Re: Nathan Cleary

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:55 pm

Demps wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:15 pm
OldMagpie wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 2:00 pm
Dr Ice wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 1:49 pm
He is happy to sign with Penrith, he just wants an iron clad guarantee that his father will be there otherwise he won’t sign! :brick:
So if we give an iron clad guarantee to sign Ivan for 10 years will Nathan sign with us??
NO ! Nathan doesn’t want to play with us. That’s why Ivan was hoping to wiggle his way out ONLY to find the door firmly shut!
That’s why he will hang around for 2 more years. Bet any money Ivan doesn’t sign an extension.
Who are u?

Is this your theory? Or do u have concrete information about this?

We all know the same nonsense we've been told. You know something more?
[/quote]

He read it in a chickens entrails, and then threw a handful of salt over his left shoulder.
There’s nothing better to solve a mystery, other than cutting off four fingers from your right hand.

If they don’t grow back,
You know the answer was ,that your first thoughts were possibly the right ones,
The only drawback is , that it’s impossible to pick your nose on both sides at once,
So he needs to be pretty sure of his facts

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:05 pm

for my 2 cents worth= Nathan C wont come to WT, he will stay at Penrith at least until they have had a good shot at the premiership/s which they are in the midst of now. He knows the routines, he knows the players and the club. I think he will do a 2 year extension and see where the world takes him in 2021. That still gives plenty of time to link up with Ivan if that is still what he/they want to do.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:08 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:07 pm
Said it in the other thread but if we don't get NC

Go hard at Cameron Munster where I think they'd form a better combination with Brooks
Agreed. Can't stand the guy, but if he brought his ability and ridiculously strong competitive attitude to WT, well, reckon I could learn to tolerate him fairly quickly.

I am so over the Nathan train, that the quicker he extends with Penrith, the better.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:24 pm

helmesy wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:45 pm
gallagher wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:42 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:30 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:22 pm

A player like Munster would propel us forward like light speed

Problem is he would chew up alot of money
We would then be relying on Twal Eisenhuth and Aloiai to step up
If they could do that then we would have a great team

MBYE
BROOKS
MUNSTER
LIDDLE

Also add NAPA to our forwards or TAUPAU if money permits and I would be happy
Munster and NC will command the same money

Maybe NC a little more actually...

We could afford him and he would turn us from an okay team to a quality team
Absolutely. He'd be a much better option than Cleary. Might need a big name coach to lure him though.
I can’t see Munster leaving Storm.
Better yet, leaving the Storm to come here :lol:

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:43 pm

I don't like the idea of father and son in one club, it would be a different vibe from the rest of the players and possibly alienate them. They could imagine favouritism etc.. Father and son could fall out over non footy issues???
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:46 pm

formerguest wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:08 pm
teddy23 wrote:

Go hard at Cameron Munster where I think they'd form a better combination with Brooks
Agreed. Can't stand the guy, but if he brought his ability and ridiculously strong competitive attitude to WT, well, reckon I could learn to tolerate him fairly quickly.

I am so over the Nathan train, that the quicker he extends with Penrith, the better.
I cant see Munster leaving Storm- once they get their man, they stay. Same with Addo-Carr- he will never come back to WT. What we want is a younger version of Josh Reynolds- before the injuries took their toll. I know Munster is similar, anyone else out there?

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:52 pm

formerguest wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:08 pm
teddy23 wrote:

X2
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:11 pm

by THE POM » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 9:40 pm

swag tiger wrote: ↑Tue 14 Aug, 2018 9:37 pm
Pom are we chasing any significant names or just players for the ISP team?

Don’t expect anything till the season ends. Majority of targets are still contracted. Things will make sense once announced & if we can get these 2-3 good names over the line.

The more i read POM's cryptic post the more I wonder if Nathan Cleary might be heading this way.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:14 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:11 pm

Don’t expect anything till the season ends. Majority of targets are still contracted. Things will make sense once announced & if we can get these 2-3 good names over the line.

The more i read POM's cryptic post the more I wonder if Nathan Cleary might be heading this way.
Was thinking the exact same thing. “Looking for a back up half” adds to the theory.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:21 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:14 pm
diedpretty wrote:

Was thinking the exact same thing. “Looking for a back up half” adds to the theory.
If Nathan Cleary is a backup half we're doing okay. I'm thinking he more means your Drinkwater types.

That's not to say N Cleary is not a chance - if he wanted to stay for certain at Penrith he could already have done so,

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 12:30 am

A multi million dollar contract could be distracting for Nathan and his team at this point of the comp. Can understand fully why he would wait till after the comp is over. Its not like he needs to worry about securing anyyhing he knows he is wanted, but I would say winning the comp is all he wants to focus on atm..He always said November and he is probably sticking to it.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 5:18 am

Yossarian wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:21 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
diedpretty wrote:

If Nathan Cleary is a backup half we're doing okay. I'm thinking he more means your Drinkwater types.

That's not to say N Cleary is not a chance - if he wanted to stay for certain at Penrith he could already have done so,
Drinkwater's brother is a pretty good footballer currently in the Storm system.

vlad

Post by vlad » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 5:42 am

Telltails wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 12:30 am
A multi million dollar contract could be distracting for Nathan and his team at this point of the comp. Can understand fully why he would wait till after the comp is over. Its not like he needs to worry about securing anyyhing he knows he is wanted, but I would say winning the comp is all he wants to focus on atm..He always said November and he is probably sticking to it.
Yeah because his life is generally distraction free

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 6:35 am

vlad wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 5:42 am
Telltails wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 12:30 am
Yeah because his life is generally distraction free
Well over the prolonged level of interest in the Clearys-but cant see us being free from it for a while yet.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:29 am

The thing people should remember about Nathan is that he was raised by Ivan. The apple wont fall far from the tree.

If he says he will make a decision in November then i would expect he will stick to that. No different to if Ivan said he will make a decision in Novemeber, id say we'd all be sure he will make that decision in Novemeber.
Its an opinion!

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 8:21 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:43 pm
I don't like the idea of father and son in one club, it would be a different vibe from the rest of the players and possibly alienate them. They could imagine favouritism etc.. Father and son could fall out over non footy issues???
Only if there was real favouritism and If your not winning, the papers would also have a field day.

Anyway we already have your father, son and holly spirit in the team and that's worked out ok.

NT Tiger

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 9:20 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
diedpretty wrote:

Yes, those two tidbits stuck in my mind, although to be honest I think prattenparkchild's theory of a 2 year Panthers extension is a good one.
"Quality Stupidity"

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:03 am

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:29 am
The thing people should remember about Nathan is that he was raised by Ivan. The apple wont fall far from the tree.

If he says he will make a decision in November then i would expect he will stick to that. No different to if Ivan said he will make a decision in Novemeber, id say we'd all be sure he will make that decision in Novemeber.
The John Hopoate apple fell a bit further out. Already the Cleary father/son combo is causing commotion - do we really need it for the next umpteen years if Nathan comes here.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)