Nathan Cleary

User avatar
teddy23
Member
Member
Posts: 1041
Joined: Tue 03 Feb, 2015 10:46 am

Nathan Cleary

Post by teddy23 » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 3:59 pm

Triple M’s Supergrass has some big mail on who will take over as coach of the embattled club.


“The mail I’m getting is the Tigers are desperate to sign Ivan Cleary as head coach, not just because of his coaching ability but with the added sweetener of luring young Nathan Cleary to the Tigers,” he said, on Triple M Grill Team.

Earlier, Ivan Cleary admitted he's interested in coaching the Wests Tigers but is yet to hear from the embattled NRL club.


Don't think there's any substance to it, just putting it on! What are your thoughts on Nathan and how would you feel if he did come. Still lives with his dad, Ivan may get in his ear.....we'll have to wait till 2019 unless he gets a release.
Last edited by teddy23 on Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3491
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:04 pm

I'm pretty sure the kid would want to forge his own path and not live under the cloud of nepotism that would come with playing under his father. I'd rate it no chance of happening.

Earl
Member
Member
Posts: 2045
Joined: Sat 18 Feb, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Earl » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:06 pm

The club can't be that dumb. We should go after Ivan as a coach because he is the best coaching option that we have.

I'd love to have Nathan here but picking his dad to be coach to try and get the kid is dumb.

So it's probably true.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6166
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:06 pm

He's been smoking the supergrass methinks.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29862
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:07 pm

I'm surprised this took nearly 48hrs to pop up...

I think Nelson is on the money..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen


User avatar
CocaCola
Member
Member
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed 23 Feb, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by CocaCola » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:09 pm

Get Gus on the phone.. Martin & Cleary for Broses :lol:

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6166
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:14 pm

BTW who is Nathan Clearly?

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 18304
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:24 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:14 pm
BTW who is Nathan Clearly?
What does Nathan Clearly do?
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6166
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:28 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:24 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:14 pm
BTW who is Nathan Clearly?
What does Nathan Clearly do?
It had me thinking that the end of the headline had been chopped off: "Nathan Clearly Not Coming To Tigers".

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29691
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:34 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:14 pm
BTW who is Nathan Clearly?
Clearly its Cleary not Clearly

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 22828
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:46 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:24 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:14 pm
BTW who is Nathan Clearly?
What does Nathan Clearly do?
It's how he sees now the rain is gone

*BOOM BOOM TISH*

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2334
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 5:26 pm

He will be with the Panthers for 10 years. We are an inferior club and his father being coach is even more reason he would not play for the Tigers.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6477
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 8:00 pm

TYGA wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2017 5:26 pm
He will be with the Panthers for 10 years. We are an inferior club and his father being coach is even more reason he would not play for the Tigers.
I remember watching an interview with Ivan when Nathan cracked NRL, Ivan said he would love to coach his son one day. I actually thought then, sack JT and get Ivan now before the kid re-signs at Penrith.
Go hard or go home

User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 8:13 pm

I don't think fathers coaching sons in the top grade is a good idea. Most sons seem to want to make their own mark on the game without the assistance of their 'famous' dads. Has there been a precedent of a father coaching his son in the ARL/NRL? I can't think of any.
Last edited by Flippedy on Wed 22 Mar, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2334
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 8:13 pm

851 wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2017 8:00 pm
TYGA wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2017 5:26 pm
He will be with the Panthers for 10 years. We are an inferior club and his father being coach is even more reason he would not play for the Tigers.
I remember watching an interview with Ivan when Nathan cracked NRL, Ivan said he would love to coach his son one day. I actually thought then, sack JT and get Ivan now before the kid re-signs at Penrith.
I'm sure the thought of sacking JT crossed many fans minds on multiple occasions. He's a level headed kid like his father it could work. The last time I coached my kids team I nearly levelled the parents. It's tough.

Jam Wowz
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue 24 Jan, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by Jam Wowz » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 8:17 pm

Flippedy wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2017 8:13 pm
I don't think fathers coaching sons in the top grade is a good idea. Most sons seem to want to make their own mark on the game without the assistance of their 'famous' dads. Has there been a precedent of a father coaching his son in the ARL/NRL? I can't think of any.
Not since the good Old Days of John and Martin Lang.

There IS a 4th generation kid at the Titans now, Max King

eyewonder
Member
Member
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue 08 Mar, 2011 5:02 pm

Post by eyewonder » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 8:29 pm

tom and lincoln radonikas

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Wed 22 Mar, 2017 8:30 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:46 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:24 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Wed 22 Mar, 2017 4:14 pm
BTW who is Nathan Clearly?
What does Nathan Clearly do?
It's how he sees now the rain is gone

*BOOM BOOM TISH*
:roll
Or maybe

We can see CLeary now that JT's gone .
its gonna be a son signing day

Locked