Re: Nathan Cleary

Post by happy tiger » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 4:07 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 21 Feb, 2018 1:54 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 8:57 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 8:36 pm
Griffin is poison, wouldn't be surprised if Cleary wants out early either.

Griffin is a disgusting human being
This is why forums have a bad rap among NRL people
I've told the story before , just know I'll get accused of name dropping again

When he was sacked at the Broncos he took up a position at the CQ Capras

Jason Hetherington was the coach , I had known Hetherington for many years , when he first came down from the country he went to the Ipswich Jets and I met him through various friends I still had involved at the Jets

When Jason came back to CQ he ended up in Gladstone and our sons were in the same class at school

Long story short , the Capras weren't doing very well (crap roster )but Jason is a lovely bloke , typical country boy , loved by all

His wife unfortunately got diagnosed with breast cancer , so instead of sacking him , Griffin asked him to resign and say the reason was his wife to save the fallout that would become attached as it had just become public about his wife

He told a group of us this at the JH Cup

I don't know about you Ink , but that falls in the lowest of low categories for me , I hope rick with the silent P doesn't get within 1000 light years of our club

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 4:28 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 21 Feb, 2018 4:07 pm
innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Jason Hetherington was the coach , I had known Hetherington for many years , when he first came down from the country he went to the Ipswich Jets and I met him through various friends I still had involved at the Jets

When Jason came back to CQ he ended up in Gladstone and our sons were in the same class at school

Long story short , the Capras weren't doing very well (crap roster )but Jason is a lovely bloke , typical country boy , loved by all

His wife unfortunately got diagnosed with breast cancer , so instead of sacking him , Griffin asked him to resign and say the reason was his wife to save the fallout that would become attached as it had just become public about his wife

I don't know about you Ink , but that falls in the lowest of low categories for me , I hope rick with the silent P doesn't get within 1000 light years of our club
Explains your strong language. Probably best not to air that sort of stuff on a forum tbh. I have heard worse about JT but refrained irrespective of my dislike of him as our coach.
It does however provide insight into the roster changes at Penrith.

BodhiTiger

Post by BodhiTiger » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 4:35 pm

willow wrote:
Wed 21 Feb, 2018 2:39 pm
851 wrote:
Wed 21 Feb, 2018 2:34 pm
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/21/ale ... s-crucial/
Alexander saying he hopes to keep Cleary, but his dad is his dad, said he hopes Tigers go really poor this year so Nathan won't want to join his dad.
No mention of other teams stealing Nathan, think the pennies might be a tad concerned.
As well they should be. If we miss out on Cleary it won't be because of money and it won't be through lack of effort from the club. We need an upward trend with results on the field to make this happen IMO.
My thoughts exactly. I think this years results for the Tigers will have a huge bearing on where Nathan ends up.
The TIgers are going to be in the ball park with monetary compensation for his services, so that only really leaves experiencing the highs with a successful club; Grand Finals etc. If we aren't showing promise by the end of this year, as a dad Ivan wouldn't be encouraging his son to come to our club. But if we are moving forward, anything could happen.
But as we will be grand finalists this year, you can lock Nathan in for a Wests Tigers future. :D
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

TSupps05

Post by TSupps05 » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 4:51 pm

BodhiTiger wrote:
Wed 21 Feb, 2018 4:35 pm
willow wrote:
851 wrote:
Alexander saying he hopes to keep Cleary, but his dad is his dad, said he hopes Tigers go really poor this year so Nathan won't want to join his dad.
No mention of other teams stealing Nathan, think the pennies might be a tad concerned.
As well they should be. If we miss out on Cleary it won't be because of money and it won't be through lack of effort from the club. We need an upward trend with results on the field to make this happen IMO.
My thoughts exactly. I think this years results for the Tigers will have a huge bearing on where Nathan ends up.
The TIgers are going to be in the ball park with monetary compensation for his services, so that only really leaves experiencing the highs with a successful club; Grand Finals etc. If we aren't showing promise by the end of this year, as a dad Ivan wouldn't be encouraging his son to come to our club. But if we are moving forward, anything could happen.
But as we will be grand finalists this year, you can lock Nathan in for a Wests Tigers future. :D
To me if the Tigers go well the spine will be smashing it. If Brooks and Reynolds are performing week in and week out, doesn't that leave us in a hard place to put Nathan Cleary in? Don't get me wrong i would take him in a heartbeat, but if we do poor-ish 10th and lower, that gives us more the reason for Nathan to sign to ship Brooks out!!
I don't know why but Braith Anasta pisses me off :mrgreen:

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 5:00 pm

TSupps05 wrote:
Wed 21 Feb, 2018 4:51 pm
BodhiTiger wrote:
willow wrote:
851 wrote:
To me if the Tigers go well the spine will be smashing it. If Brooks and Reynolds are performing week in and week out, doesn't that leave us in a hard place to put Nathan Cleary in? Don't get me wrong i would take him in a heartbeat, but if we do poor-ish 10th and lower, that gives us more the reason for Nathan to sign to ship Brooks out!!
Not at all best case scenario is Brooks has a blinder, Panthers tank and we make the finals and sign Cleary in the offseason. Player swap would be best option for both clubs and at worst you could negotiate a good trade for a gun halfback. It’s unlilely with Brooks but the better he goes it will create opportunities either way.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 5:50 pm

Soo if Brooks is going good you still want to get rid of him...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 6:45 pm

How long do we have to wait for Brooks to blossom? The press talked up his effort in the trial against the cowboys but he was woeful. Same old kicks that canon over the dead ball line and a pass way behind our backline when attacking. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe Thurston scooped up a Brooks pass (which landed in no-mans-land) for the cowboys score a long distance try. I know it was only a trial but the same old traits were on display.

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 7:01 pm

Not sure it's a case of not wanting Brooks but more so having a marque player of NC at WT. I am a Brooks fan but would it not be a good business practise to go for NC.

Same with Tui and RTS. Tui will fit in anywhere but where do you play Brooks if NC is signed? Not ISP for 500k a season.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

Snake

Post by Snake » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 7:07 pm

Fibros wrote:
Wed 21 Feb, 2018 7:01 pm
Not sure it's a case of not wanting Brooks but more so having a marque player of NC at WT. I am a Brooks fan but would it not be a good business practise to go for NC.

Same with Tui and RTS. Tui will fit in anywhere but where do you play Brooks if NC is signed? Not ISP for 500k a season.
Lets make that a million for NC

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 7:18 pm

Fibros wrote:

A marshmallow fits in anywhere as well.

Would marshmallow rivets be just as good for the harbour bridge. :lol:

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 7:28 pm

innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Going to assume you're referring to Happy. I am referring to Griffin merely in a professional capacity because it is quite clear players are happy to leave the club. I have heard he's an old school coach which obviously doesn't suit the delicate egoes that run around in the game.

Some could say the same about Wests with our "big" three.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

BodhiTiger

Post by BodhiTiger » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 7:31 pm

TSupps05 wrote:
Wed 21 Feb, 2018 4:51 pm
BodhiTiger wrote:
willow wrote:
851 wrote:
Yeah agree, if Brooks is going good and the team is going good why would you get rid of him. But if Cleary is going Great and he can make the Tigers Great, I think I would make the swap. Bit like the rooters getting rid of Pearce for Cronk. Good to great.
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 7:35 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 21 Feb, 2018 7:18 pm
Fibros wrote:

One Marshmallow would be fine as a rivet in the Harbour Bridge. There are approx. 6 million rivets in the bridge. On hot days the bridge can expand the height of the arch by as much as 18cm. So a marshmallow would be helpful in the expansion/contraction
in Ivan we distrust

Don Kershane

Post by Don Kershane » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 8:04 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 12 Dec, 2017 7:46 am
I don't think Ivan is the sort of bloke who would put himself over his boy. If he thinks the best move Nathan can make is to Wests I am sure he'll tell him, just as I think if he thinks that the best career move is for Nathan to take a deal at Easts/Cronulla/Melbourne/etc he'll probably tell him to do so.

The Chooks will go hard for Cleary Jnr and if Melbourne's half doesn't work out they may be in the mix as well so we'll be very much up against it. Will probably need some good external third party money floating around (and a good showing in 2018/2019,) to sew him up.
Ivan would certainly get first hand knowledge of the type of deals the usual suspects will be offering when Nathan starts fielding offers. This may make some suitors uncomfortable . The obvious solution would be to try to secure them both depending on their status at the time.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 9:04 pm

Don Kershane wrote:
Wed 21 Feb, 2018 8:04 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 12 Dec, 2017 7:46 am
I don't think Ivan is the sort of bloke who would put himself over his boy. If he thinks the best move Nathan can make is to Wests I am sure he'll tell him, just as I think if he thinks that the best career move is for Nathan to take a deal at Easts/Cronulla/Melbourne/etc he'll probably tell him to do so.

The Chooks will go hard for Cleary Jnr and if Melbourne's half doesn't work out they may be in the mix as well so we'll be very much up against it. Will probably need some good external third party money floating around (and a good showing in 2018/2019,) to sew him up.
Ivan would certainly get first hand knowledge of the type of deals the usual suspects will be offering when Nathan starts fielding offers. This may make some suitors uncomfortable . The obvious solution would be to try to secure them both depending on their status at the time.
FYI, I never said that.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 9:34 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 21 Feb, 2018 7:18 pm
Fibros wrote:

Not sure what to think about your logic. Did Joey Johns fit in to DH for NSW? Did Lockyer fit in to 5/8? But maybe your right cuz IC seems to think Tui fits in to ISP this week anyway.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 10:25 pm

TYGA wrote:
Wed 21 Feb, 2018 4:28 pm
happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Explains your strong language. Probably best not to air that sort of stuff on a forum tbh. I have heard worse about JT but refrained irrespective of my dislike of him as our coach.
Nah. Name and shame is the go if someone has done something that despicable.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Wed 21 Feb, 2018 10:27 pm

Sabre wrote:
Wed 21 Feb, 2018 10:25 pm
TYGA wrote:
Wed 21 Feb, 2018 4:28 pm
happy tiger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Nah. Name and shame is the go if someone has done something that despicable.
I like the red text might have to play around with the editing function myself.