Nucky Thompson wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 8:16 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 8:01 pm
851 wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 2:59 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 10:12 pm

With the confusion with the coaching situation , would you sign at the WT's when you have probably 12-13 other clubs that are completely settled and a better playing roster
I agree 100%, the coaching situation is hindering our recruitment, Ivan should see this and make some kind of statement in regards to his WestsTigers future ASAP, the fans would appreciate it, and the media can find another story to chase then.
X100
His written statement showed he was was s*** scared of the legalities behind the move to the riiff.

He will keep tight lipped to force our move
I think you are right, and this is my concern, some members have no issues with proceedings, but I certainly do
Go hard or go home

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 8:44 pm

851 wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 8:40 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
851 wrote:

I agree 100%, the coaching situation is hindering our recruitment, Ivan should see this and make some kind of statement in regards to his WestsTigers future ASAP, the fans would appreciate it, and the media can find another story to chase then.
X100
His written statement showed he was was s*** scared of the legalities behind the move to the riiff.

I think you are right, and this is my concern, some members have no issues with proceedings, but I certainly do
It appears to me that every move he is making is stemming from self interest and self protection. He is definitely not considering the plight of our club. Fans who have suffered for years continue to suffer and our recruitment has been and is being hindered. The word hypocrite comes to mind.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:13 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 8:44 pm
851 wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

X100

It appears to me that every move he is making is stemming from self interest and self protection. He is definitely not considering the plight of our club. Fans who have suffered for years continue to suffer and our recruitment has been and is being hindered. The word hypocrite comes to mind.
He has thrown us under his own bus for his son.

Bennett would be interesting.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:20 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:13 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 8:44 pm
851 wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:

He has thrown us under his own bus for his son.

Bennett would be interesting.
Bennett would be an interesting exercise - he’d make some big, big changes I reckon.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:22 pm

diedpretty wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:24 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 8:41 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 12:11 pm
Now that Nathan’s future is secure at Penrith for many years do you think we should we look at Jerome Luai? Pretty exciting prospect with Xfactor, stuck behind the more established spine players at the Panthers. Can play a few positions and would come fairly cheap. I think he would a great pick up for us - what do others think?
The Panthers dont lose players like Jerome Luai.

Just because they are in reserve grade doesnt mean they arent important to the franchise.
by The Patriot » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 8:10 pm

The Broncos dont lose players like Katoni Staggs.

Just because they are in reserve grade doesnt mean they arent important to the franchise.

Bit of plagiarism bathurst tiger or dual personality maybe?
Thank you. I thought i was losing my mind.
Its an opinion!

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 9:27 am

TIGERPOWER wrote:
851 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
TigerTiger wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 10:04 pm

We pick up a solid prop, another back or two, have some luck with injuries next year, and we should be in the finals next year. Absolutely no reason why not.
With the confusion with the coaching situation , would you sign at the WT's when you have probably 12-13 other clubs that are completely settled and a better playing roster
X100
You literally have zero concrete evidence to support the suggestion that recruitment is being hindered. We literally just signed two players in the last 4 weeks, one of them a very good prospect.

And if you heel to the media every time they generate a story you don't like, then it becomes the tail that wags the dog. No.

You do realise that Cleary did make a statement about his future, and guess what, the story is still around. How many statements does he need to make to bury it?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 11:07 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:32 am
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:13 am
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:00 am
happy tiger wrote:

Half the clubs in the comps coaches are off contract after next year.... Hardly'completely settled'

Cheer up.... It's not as bad as you make out
I'm not upset that Cleary didn't sign Ink , we could fix our weaknesses up if we knew what the coaching situation was ......
Ivan's coach for next two years last I heard
Maybe , but how many times have the Broncos and Bennett confirmed he will only be coaching until the end of 2019

4 times ......maybe more

We need some confirmation , the lack of it means everyone is on holidays or something else is on the table

Time will tell .....

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:27 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 9:27 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
851 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

X100
You literally have zero concrete evidence to support the suggestion that recruitment is being hindered. We literally just signed two players in the last 4 weeks, one of them a very good prospect.

And if you heel to the media every time they generate a story you don't like, then it becomes the tail that wags the dog. No.

You do realise that Cleary did make a statement about his future, and guess what, the story is still around. How many statements does he need to make to bury it?
This definitely can’t be true

The mess at Wests Tigers has cost the club the prized signature of match-winning Cronulla hooker James Segeyaro.

I’m hearing that Segeyaro was all set to sign with the Tigers a couple of weeks ago - and would have been a great recruit for the club.

But the uncertainty over the future of coach Ivan Cleary at the time saw Segeyaro’s management baulk at the prospect of joining the club.

The Sharks star is now tossing up between the Bulldogs and the Knights, with Cronulla unlikely to keep him.

Other players have also doubtless taken a similar approach to Segayaro, steering clear of the Tigers.

Cleary has committed to the club for next season, but the way rugby league works, he could still end up at the Panthers.

And if he is not at Penrith in 2019, he will almost certainly be there in 2020.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:49 pm

Lol

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:54 pm

Concrete... Hahaha

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 1:33 pm

Maybe thats why Nathan didn't sign, wasn't sure if his dad would be with us next year?

Post by 851 » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 1:47 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 11:07 am
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:32 am
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:13 am
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:00 am

Half the clubs in the comps coaches are off contract after next year.... Hardly'completely settled'

Cheer up.... It's not as bad as you make out
I'm not upset that Cleary didn't sign Ink , we could fix our weaknesses up if we knew what the coaching situation was ......
Ivan's coach for next two years last I heard
Maybe , but how many times have the Broncos and Bennett confirmed he will only be coaching until the end of 2019

4 times ......maybe more

We need some confirmation , the lack of it means everyone is on holidays or something else is on the table

Time will tell .....
I am with you all the way Happy, Cleary and his 30 second scripted response with no questions answered, and still no questions answered some 6 weeks later, created more media talk than no comment would have.
The Bronco's have shown us how to handle it, front foot, not sit in the corner and hope it will go away
Go hard or go home

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 2:50 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:27 pm
jirskyr wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
851 wrote:

X100

The mess at Wests Tigers has cost the club the prized signature of match-winning Cronulla hooker James Segeyaro.

I’m hearing that Segeyaro was all set to sign with the Tigers a couple of weeks ago - and would have been a great recruit for the club.

But the uncertainty over the future of coach Ivan Cleary at the time saw Segeyaro’s management baulk at the prospect of joining the club.

The Sharks star is now tossing up between the Bulldogs and the Knights, with Cronulla unlikely to keep him.

Other players have also doubtless taken a similar approach to Segayaro, steering clear of the Tigers.

Cleary has committed to the club for next season, but the way rugby league works, he could still end up at the Panthers.

I would think the Re-signing of Robbie Farah ended the interest in Segy myself..

You can believe the Lurker tho if you wish...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 3:04 pm

If, as the Lurker describes Segeyaro a prized signing, Segeyaro is having problems finding a club?

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 3:18 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 2:50 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 12:27 pm
jirskyr wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

X100

I would think the Re-signing of Robbie Farah ended the interest in Segy myself..

You can believe the Lurker tho if you wish...
It’s not about believing it’s about the fact this is destabilising our club and will continue to do so until it’s shot down. The media is not letting this go and it’s all of them not just one or two. Anyone who thinks that players don’t read up on these things is living with the fairies.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 3:39 pm

Newtown wrote:
Thu 27 Sep, 2018 3:04 pm
If, as the Lurker describes Segeyaro a prized signing, Segeyaro is having problems finding a club?
I doubt he is. Knights, Parra and Dogs could all use him. Knights will probably get him now that they've decided not to pursue Isaac Luke.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 4:01 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:22 pm
diedpretty wrote:
Wed 26 Sep, 2018 9:24 am
bathursttiger wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 8:41 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Tue 25 Sep, 2018 12:11 pm
Now that Nathan’s future is secure at Penrith for many years do you think we should we look at Jerome Luai? Pretty exciting prospect with Xfactor, stuck behind the more established spine players at the Panthers. Can play a few positions and would come fairly cheap. I think he would a great pick up for us - what do others think?
The Panthers dont lose players like Jerome Luai.

by The Patriot » Tue 25 Sep, 2018 8:10 pm

The Broncos dont lose players like Katoni Staggs.

Bit of plagiarism bathurst tiger or dual personality maybe?
Thank you. I thought i was losing my mind.
Too late.
:roll

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 27 Sep, 2018 4:22 pm

In regards to the Segeyaro rumour. I wouldn't think we would have offered him more than 2 years, so why should he care who the coach will be in 2021 when he might not even be here himself? Doesn't make sense.