Masterton
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 36 times

Unread post by Masterton » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 7:53 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 7:07 am
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, IC thinks to himself; "Bingo".
Even if Nathan is no chance of coming to us, it's probably driving his price up nicely.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

voice of reason
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Unread post by voice of reason » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 7:54 am

tigerap wrote:
Thu 16 Nov, 2017 9:17 pm
“Just say for instance if Penrith finish in the top four and Wests finish in the last four, do you want to go to a club that is a chance of winning a comp?” Fletcher said.
“Do you want to go to a club that might not be a chance of winning a comp? Or yes, you go there because it is your dad.
I think a quality player could look at that scenario and believe they may be instrumental in reversing it. IF Nathan was to leave the Panthers they'd almost certainly suffer and if he came here we'd almost certainly improve. But as someone said earlier, it's a long way off and probably best for discussion next off-season :)
Suffering supporter since 1967

greatodensraven
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 23 times

Unread post by greatodensraven » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 8:35 am

How about this option?

6. Brooks
7. Cleary
9. Liddle
14. Reynolds

Tigerdon
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 100 times

Unread post by Tigerdon » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 8:51 am

greatodensraven wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 8:35 am
How about this option?

6. Brooks
7. Cleary
9. Liddle
14. Reynolds
Reynolds would be awesome coming off the bench fresh . If you had a side like that.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Geo.
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 391 times

Unread post by Geo. » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 8:57 am

I'm seeing double....fixed..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
Tiger Watto wrote:
Fri 03 Nov, 2017 8:07 am
Geo nailed it...

LeichhardtTiger
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 16 times

Unread post by LeichhardtTiger » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 9:12 am

What a lovely culture Phil Gould has nurtured at Penrith. Cartwright's girl gets pregnant but that's OK cos in comes the fixit man Zac O with the chequebook and the unprounounceble surname so that investigations would be difficult to nail the perp. Sadly & tragically she did not cope with the Penrith Cultural attache approach and suicide followed. The fact that this sad & sordid affair did not get major MSM attention goes to show the cover up power of the Penrith Culture. Crikey - imagine if this happened to the Tigers! But it's not surprising that a short time later, after signing a 5 year deal, wunderkind Moylan gets itchy feet. And now he's gone. And if I were a Dad of a gun half back I wouldn't want my kid hanging around a club that hired blokes called Bryce or Zac cos they aren't worth it! There is a reason Ivan Cleary talks so much about culture at the Tigers - cos he actually believes in one. That's why he would never go to the Rorters cos they only know one way and that is the sports bag full of cash and cocaine or eccies! All Hail Ivan. A decent Man!
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

goldcoast tiger
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 65 times

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 10:24 am

Bob wrote:
Tue 14 Nov, 2017 11:05 pm
Everyone is seeing this as tigers chasing Nathan?

I see it is Ivan trying to secure his next contract.

The tigers coaching role has been very hostile for the last hal of a decade. If tigers go ok and the possibility of grabbing an in form half, as well as a possible retirement of Bellamy and also Bennett.

There is a strong chance the duo could end up at the storm or the Broncos.

Pity......
You may be right Bob,
Ivan may be better off without the constant references in public about Nathan's next contract. I'm sure that if there is a serious chance of him coming here, most of those discussions will be conducted at home, and not in public.
I'd love to see him here. But I'd like to see Ivan concentrating on the players that we already have here now . They're the ones that we have to go with at the moment.

There's been a few references about Ivan being happy to Coach Nathan lately, and while thats fine if it happen, if it continues , it may be taken as as them using it as a chance to remind ALL other clubs that they could come as a double act.
There's no gaurantee that it would be here.

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 10:33 am

LeichhardtTiger wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 9:12 am
What a lovely culture Phil Gould has nurtured at Penrith. Cartwright's girl gets pregnant but that's OK cos in comes the fixit man Zac O with the chequebook and the unprounounceble surname so that investigations would be difficult to nail the perp. Sadly & tragically she did not cope with the Penrith Cultural attache approach and suicide followed. The fact that this sad & sordid affair did not get major MSM attention goes to show the cover up power of the Penrith Culture. Crikey - imagine if this happened to the Tigers! But it's not surprising that a short time later, after signing a 5 year deal, wunderkind Moylan gets itchy feet. And now he's gone. And if I were a Dad of a gun half back I wouldn't want my kid hanging around a club that hired blokes called Bryce or Zac cos they aren't worth it! There is a reason Ivan Cleary talks so much about culture at the Tigers - cos he actually believes in one. That's why he would never go to the Rorters cos they only know one way and that is the sports bag full of cash and cocaine or eccies! All Hail Ivan. A decent Man!
So, you reckon that Ivan would never Coach at the Roosters, Oh , well that's good then.
That's one club that we won't have to worry about if turns out that he goes well here,
I was worried about that possibility . :roll:

BodhiTiger

Unread post by BodhiTiger » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 10:09 pm

Date: November 2018
2018 NRL Table Completion:
Wests Tigers: Scrap into the 8, knocked out first play off.
Penrith Panthers: Finish 13th. (Nathan played his best year yet, in-spite of the ladder position)

Gus: G’day Ivan, mate I would like to catch up for a coffee you available anytime this week?
Ivan: Hi Gus, long time no talk. Yeah, I could make a coffee, what’s the occasion?
Gus: Just wanted to go over a few things you might be interested in.
Ivan: ok mate, let’s do it.
Meeting:
Ivan: Hey mate what’s happening?
Gus: Look, I’m gunna lay it all out there, getting rid of you was the biggest mistake of my career. As you know your boy is a super star and I have realised that without YOU we aren’t going to keep him regardless of the money offered. So, I thought I would explore other avenues to get Nathan to stay a Panther, we have built the team around him and need him with us going into the future.
Ivan: I assume you are referring to the write up in the press about me and Nathan being in the same team moving forward?
Gus: Exactly.
Ivan: So, what exactly have you brought me here for?
Gus: Well, As Nathans contract expires next year and yours the year after, I would like to offer you an opportunity to come back to the Panthers on a 4 year contract with the proviso that Nathan signs for the same amount of time. The current coach is taking us backwards and I have seen what you have done at the Tigers and it has shown me just how big a mistake getting rid of you was. I know you must have been peed off with how things ended but this is me making things right and giving you an opportunity to coach Nathan in a winning team. See out your contract at the Tigers and You have a gentleman's agreement with Nathans Signature you will be running the Panthers in 2021.
?
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

Donald Trump
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 5 times

Unread post by Donald Trump » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 10:42 pm

BodhiTiger wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 10:09 pm
Penrith Panthers: Finish 13th. (Nathan played his best year yet, in-spite of the ladder position)

Gus: G’day Ivan, mate I would like to catch up for a coffee you available anytime this week?
Ivan: Hi Gus, long time no talk. Yeah, I could make a coffee, what’s the occasion?
Meeting:
Gus: Look, I’m gunna lay it all out there, getting rid of you was the biggest mistake of my career. As you know your boy is a super star and I have realised that without YOU we aren’t going to keep him regardless of the money offered. So, I thought I would explore other avenues to get Nathan to stay a Panther, we have built the team around him and need him with us going into the future.
Ivan: I assume you are referring to the write up in the press about me and Nathan being in the same team moving forward?
Gus: Well, As Nathans contract expires next year and yours the year after, I would like to offer you an opportunity to come back to the Panthers on a 4 year contract with the proviso that Nathan signs for the same amount of time. The current coach is taking us backwards and I have seen what you have done at the Tigers and it has shown me just how big a mistake getting rid of you was. I know you must have been peed off with how things ended but this is me making things right and giving you an opportunity to coach Nathan in a winning team. See out your contract at the Tigers and You have a gentleman's agreement with Nathans Signature you will be running the Panthers in 2021.
?
You have too much free time
Let's make the Tigers great again!

TYGA
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by TYGA » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 10:51 pm

BodhiTiger wrote:

Meeting:
?
If u think Gould will go back on a management decision to keep any player you are mistaken. I’m surprised he is backing Griffin but he will stick with it even if they turn over the entire roster.

Spud Murphy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 88 times

Unread post by Spud Murphy » Fri 17 Nov, 2017 11:27 pm

Makes me laugh this bloke trumpeting Penrith as a 'successful' club and labeling us as bottom 4. We're talking Penrith here, not bloody Melbourne! They've been up and down like a bride's nightie for over a decade now, have never reached their 'potential' and their last Premiership is even further back than ours! Height of arrogance....and delusion!

The Queen
Been liked: 4 times

Unread post by The Queen » Sat 18 Nov, 2017 12:10 am

tigerap wrote:
Fri 17 Nov, 2017 7:51 am
Does Issac (scum) Moses manage Nathan Cleary..?..... hope not
No it's not Moses Ivan Cleary choose his son's manager there is an interview about 6 months ago mite have been on triple M and he talks about good and bad player managers and the bad ones don't look after there client just self interest it mite have been Hooper doing most of the interview and was talking about one manager who had two clients going to one club and lied to one of his clients that going to that club was the most money he was going to get but another club made a better offer but it was in the managers but interest two get both to that club so he could make more money as a package

mightymagpie
Been liked: 2 times

Unread post by mightymagpie » Sat 18 Nov, 2017 1:40 pm

BodhiTiger wrote:

Meeting:
?
Ivan: Thanks for the coffee mate. Unfortunately I just signed an extension with the Tigers for a further 3 seasons just yesterday afternoon. And Nathan will be joining me when his contract expires with Penrith. He’s already agreed to terms but I’ll let him fill you in on those details.

Snake
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 59 times

Unread post by Snake » Sat 18 Nov, 2017 7:07 pm

mightymagpie wrote:
Sat 18 Nov, 2017 1:40 pm
BodhiTiger wrote:

Meeting:
?
Ivan: Thanks for the coffee mate. Unfortunately I just signed an extension with the Tigers for a further 3 seasons just yesterday afternoon. And Nathan will be joining me when his contract expires with Penrith. He’s already agreed to terms but I’ll let him fill you in on those details.
Whether of not Nathan signs with the Tigers Gould is dealing with smart people here...not boys and greedy player managers looking after there own retirement fund by tying up young men to 5 yr contracts.
Ivan Cleary has Gould’s measure be sure of that only a fool would sign for that period when so young and still on the up and I do not think the Clearys are fools unfortunately for Gould .

goldcoast tiger

Unread post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 18 Nov, 2017 8:09 pm

You could use that post and simply change the name of the club and club official, three or four times and it could be fairly close to the truth.

TYGA
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 49 times

Unread post by TYGA » Sat 18 Nov, 2017 8:10 pm

If you read the article with Brian Fletcher he admits Ivan’s relationship will be hard to beat. Even states any contract dor Nathan is being negotiated with Ivan and the manager.

He makes a good point does Nathan want to play for a club challenging for a premiership or bottom 4.

That will determine the outcome if Ivan can get WT around the top 8 he would be mad not to get his son over. If not there’s no way he brings his son in to play for a battling club.

Griffin is hated at Penrith and it’s Gould’s big mistake if he is wedded to him I think it’s a forgone conclusion.
The Fletcher comments are dumb to the extreme why take a shot at WT and Cleary when he is involved in his sons decisions.

Return to “Player Contract Rumours & Discussion”