were happy with Pearce..Admittedly Pearce is better than what we have, if we take him then we have the problem of what to do with Brooks who we signed for 2 years....I suppose the Rorters could sign Brooks up too.
I was never in favour of Brooks getting about $450K a season for 2 years, give him $350K for one and either performs or out. Farah could be on about $450K this year and is twice the half back that Luke and Mitch will ever be judging at this stage. Now about Pearce - we love his baggage, keeps the place interesting. I don't think he has a bad record in treating the ladies that is the most important thing. I was most impressed that when drunk he still obeyed the owner of that unit and left when requested. If the dog did not put a complaint in they no harm done.
Agreed for 450K Farah trumps Brooks by far. Farah does NOT trump Mitchell as a halfback, ROfL.

Hope Brooks does come good, with a decent structure and a good 5/8 he should start to perform. He was able to put points on the board with Marshall and Austin so lets see what happens with Reynolds.
He was able to play well with Anasta.
his best level he's got to otherwise was adequate at best, and the juries still out for some of us as to whether Reynolds might have enough struggles of his own to be anyone' else's saviour.
Of the ones supposed to be his 5/8, I wouldn't be surprised if Benjii ends up there.
We had to pay overs for Reynolds. I don't recall other clubs lining up to sign him.
And the club that he "Loves" certainly didn't want him

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 88 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 4:22 pm

Telltails wrote:
Mon 30 Oct, 2017 3:28 pm
Should go hard after Pearce. Moylan will be concerned especially if he had his sights on Manly now Pearce could be on the market - this may also force his hand.
Pearce won't be going anywhere.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 153 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 4:26 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 30 Oct, 2017 4:22 pm
Telltails wrote:
Someone has to move. You don't move on one decent forward, a bench forward, a kid and a has been outside back and sign two blokes for two million. Especially when Pearce already has a registered contract and will threaten Cronk's signing. Cronk will come under the cap at top dollar, they won't be able to chuck squillions of TPA's at him to temper it out because he's still at the top of his game and will have a hefty price attached under the cap.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Telltails

Unread post by Telltails » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 4:52 pm

Just cant see Pearce coming off the bench and being happy with that - and if we can teach the Roosters anything having a discontented senior player in your squad can be very distracting for all those around them even if they say otherwise.

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 4:56 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Telltails wrote:
So they're going to have the NSW and Qld halfbacks in the same NRL side?
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

WestsBenTigers
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 74 times

Unread post by WestsBenTigers » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 5:07 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 30 Oct, 2017 4:56 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Telltails wrote:
So they're going to have the NSW and Qld halfbacks in the same NRL side?
And the NSW fullback

Harvey
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 84 times

Unread post by Harvey » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 5:31 pm

Pearce off, Cronk's in

FreddyK
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by FreddyK » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 10:06 pm

Cronk laying out some bull-dust about wanting Pearce to stay. Yeah I am sure that Cronk had Pearce's best interest at stake, State player gets pushed to the bench or the Cup. Big slap in the face by Easts to a very loyal club player. Pearce must walk.

TYGA
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by TYGA » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 10:22 pm

Pearce has to leave he’s 28, played origin and won a premiership. Cronk coming in as a mentor is not only insulting but in my view intentionally moving Pearce on. Exactly the reaction Roosters would be seeking they need Pearce money to sign a front rower and utility.

It’s a black eye to the NRL salary cap the stacked roster the Roosters always have and the zero they spend on grass roots.

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 88 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Mon 30 Oct, 2017 10:53 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 30 Oct, 2017 4:26 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Telltails wrote:
Someone has to move. You don't move on one decent forward, a bench forward, a kid and a has been outside back and sign two blokes for two million. Especially when Pearce already has a registered contract and will threaten Cronk's signing. Cronk will come under the cap at top dollar, they won't be able to chuck squillions of TPA's at him to temper it out because he's still at the top of his game and will have a hefty price attached under the cap.
Perhaps someone has to move, but it won't be Pearce. I see his future as either a 5/8 or hooker. If anyone is going to be forced out (and I doubt that they will) it would most likely be Friend.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 6:09 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Telltails wrote:
Neither will Brooks... We've seen his best, only takes on the line when it suits.
We should sniff out someone better

Telltails

Unread post by Telltails » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 7:41 am

A risk of unsettling the squad if Pearce stays. We mighten be able to teach the Roosters much but having a disgruntled senior player in your squad who is being overlooked for a new more favoured player..might look good on paper . While we dont appear to be an option between Manly Sharks and even Newcastle .. Pearce and the Roosters may be wise to part ways.

palms
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Unread post by palms » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 7:56 am

If a player like Pearce comes onto the market it's a no brainer to chase him hard. We have the cap room and he is a proven star at NRL level. He would be the perfect foil for Reynolds.
But we have Brooks? So what - the Roosters have Pearce and they still got Cronk.

Russell
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 123 times

Unread post by Russell » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 8:41 am

Magnus wrote:
Mon 30 Oct, 2017 1:17 pm
851 wrote:
Mon 30 Oct, 2017 1:04 pm
Geo. wrote:
Mon 30 Oct, 2017 7:43 am
colmcd wrote:
Sun 29 Oct, 2017 11:41 pm

Joel Thompson would be on my list. I don't know who will Lure Pearce, but i suspect a roundabout leading Maloney to sign with Newcastle!

Either way who cares?

We have halfback covered with Marshall and Moses, 5/8 covered with Reynolds and our Centers reasonably well covered. We are a little weak on the wings but have 2 starting wingers so my thoughts are to boost the forwards or wait. Lets see who stretches their cap and make an offer.

Whaaaat...Moses is coming back... :?

Well it doesn't appear who other Clubs have at present..they seem to target quality players when the come available...Pearce to Manly ..Moylan to Manly ..read it in the paper...
That is right Geo, good clubs always look to upgrade when the opportunity arises, we need to do the same or we will never catch up, waiting for players to develop for 4 seasons is a sure way to miss the 8.
I doubt moses is coming back. HIs father is a die hard eel
I'm sure we would not have done that if we had money to buy players.

Now that we do - it has been a different ball game.

05TIGZ
Has liked: 107 times
Been liked: 48 times

Unread post by 05TIGZ » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:02 am

The roosters want Pearce to stay and come of the bench as a utility. Which = Pearce your welcome to leave go see what’s out there. I reckon we have a shot at him, concords not that far from the city and he gets to run a Team with an exciting forward pack and gets Reynolds as his 5/8.

Fibros
Been liked: 8 times

Unread post by Fibros » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:10 am

The rorters were minor permiers in 13,14,15 and 15th without Pearce the year he was suspended for banging a dog.

Maybe Cronk is a cat lover but the bar has been set fairly high by Pearce.

innsaneink
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 273 times
Been liked: 224 times

Unread post by innsaneink » Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:18 am

Fibros wrote:
Tue 31 Oct, 2017 9:10 am
The rorters were minor permiers in 13,14,15 and 15th without Pearce the year he was suspended for banging a dog.

Maybe Cronk is a cat lover but the bar has been set fairly high by Pearce.
They were also with out half the rest of the team... But anyway... We should be enquiring

Return to “National Rugby League”