Re: Nathan Cleary

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

The Patriot wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:05 pm
greatodensraven wrote:
Fri 23 Feb, 2018 8:36 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Fri 23 Feb, 2018 3:46 pm
Just hang on, tread slowly... Gamble looked good in that one trial.
So did a certain Mr Brooks who set the world on fire in his first NRL game (well he had some lucky ball bounces really and some other good fortune/play) but has not stepped up like we all have hoped he would since.

Gamble could be an awesome player, and I like most if not all of us hope he will be, for us the WT. But slowly does it...

Edit: This comment is not directed at odensraven, he (or she) was treading carefully, just in reading that comment I started to get a bit ahead of myself and my comment is trying to reel me in really.
No dramas TT & I agree, steady as she goes. The best outcome for the Tigers would be we see a formidable Brooks/Reynolds partnership with Benji adding spark off the bench. Meanwhile Gamble learns the trade in ISP before taking that utility spot in ‘19 after the king (BM) lifts the trophy for us in October.

15 more sleeps
Learns the trade and play the utility role in 2019?

You obviously have no idea how good Gamble is. Just crazy to suggest he will have to wait a season just to play a bench role.

I saw him live at the last trial, he wants this so bad. His talents and mental drive are things this club has been missing. He will force the coaches hand soon enough
Who’d Gamble go against Newtown?
I didn’t see the game.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Tue 27 Feb, 2018 10:08 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 27 Feb, 2018 8:39 am
The Patriot wrote:
Sun 25 Feb, 2018 9:05 pm
greatodensraven wrote:
Fri 23 Feb, 2018 8:36 pm
TigerTiger wrote:
Fri 23 Feb, 2018 3:46 pm
Just hang on, tread slowly... Gamble looked good in that one trial.
So did a certain Mr Brooks who set the world on fire in his first NRL game (well he had some lucky ball bounces really and some other good fortune/play) but has not stepped up like we all have hoped he would since.

Gamble could be an awesome player, and I like most if not all of us hope he will be, for us the WT. But slowly does it...

Edit: This comment is not directed at odensraven, he (or she) was treading carefully, just in reading that comment I started to get a bit ahead of myself and my comment is trying to reel me in really.
No dramas TT & I agree, steady as she goes. The best outcome for the Tigers would be we see a formidable Brooks/Reynolds partnership with Benji adding spark off the bench. Meanwhile Gamble learns the trade in ISP before taking that utility spot in ‘19 after the king (BM) lifts the trophy for us in October.

15 more sleeps
Learns the trade and play the utility role in 2019?

You obviously have no idea how good Gamble is. Just crazy to suggest he will have to wait a season just to play a bench role.

I saw him live at the last trial, he wants this so bad. His talents and mental drive are things this club has been missing. He will force the coaches hand soon enough
Who’d Gamble go against Newtown?
I didn’t see the game.
Quiet, like the whole team. Didn't do anything good or bad, just didn't really do anything....

Elderslie Tiger

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 7:32 am

Interesting to hear Josh Massoud on Big Sports Breakfast yesterday saying the RORTERS were only interested in signing Nathan and not interested in Ivan

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 7:36 am

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Fri 23 Mar, 2018 7:32 am
Interesting to hear Josh Massoud on Big Sports Breakfast yesterday saying the RORTERS were only interested in signing Nathan and not interested in Ivan
Just trying to keep Robbo calm till the papers are signed. Would you trust anything from the Roosters?
"Quality Stupidity"

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 7:44 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Fri 23 Mar, 2018 7:36 am
Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Just trying to keep Robbo calm till the papers are signed. Would you trust anything from the Roosters?
Ha. Robbo has the full support of the Board (which is Nick).

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 7:58 am

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Nick also swore not to negotiate with Isaac Moses clietnts after Mitch backflipped.

Post by 851 » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 1:18 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Fri 23 Mar, 2018 7:36 am
Elderslie Tiger wrote:
You are right there, the rorters are chasing Mansour and Cleary jnr, they lie and they cheat, I wish so much ill will on them. If karma would catch up with them that would be the best thing since the 05 grand final
Go hard or go home

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 1:25 pm

Nathan Cleary isn't going to come out and undersell himself and say I want to play for dad of course

He will want to get the best offer he can from any interested parties , if the WT's are around that mark he will probably sign

Lets hope we have a TPA stashed away for a rainy day in regards to his signing

That being all said we are still two seasons away , a lot can happen in that time

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 1:57 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 23 Mar, 2018 1:25 pm
Nathan Cleary isn't going to come out and undersell himself and say I want to play for dad of course

He will want to get the best offer he can from any interested parties , if the WT's are around that mark he will probably sign

That being all said we are still two seasons away , a lot can happen in that time
Technically have until November, but still a long time in Rugby League

jrtiger

Post by jrtiger » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 2:29 pm

happy tiger wrote:

Tigers are in a better position than anyone to sign him MONEY-wise, not even with the lure of his Dad already being at the club. Take that to the bank, not even the Roosters can compete with what we have in our cap for 2020 and beyond.

Clearyweareone

Post by Clearyweareone » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 2:49 pm

If we really want Nathan Cleary and he is prepared to play under his Father we will be in the box seat.

Apparently Ivan has a younger son who is killing it in his age division so a very talented family

Post by 851 » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 3:53 pm

happy tiger wrote:

Happy if we were to sign him to a long deal in november, he may end up here a year early :pray:
Go hard or go home

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 5:54 pm

They are in a unique position though.
Just suppose that a cashed up club or two isnt happy with their current Coach, and are interested in one of the best halves in the game as well as a TOP Coach
The halfback doesnt have to undersell himself in any way. He can still sell his services for top price.
They may intend to pay the Coach a mill per season (or whatever is the going rate at that time)

Thats where the uniqueness( if there is such a word), comes in.

lets say that one of the above mentioned clubs, is agreeable to pay the Half top price and so is another club, They cant go higher than the Cap allows. Officially

BUT, if one of the club is happy to pay extra money to the Coach, whose contract isnt covered by the Cap( i think thats still the situation) say half a mill.
Whose to know where that extra money would wind up. A good accountant would not have much trouble in muddying the waters.

It would be a big attraction to the Coach and player, and mostly, if not completely, it wouldnt be illegal,
it ALSO wouldnt present any problems for the Cap either
Maybe I've got it wrong, but I cant see why there would be a problem.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 6:11 pm

jrtiger wrote:
Fri 23 Mar, 2018 2:29 pm
happy tiger wrote:

Tigers are in a better position than anyone to sign him MONEY-wise, not even with the lure of his Dad already being at the club. Take that to the bank, not even the Roosters can compete with what we have in our cap for 2020 and beyond.
IS the Roosters giving all their money to charity next year :D

marzie

Post by marzie » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 7:49 pm

Only just switched it on and missed what happened but he's sitting on the sideline with ice on the knee

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 7:51 pm

marzie wrote:
Fri 23 Mar, 2018 7:49 pm
Only just switched it on and missed what happened but he's sitting on the sideline with ice on the knee
Mcl

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 8:00 pm

He did it halfway through the first half and didn't return after the half time break. ABC Grandstand said 3-5 weeks.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 23 Mar, 2018 8:04 pm

Can understand why he was crying, I've had buckethandle tears in both my meniscuses (sp?) and they were were horribly painful, bone on bone 24/7.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...