Nathan Cleary

Elderslie Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri 28 Apr, 2017 4:09 pm

Re: Nathan Cleary

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 9:33 am

With Maloney out for the next 3 weeks it will be interesting how Nathan handles His team


supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7159
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 1:08 pm

Nathan has come up through the juniors, okay only since they left NZ, but there are plenty of guys he has spent most of his football career at Penrith and on top of that they have a strong roster and the near future looks good. He has been playing under Gould’s watch since he came into grade and there certainly doesn’t seem to be any issues re what happened to Ivan. Anyway I seriously can not see him going anywhere in the next two years. After that it is anyone’s guess

User avatar
Mighty Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 852
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:23 pm

Post by Mighty Tiger » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 1:23 pm

Let the kid have his space and play footy.

Hope he kills it

If he one day comes to us awesome

If he stays and becomes a 1 club legend for the Panthers that would be great as well, loyalty is too often a thing of the past these days.

Hope he smashes it either way.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3199
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 1:25 pm

supercoach wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 1:08 pm
Nathan has come up through the juniors, okay only since they left NZ, but there are plenty of guys he has spent most of his football career at Penrith and on top of that they have a strong roster and the near future looks good. He has been playing under Gould’s watch since he came into grade and there certainly doesn’t seem to be any issues re what happened to Ivan. Anyway I seriously can not see him going anywhere in the next two years. After that it is anyone’s guess
Flanagan said there were some coaches he would trust with his son in an interview recently when asked about the prospect of Kyle potentially leaving the Sharks. Obviously no better coach than dad.

Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Donald Trump » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 7:54 pm

I’m not sold on NC. Not worth all this fuss
Let's make the Tigers great again!


Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3199
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:00 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 7:54 pm
I’m not sold on NC. Not worth all this fuss
You're pretty hard to please! What's not to like about him?

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29559
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:11 pm

Not often we get a decent shot at an Origin halfback..... Naah not worth the fuss
No idea

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 10167
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:20 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:11 pm
Not often we get a decent shot at an Origin halfback..... Naah not worth the fuss
No idea
Has potential...
Was a passenger in Origin .
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29559
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:22 pm

He will grow into it...did you expect him to play like he's got a dozen origin caps under his belt?

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33098
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:26 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:20 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:11 pm
Not often we get a decent shot at an Origin halfback..... Naah not worth the fuss
No idea
Has potential...
Was a passenger in Origin .
Well to be fair he's sporting a chin that would make Reese Witherspoon jealous.

User avatar
Tiger Steve
Member
Member
Posts: 1987
Joined: Wed 29 Mar, 2017 5:30 pm
Location: Chatswood West

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:28 pm

In my opinion we already have an origin halfback. Freddy just hasn’t realised it yet!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2757
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:32 pm

Depends on how much he costs - and really dont know how impartial Ivan can be in terms of what Nathan is worth as a player and as his son. If you have a limit to what you offer Nathan who decides how much is enough or too much?
We have had to pay overs to get other players you would assume Nathan if he comes has to be entitled to get the best deal possible. So many more layers to this story yet.

OldMagpie
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun 12 Aug, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by OldMagpie » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:09 am

You can forget Nathan ever coming to the Wests Tigers. Why do you think Penrith have tried hard to sign Ivan, obviously Ivan knows that his son wants to stay at Penrith. So the best way to chance to coach him Would be at Penrith. You will find Ivan will bide his time for two years and then Off he goes. The reason he mentioned in that press conference, that he still wants the coach his son, is so he can justify it when he leaves us. Make no mistake about it.

OldMagpie
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun 12 Aug, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by OldMagpie » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:10 am

You can forget Nathan ever coming to the Wests Tigers. Why do you think Penrith have tried hard to sign Ivan, obviously Ivan knows that his son wants to stay at Penrith. So the best way to chance to coach him Would be at Penrith. You will find Ivan will bide his time for two years and then Off he goes. The reason he mentioned in that press conference, that he still wants the coach his son, is so he can justify it when he leaves us. Make no mistake about it.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4093
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:29 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:28 pm
In my opinion we already have an origin halfback. Freddy just hasn’t realised it yet!
Yeah, I have always been happy enough with Brooks and elated nowadays. Luke is the form half of the NRL over the season, bar none.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6100
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:47 am

OldMagpie wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:09 am
You can forget Nathan ever coming to the Wests Tigers. Why do you think Penrith have tried hard to sign Ivan, obviously Ivan knows that his son wants to stay at Penrith. So the best way to chance to coach him Would be at Penrith. You will find Ivan will bide his time for two years and then Off he goes. The reason he mentioned in that press conference, that he still wants the coach his son, is so he can justify it when he leaves us. Make no mistake about it.
Your statement makes no sense at all.

If Nathan doesn't ever want to come to the Tigers, why did Penrith try so hard to sign his dad to the Panthers? If Nathan is so in love with Penrith, why do they need to sweeten the deal with his dad?

AnnandaleTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 659
Joined: Fri 31 Mar, 2017 9:49 am

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:57 am

and why hasn't he signed already...

OldMagpie
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun 12 Aug, 2018 7:59 pm

Post by OldMagpie » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 12:16 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:47 am
OldMagpie wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:09 am
You can forget Nathan ever coming to the Wests Tigers. Why do you think Penrith have tried hard to sign Ivan, obviously Ivan knows that his son wants to stay at Penrith. So the best way to chance to coach him Would be at Penrith. You will find Ivan will bide his time for two years and then Off he goes. The reason he mentioned in that press conference, that he still wants the coach his son, is so he can justify it when he leaves us. Make no mistake about it.
Your statement makes no sense at all.

If Nathan doesn't ever want to come to the Tigers, why did Penrith try so hard to sign his dad to the Panthers? If Nathan is so in love with Penrith, why do they need to sweeten the deal with his dad?
It makes no sense?????
It makes no sense, they are trying to get Ivan to break his deal in order to make his son happy to sign in at the Panthers. This does not make sense?

Locked