Nathan Cleary

Byron Bay Fan

Re: Nathan Cleary

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 3:31 pm

Russell, do you have two nephews, one called Jacob and the other called Luke?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Russell

Post by Russell » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 6:22 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 3:31 pm
No I don't BBF - but I do think that Jacob and Luke plus Josh and Tui could be stand outs for the Tigers in 2018.

People have been saying that it is the weakest spine in the NRL.

I don't think so.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 6:25 pm

Russell wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 6:22 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
No I don't BBF - but I do think that Jacob and Luke plus Josh and Tui could be stand outs for the Tigers in 2018.

I don't think so.
Couldn't be weaker than the Dogs.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Sun 26 Nov, 2017 10:00 pm

Russell wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 9:10 am
Donald Trump wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 11:08 pm
Russell wrote:
Sat 25 Nov, 2017 9:25 am
Donald Trump wrote:
Fri 24 Nov, 2017 10:22 pm

X 2. Benji will be our no.7 by round 7
Wrong! again.
Knob! again
I can see your mental capabilities are as strong as your name sake.

Name calling is the lowest of answers - maybe if you think for a few months you may have a real answer.
Thanks Russ
Let's make the Tigers great again!

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 27 Nov, 2017 6:35 am

I hope we dont even look at Cleary. Because that will mean Brooks is killing it.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

jrtiger

Post by jrtiger » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 5:09 pm

Nathan and Ivan spotted at Camden Lakeside (Wests Group) a couple of weeks ago. Sounds pretty normal, apart from the fact that Nathan's manager and a certain Justin Pascoe was there ;)

Post by 851 » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 5:14 pm

jrtiger wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 5:09 pm
Nathan and Ivan spotted at Camden Lakeside (Wests Group) a couple of weeks ago. Sounds pretty normal, apart from the fact that Nathan's manager and a certain Justin Pascoe was there ;)
We can only dream, but this is what keeps us going in the offseason.
Last edited by 851 on Tue 12 Dec, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go hard or go home

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 5:51 pm

If he maintains his form or even gets better there will be a frenzy for his signature and dad or no dad we have a very poor track record when it comes to out bidding our rivals. Be interesting if Brooks actually delivers over the next two years..what happens than

vlad

Post by vlad » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 5:54 pm

supercoach wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 5:51 pm
If he maintains his form or even gets better there will be a frenzy for his signature and dad or no dad we have a very poor track record when it comes to out bidding our rivals. Be interesting if Brooks actually delivers over the next two years..what happens than
Player swap with Panthers next off season .

Fraze23

Post by Fraze23 » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 6:04 pm

Griffin will be under immense pressure to get something decent out of the Panthers next year. Having an unstable situation with the coach could play into our hands.

But the fact that Cronk also comes off contract at the same time and their track record for pinching star juniors has me convinced he'll end up at the Roosters. If Robinson doesn't win a comp in the next 2 years he'll be punted and Ivan will probably join him there the following year.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 6:09 pm

Fraze23 wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 6:04 pm
Griffin will be under immense pressure to get something decent out of the Panthers next year. Having an unstable situation with the coach could play into our hands.

But the fact that Cronk also comes off contract at the same time and their track record for pinching star juniors has me convinced he'll end up at the Roosters. If Robinson doesn't win a comp in the next 2 years he'll be punted and Ivan will probably join him there the following year.
Being a former rooster player, Ivan would be aware of the advantages of playing at the chooks aswell..

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 6:25 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 6:09 pm
Fraze23 wrote:

Being a former rooster player, Ivan would be aware of the advantages of playing at the chooks aswell..
There are advantages of Ivan/ Nathan being at the WTs as well.
1. They won’t be under Nick’s thumb.
2. Have more control on how the team is run.
3. Ivan has a good working relationship with Pascoe, why throw that a way.
4. A lot of good players fail off the field at the Roosters. It’s a cut throat club. They offen turn to booze/drugs and dogs to relieve the pressure.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 6:29 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 6:25 pm
gallagher wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:

4. A lot of good players fail off the field at the Roosters. It’s a cut throat club. They offen turn to booze/drugs and dogs to relieve the pressure.
Yeah i could see 4 possibly being any issue.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 11 Dec, 2017 11:46 pm

gallagher wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 6:29 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Fraze23 wrote:

If Nathan and Ivan become a combo team (that's still an IF, I haven't heard Nathan talk up playing under his dad too much), it's up to us to keep or loose them. Roosters, Panthers or hey a cashed up Bulldogs/whomever will be placing their bids. We know this, we know that if Nathan has the goods then the cash will flow.

Ivan too isn't a supercoach. He is a good club coach. He can get teams to the top 4 in the past but he isn't a Flanagan, Green let alone a Bennett or Bellamy. Don't get me wrong he is exactly what we need, but we shouldn't see supermoney go for him.

Yes the Roosters will offer corporate deals and yes some club somewhere will go all out. Yet we got Benji and Beau on TV, we can still do our deals. The Panthers will try their best to be a great club for Nathan and we can try our best to be a great club for Ivan. One of the big cat teams should get these two.

If the Roosters, Cronulla or anyone else sign the Duo, then we need to fire the board (barring the stupid Rugby League normal happenings or Ivan/Nathan not performing). Ivan has built the team here, he has selected the players and has a good relationship with them. Nathan and/or Ivan will want to play with their mates. Sure Nick Politis and others will call in the favours (if Nick even wants Ivan) but we should see Ivan stay with what he has built.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Tue 12 Dec, 2017 12:54 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 6:25 pm
Russell wrote:
Sun 26 Nov, 2017 6:22 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

I don't think so.
Couldn't be weaker than the Dogs.
What Lichaa, Mbye, Foran and Hopoate? If Lichaa and Mbye actually perform they have a great spine. I suspect though that Hopoate isn't a fullback but a Center and that Mbye is more a 5/8 then a half.

It's all a box of choclates, we don't know what were going to get.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 12 Dec, 2017 7:46 am

I don't think Ivan is the sort of bloke who would put himself over his boy. If he thinks the best move Nathan can make is to Wests I am sure he'll tell him, just as I think if he thinks that the best career move is for Nathan to take a deal at Easts/Cronulla/Melbourne/etc he'll probably tell him to do so.

The Chooks will go hard for Cleary Jnr and if Melbourne's half doesn't work out they may be in the mix as well so we'll be very much up against it. Will probably need some good external third party money floating around (and a good showing in 2018/2019,) to sew him up.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 12 Dec, 2017 8:31 am

colmcd wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 11:46 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:
gallagher wrote:

If Nathan and Ivan become a combo team (that's still an IF, I haven't heard Nathan talk up playing under his dad too much), it's up to us to keep or loose them. Roosters, Panthers or hey a cashed up Bulldogs/whomever will be placing their bids. We know this, we know that if Nathan has the goods then the cash will flow.

Ivan too isn't a supercoach. He is a good club coach. He can get teams to the top 4 in the past but he isn't a Flanagan, Green let alone a Bennett or Bellamy. Don't get me wrong he is exactly what we need, but we shouldn't see supermoney go for him.

Yes the Roosters will offer corporate deals and yes some club somewhere will go all out. Yet we got Benji and Beau on TV, we can still do our deals. The Panthers will try their best to be a great club for Nathan and we can try our best to be a great club for Ivan. One of the big cat teams should get these two.

If the Roosters, Cronulla or anyone else sign the Duo, then we need to fire the board (barring the stupid Rugby League normal happenings or Ivan/Nathan not performing). Ivan has built the team here, he has selected the players and has a good relationship with them. Nathan and/or Ivan will want to play with their mates. Sure Nick Politis and others will call in the favours (if Nick even wants Ivan) but we should see Ivan stay with what he has built.
He might've won a premiership but to say Flanagan is worth mentioning in the same paragraph with Green, Bellamy, Bennett etc. is just folly.

Cleary may not be a supercoach but imo he would buy and sell Flanagan and he doesn't need to condone peptides to do it.

2017 showed how good Flanagan is .. to my mind not as good as Robinson, Arthur and a few others as well.

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 12 Dec, 2017 9:30 am

Russell wrote:
Tue 12 Dec, 2017 8:31 am
colmcd wrote:
Mon 11 Dec, 2017 11:46 pm
gallagher wrote:
Tigerdon wrote:

He might've won a premiership but to say Flanagan is worth mentioning in the same paragraph with Green, Bellamy, Bennett etc. is just folly.

Cleary may not be a supercoach but imo he would buy and sell Flanagan and he doesn't need to condone peptides to do it.

2017 showed how good Flanagan is .. to my mind not as good as Robinson, Arthur and a few others as well.
Robinson???

He has a superstar team and Nick Politis.

In the preliminary final, he played 2 backrowers in the centres and a winger on the bench.

He'd struggle to make the top 8 coaches in the NRL