OldMagpie

Re: Nathan Cleary

Post by OldMagpie » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:30 am

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 6:53 pm

Cameron Munster is also off contract... Munster > Cleary

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:41 pm

Isn’t Munster a left foot kicker and plays predominantly on the left?
Isn’t that going to affect the balance of the team?
Also Munster has been quoted as saying he wants to lose weight and move back to fullback once it’s an option. Billy has announced his retiring this year. Expect Munster to follow on in Billy’s shoes.
Someone hit the nail on the head, a fit Reynolds or a younger Reynolds would be the perfect partner.
Reynolds still has it. How it cut up the Titans with that Try from half way was telling of this. A long period off to rest and redevelop his body may do wonders.
FYI I used to think a young Reynolds was Blake Austin.
Brock Lamb may not be a bad option as a back up, Or the Johns Brother that’s at Newcastle.

Set play

Post by Set play » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:49 am

I think we should pass on cleary and try to get either of the young halfs from Penrith. The money we save could then be used to buy another quality front frower and centre which would give us a much more rounded team. Big name signings just dont seem to pay off for us.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 9:13 am

helmesy wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:45 pm
gallagher wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:42 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:30 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:22 pm

A player like Munster would propel us forward like light speed

Problem is he would chew up alot of money
We would then be relying on Twal Eisenhuth and Aloiai to step up
If they could do that then we would have a great team

MBYE
BROOKS
MUNSTER
LIDDLE

Also add NAPA to our forwards or TAUPAU if money permits and I would be happy
Munster and NC will command the same money

Maybe NC a little more actually...

We could afford him and he would turn us from an okay team to a quality team
Absolutely. He'd be a much better option than Cleary. Might need a big name coach to lure him though.
I can’t see Munster leaving Storm.
Inglis Folau Cronk A Blair Proctor Hoffman!!!

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 9:31 am

We would have to be allowing plenty of cap space to secure Nathan. If he is not coming it would be nice if he/Ivan - in the interest of us moving forward - be forthcoming in letting the club know even if they dont want to publically state anything just yet.. If he is on his way and they know it or well and good - but from the outside looking its like we are in a holding pattern while we wait for the Clearys to make up their mind. If its not going to happen the sooner we know the more active we can be in pursuing other players, and or committ to extending Brooks before he recieves interest elsewhere.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 9:39 am

Telltails wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 9:31 am
We would have to be allowing plenty of cap space to secure Nathan. If he is not coming it would be nice if he/Ivan - in the interest of us moving forward - be forthcoming in letting the club know even if they dont want to publically state anything just yet.. If he is on his way and they know it or well and good - but from the outside looking its like we are in a holding pattern while we wait for the Clearys to make up their mind. If its not going to happen the sooner we know the more active we can be in pursuing other players, and or committ to extending Brooks before he recieves interest elsewhere.
I am sure Ivan has told Pascoe what his plans are, both short term and long term. At present its time to chill out for the next two years and see what Ivan can deliver, by than it may be time to be looking in another direction or maybe Hogo will be ready to take over. IMO I think Nathan Cleary is zero chance of coming to Concord based on the events of the past few weeks..but thats only my slant on things and could be 100% wrong

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 5:05 pm

The money Nathan will command being at least 1 Million per year i think we should pass on this .
If Brooks is happy to sign for no more than $700k per year then i'll stick to this option .

The big + to Nathan's game is his goal kicking and defence but apart from that isn't that special for what he will command in the open market , will just be a big hype overpaid frenzy cause whoever signs Nathan you know you will get his Dad.
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 5:17 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 5:05 pm
The money Nathan will command being at least 1 Million per year i think we should pass on this .
If Brooks is happy to sign for no more than $700k per year then i'll stick to this option .

The big + to Nathan's game is his goal kicking and defence but apart from that isn't that special for what he will command in the open market , will just be a big hype overpaid frenzy cause whoever signs Nathan you know you will get his Dad.
ABC Grandstand said he was woeful today

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 5:19 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 5:17 pm
foreveratiger wrote:

Yeah he is really upset as he thought his dad would be coaching him by now

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 5:25 pm

Throw it all at Munster.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 5:27 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 5:17 pm
foreveratiger wrote:

His not worth what he will command , Ivan can go as well and join him .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 5:29 pm

WswWt wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 5:25 pm
Throw it all at Munster.
Mate your on the money . Munster is a game breaker on his own and for a Million that is what you should be able to do on your own.

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 5:34 pm

foreveratiger wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 5:29 pm
WswWt wrote:
Throw it all at Munster.
Mate your on the money . Munster is a game breaker on his own and for a Million that is what you should be able to do on your own.
Can play many positions. He is a footballer

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 6:17 pm

WswWt wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 5:34 pm
foreveratiger wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 5:29 pm
WswWt wrote:
Throw it all at Munster.
Can play many positions. He is a footballer
We wouldn't even pick up the phone. Happy with re-signing past champions of the club.

InBenjiWeTrust

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 7:03 pm

another brain explosion from our ex-legend, kick on 3rd tackle and now an elementary knock on :deadhorse:

Post by 851 » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 12:13 pm

Story in sunday paper about Penrith might offload Maloney to sign Cleary. Also says Maloney was close to Griffin and not impressed with what went on. A little bit about Cleary and Maloney not as close as you are led to believe
Go hard or go home

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 12:14 pm

Maloney is one of my most dislkiked players. Seems like a real jerk.