Unread post by Russell » Sun 05 Nov, 2017 1:38 pm

851 wrote:
Sun 05 Nov, 2017 11:18 am
colmcd wrote:
Sun 05 Nov, 2017 9:22 am
sheer64 wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:23 pm
So Pearce to the Sharks?
Looks like Moylan is going to the Sharks and Maloney is going to the Panthers.

Peter Wallace maintains that his preferred positions is Hooker......

Sharks still hunting for Pearce, which would suck for Townsend as I know he has played his heart for the spot.

Guessing the sharks must be using cap room from Gallen and Lewis.
Gallen and Lewis are both there next year, Dugan is on way more than Bird was, Moylan will be on more than Maloney was on, the sharks have one of those caps we can only dream of.
Aw! they plenty of cap left - they have released Irving Schwartz from Como/Janali C grade so they are looking for a few more marquee players 851.

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Sun 05 Nov, 2017 3:22 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 04 Nov, 2017 6:38 am
hammertime wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 9:06 pm
Amazing that Nikorima is in trouble just after the roosters have signed Cronk... uncle nick trying to free up some cap space again!
Yeah, it should free up about 50 bucks,

Not according to the rorters - they reckon he is on 350k - and Taukeiaho is only on 150k - laughable - the NRL is a total joke. They apparently are moving Nik and Pearce to make way for Crichton. And apparently Cronulla budgeted for an 8.4 mil Cap ( LOL ) and now its 9.6 mil and they offloaded Bird and Gallen took a pay cut so they have close to 2 mill to spend. Then you have the Broncs signing Matt Lodge for 85k a season. I'm over this sport - its quite obvious there are 2 sets of rules - one for the NRL darlings and one for the rest.

AnnandaleTiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by AnnandaleTiger » Sun 05 Nov, 2017 5:07 pm

Lodge is probably a 2nd tier contract. Let’s see how these teams go,money doesn’t necessarily equal results.

However does strengthen the odds

TigersBusDriver
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 40 times

Unread post by TigersBusDriver » Sun 05 Nov, 2017 5:14 pm

Roosters have money for Jarryd Hayne if Mitchell Pearce and Jayden Nikorima leave
Adrian Proszenko
FOLLOW ON TWITTER
48 reading now Show comments
Tedesco. Cronk. Hayne?

The Roosters will have the salary cap space available to make a play for Jarryd Hayne if they get Mitchell Pearce and Jayden Nikorima off their books.

Eyebrows have already been raised about the Roosters' ability to fit marquee men Cooper Cronk and James Tedesco into a star-studded side that has been installed as premiership favourites. However, the tricolours will have even more cash to splash if two of their contracted playmakers move on.

Pearce is weighing up his options during an overseas holiday, but has told those close to him he is seriously contemplating leaving Bondi Junction. The NSW No.7 is unimpressed about the prospect of playing second fiddle to Cronk after steering the team around the park for a decade.

---

Anyone who thinks the Roosters are not rorting the cap and simply have good financial management are kidding themselves. If this is true, and the Roosters are able to sign at least one more decent first-grade player, then I will lose complete interest in the competition. No point wasting time watching a one-team comp.

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 88 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Sun 05 Nov, 2017 8:48 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 05 Nov, 2017 5:14 pm
Roosters have money for Jarryd Hayne if Mitchell Pearce and Jayden Nikorima leave
Adrian Proszenko
FOLLOW ON TWITTER
Tedesco. Cronk. Hayne?

The Roosters will have the salary cap space available to make a play for Jarryd Hayne if they get Mitchell Pearce and Jayden Nikorima off their books.

Eyebrows have already been raised about the Roosters' ability to fit marquee men Cooper Cronk and James Tedesco into a star-studded side that has been installed as premiership favourites. However, the tricolours will have even more cash to splash if two of their contracted playmakers move on.

Pearce is weighing up his options during an overseas holiday, but has told those close to him he is seriously contemplating leaving Bondi Junction. The NSW No.7 is unimpressed about the prospect of playing second fiddle to Cronk after steering the team around the park for a decade.

---

Anyone who thinks the Roosters are not rorting the cap and simply have good financial management are kidding themselves. If this is true, and the Roosters are able to sign at least one more decent first-grade player, then I will lose complete interest in the competition. No point wasting time watching a one-team comp.

Don't worry mate, they will spend themselves into oblivion one day and hopefully we'll never have to hear about them anymore.

He who wants everything every time will lose everything any time.
Vikrant Parsai

TigersBusDriver

Unread post by TigersBusDriver » Sun 05 Nov, 2017 9:36 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 05 Nov, 2017 8:48 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Adrian Proszenko
FOLLOW ON TWITTER
Tedesco. Cronk. Hayne?

---

Don't worry mate, they will spend themselves into oblivion one day and hopefully we'll never have to hear about them anymore.

Vikrant Parsai
One can only pray.

TigersBusDriver

Unread post by TigersBusDriver » Sun 05 Nov, 2017 9:36 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 05 Nov, 2017 8:48 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Adrian Proszenko
FOLLOW ON TWITTER
Tedesco. Cronk. Hayne?

---

Vikrant Parsai
One can only pray.

diedpretty
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Unread post by diedpretty » Sun 05 Nov, 2017 9:43 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Sun 05 Nov, 2017 5:07 pm
Lodge is probably a 2nd tier contract. Let’s see how these teams go,money doesn’t necessarily equal results.

He is reportedly in their top 30. My point is how many chances do these clowns get - obviously a lot more if one of the NRL darlings want them.

colmcd
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 58 times

Unread post by colmcd » Sun 05 Nov, 2017 11:23 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Sun 05 Nov, 2017 9:43 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:

He is reportedly in their top 30. My point is how many chances do these clowns get - obviously a lot more if one of the NRL darlings want them.
Yea, Lodge.... I can only stand the thought of him playing and earning a wage as that will be sequestered to his victims back in America.

Cultured Bogan
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 157 times

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 8:14 am

Easts will come back to the pack the day Politis kicks the bucket. Without him they're nothing.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 8:15 am

If Cronulla and Easts still have cap room to offer Crichton and Hayne respectively, we must have about three million left in our cap.
I swing like hell but know full well that I won't win the fight, but big man I'm the beta male that's gonna ruin your night...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

AnnandaleTiger
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 7 times

Unread post by AnnandaleTiger » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 8:34 am

Crichton would be for 2019, they would need to release some more players then one would imagine.

Tigerdon
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 8:42 am

colmcd wrote:
Sun 05 Nov, 2017 11:23 pm
diedpretty wrote:
Sun 05 Nov, 2017 9:43 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:

Yea, Lodge.... I can only stand the thought of him playing and earning a wage as that will be sequestered to his victims back in America.
I was listening to Roy & HG on the weekend. They were saying how the NewYork team should try and sign Lodge because of his “what r u looking at!!” Attitude .
I’m not sure if he’s actually allowed back in NYC.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

NT Tiger
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 8:44 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 06 Nov, 2017 8:14 am
Easts will come back to the pack the day Politis kicks the bucket. Without him they're nothing.
I'm not sure about that. He might be the grand poobah but, if all the chat is correct, there seem to be plenty of other willing contributors.
"Quality Stupidity"

avocadoontoast
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 42 times

Unread post by avocadoontoast » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 8:48 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 06 Nov, 2017 8:15 am
If Cronulla and Easts still have cap room to offer Crichton and Hayne respectively, we must have about three million left in our cap.
That's what I was thinking too. Reportedly our highest paid player is Reynolds ($750k) followed by Packer ($650k) and yet by all accounts we only have $800k or so left to play with.

I'd be interested to see a breakdown of Cronulla's cap too, especially if they get Pearce..

Cultured Bogan

Unread post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 9:25 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 06 Nov, 2017 8:44 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
I'm not sure about that. He might be the grand poobah but, if all the chat is correct, there seem to be plenty of other willing contributors.
They certainly do, but he's the glue. Without him there I'm not sure the others would be so willing.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

NT Tiger
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 39 times

Unread post by NT Tiger » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 9:34 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 06 Nov, 2017 9:25 am
NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 06 Nov, 2017 8:44 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
They certainly do, but he's the glue. Without him there I'm not sure the others would be so willing.
Yeah. That's what I meant by grand poobah. You may be correct that the others won't be interested enough to put on the silly hat.
"Quality Stupidity"

Telltails
Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 46 times

Unread post by Telltails » Mon 06 Nov, 2017 10:52 am

avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 06 Nov, 2017 8:48 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 06 Nov, 2017 8:15 am
That's what I was thinking too. Reportedly our highest paid player is Reynolds ($750k) followed by Packer ($650k) and yet by all accounts we only have $800k or so left to play with.

I'd be1 interested to see a breakdown of Cronulla's cap too, especially if they get Pearce..
Reynolds reportedly 3,2mil over four years and Matulino reportedly on 700k a year, although I have seen others quote other figures on Matulino.

Return to “National Rugby League”