tigerap wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 10:46 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 8:41 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 8:36 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 8:32 pm
I’m so over this s***. We have an awesome halfback - re-sign him to a long deal. Fix the roster and get some decent bloody players. Extend Ivan or piss him off. One or the other. Oh and Justin, don’t go on holidays until this is all done!
I dont get this mindset...I know all the talk and theories around it, players wont come, his heart wont be in it blah blah...i think thats rubbish myself, he will go eventually one way or the other just let him continue to do what hes building.
he doesnt deserve an extension (that hes unlikley to agree to anyway) yet and he doesnt deserve the arse
Mate I’ve had a few beers!!

BUT I think we need long term commitment to encourage good players and build our squad. If Ivan is going to Penrith in 2021, Go now. Find a coach who will not just talk about being on the bus but will actually do it. I’d prefer Ican to be that man, so extend him. If he won’t commit- bye bye!
Extend him now to 2023 then he and son can hook up where ever.... if he rejects the extension, cut him loose now and bring on Madge
I find these arguements kind of ironice in that if you went to Penrith, their record of keeping coaches, regardless of contract is pretty abysmal. The same could be said of the Dogs, Manly, Souths etc - look at the Tigers record. The point is that there are no guarantees - if your joining a club because of the coach, then you are likely to be disappointed at some point throughout your stay.

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:52 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 5:13 pm
Demps wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 2:49 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 7:56 am
Surprised everyone is bouncing off the walls at the alleged 4 year contract Nathan is about to sign at Penrith

Honestly it is good news for WT's , we have other issues we need to fix 1st
Yeah... Cleary is overrated.
Hes can spend the next four years choking it up.
He looked lost without Maloney and in origin he was unnoticed.

Got carried this season...
Can't see him winning any comps any time soon. Sozzaaaa
He's the one who got them back in the game - or you didn't watch that part.
Yeah.
He has some good runs.
He isn't Thurston tho.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Earl

Post by Earl » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 8:04 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Surprised everyone is bouncing off the walls at the alleged 4 year contract Nathan is about to sign at Penrith

I agree. This is good news for us. We need to fix other areas in our team as a higher priority.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 8:30 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 18 Sep, 2018 10:13 pm
Yep, premature to extend before even making the finals.

2 years is a long time. Hypothetically speaking we could be pushing for a premiership in two years time. No guarantees Penrith will, what does Ivan want more, to coach his son or be a premiership winning coach?
Yep, It’s a no brainer.
If we try to be cute , and offer an extension to Ivan , to get some indication of whether he’s staying or not, we could end up with Ivan signed for longer than is practicable.
If he calls our bluff, it could backfire badly,

Everyone’s jittery at the moment, and maybe for nothing,
At the moment he’s signed to Coach us , that’s all we know ,
If he stays he won’t be Sabotaging us , he’l be wanting to be as successfully as he can

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:13 pm

Russell wrote:
Demps wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

I'm not knocking Nathan at all Russ , I'm just saying that Brooks /Reynolds/Marshall would be salivating at the chance to play behind the Penrith pack and having Peter Wallace out the back helping organize the attack and having that backline as well to create more targets for them in the red zone

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:15 pm

Earl wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 8:04 pm
happy tiger wrote:

I agree. This is good news for us. We need to fix other areas in our team as a higher priority.
You Ok Earl , your agreeing with me ;)

Maybe I'm wrong then :lol:

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:26 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:13 pm
Russell wrote:
Demps wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

I'm not knocking Nathan at all Russ , I'm just saying that Brooks /Reynolds/Marshall would be salivating at the chance to play behind the Penrith pack and having Peter Wallace out the back helping organize the attack and having that backline as well to create more targets for them in the red zone

What is a "red zone "?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:35 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Wed 19 Sep, 2018 11:26 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
Demps wrote:

What is a "red zone "?
Opposition 20 metre zone Col , where you make them bleed when you get it right

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 8:19 am

happy tiger wrote:
Russell wrote:
Demps wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

I agree Hap - I was more disputing Demps saying that "he got Carried this season".
I was saying he didn't get carried in the last game and apart from a missed drop goal, would have won them the semi.

Elderslie Tiger

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Thu 20 Sep, 2018 3:26 pm

How can you trust Phil Could reports saying the Clearys could be on a $10M package deal fine if Penriff are winning a couple of losses come along and a loss of form and the kaka hits the fan.Also been mentioned that a figure of $1mil being offered as compensation to release IC and also that Gould made up the reports on the Peachy backflip now apparently they can't fit him under there cap the man should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute

BermiTiger

Post by BermiTiger » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:37 am

NSW Origin halfback Nathan Cleary has outlined his premiership ambitions, inking a massive contract extension with Penrith Panthers that will see him at the foot of the mountains until the end of the 2024 season.

The lengthy deal leaves the door open for his father, Ivan, to potentially re-join the club after his Wests Tigers contract expires.

“I’m excited to re-sign with the Panthers and commit the next six years of my career to the club,” Cleary revealed on the club’s official Twitter account.

“There was always going to be speculation but in the end it was an easy decision for me to make.

Penrith Panthers

@PenrithPanthers
🚨 MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT 🚨@_nathancleary has some special news to share with you.#pantherpride 🐾

10:04 AM - Sep 24, 2018
22 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
“This club and this community mean a lot to me. Panthers gave me the opportunity to debut as an 18-year-old and I will always hold that close to my heart.

“I’ve grown up with this team and I couldn’t ask for a better group of players and coaches to work with moving forward.

“I want to become a leader here at the Panthers and I’m determined to help deliver a premiership to Penrith.”

Cleary, a Penrith junior who represented the club’s Harold Matts, SG Ball and NYC teams, has established himself as one of rugby league’s premier playmakers.

“Today is a very special day in our club’s history,” Panthers Executive General Manager Phil Gould AM said.

“Everyone at Panthers is delighted to know Nathan Cleary has committed to this club until at least the end of the 2024 season.

Nathan Cleary with halves partner James Maloney. Picture: AAP
“This is a significant contract for Nathan but it’s also a major investment by Panthers in its own future as an NRL club, and it’s an important signing for the future of rugby league in Western Sydney.

“Nathan is an outstanding young man and I have no doubt he will be a future captain of this club.

Nathan Cleary has established himself as one of the game’s premier halfbacks. Picture: Getty
“His best football is still well in front of him and we believe he will be the face of rugby league in this region for many years to come.

“To sign a deal of this significance with a player we have seen develop through our own pathways system, from a young age, is a special moment indeed.”

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:41 am

Oh well 😔 Nothing ever changes in Tiger land
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:41 am

Good luck to NC.

Now let’s re-sign Brooksy asap!

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:53 am

Said before we don’t need a no 7, Brooks is not far behind Cleary. The amount of money Cleary would have cost us we could probably attract at least two quality players at positions crying out for some urgent repair.

Also I will never knock a player for being loyal, it’s a great quality to take through life...Tedesco take note

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 10:53 am

The kid is decent, but pretty happy with how Brooks has gone this year and behind a pack that wasn't going as well as the Panthers.

Surely we'll be talking extension for Brooks now?

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 12:00 pm

Glad he has signed and we can stop talking about him coming or not. Let’s lock up Brooks and get a few more players.

Tiger_Fan18

Post by Tiger_Fan18 » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 12:04 pm

Stephen Marson - September 24, 2018 - 10:24 am
https://www.zerotackle.com/breaking-pan ... ion-36858/

Penrith have re-signed halfback Nathan Cleary for another five seasons, after he re-committed to the club until at least the end of the 2024 campaign.

The 20-year-old is now set to play the next six years at the foot of the mountains, after already being contracted for the 2019 season.

“I’m excited to re-sign with the Panthers and commit the next six years of my career to the club,” Cleary told penrithpanthers.com.au. “There was always going to be speculation but in the end it was an easy decision for me to make.

“This club and this community mean a lot to me. Panthers gave me the opportunity to debut as an 18-year-old and I will always hold that close to my heart.

“I’ve grown up with this team and I couldn’t ask for a better group of players and coaches to work with moving forward.

“I want to become a leader here at the Panthers and I’m determined to help deliver a premiership to Penrith.”

The young star made his Origin debut this season, and along with Penrith teammate James Maloney, led the Blues to their first series win since 2014.

Cleary has played just 58 NRL games since making his debut in Round 13, 2016, and Penrith’s Executive General Manager Phil Gould expressed his delight at Cleary’s re-signing.

“Today is a very special day in our club’s history,” Panthers Executive General Manager Phil Gould AM said.

“Everyone at Panthers is delighted to know Nathan Cleary has committed to this club until at least the end of the 2024 season.

“This is a significant contract for Nathan but it’s also a major investment by Panthers in its own future as an NRL club, and it’s an important signing for the future of rugby league in Western Sydney.

“Nathan is an outstanding young man and I have no doubt he will be a future captain of this club.

“His best football is still well in front of him and we believe he will be the face of rugby league in this region for many years to come.

“To sign a deal of this significance with a player we have seen develop through our own pathways system, from a young age, is a special moment indeed.”

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 24 Sep, 2018 12:06 pm

Good move for him.