Nathan Cleary

iofthetigers

Re: Nathan Cleary

Post by iofthetigers » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 11:16 am

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 10:59 am
Reports saying Tyrone Peachey wants to back flip on Titans deal comes at an interesting time with Maloney being shopped around Nathan undecided maybe Gus is rearranging the deck chairs.
It also said if he was not going to the GC he could be at another Sydney based club.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 11:31 am

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 8:57 am
... and away we go again...
What round are we up to on Clearygate.. I've lost count now..
No more plodders!
:sign:

OldMagpie

Post by OldMagpie » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 1:47 pm

Maybe Peachey’s alledged backflip is because Penrith may realise that Nathan Cleary might be going elsewhere and they’ve offered Peachey a promise of being 5/8 and more money.
No, maybe NOT !
I couldn’t picture Gus forcing somebody to breach their contract, could you?

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 2:37 pm

The roosters need more depth, they might sign Peachy just for the hell of it.

Post by 851 » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 2:49 pm

OldMagpie wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 1:47 pm
Maybe Peachey’s alledged backflip is because Penrith may realise that Nathan Cleary might be going elsewhere and they’ve offered Peachey a promise of being 5/8 and more money.
No, maybe NOT !
:roll , No chance, a man of the greatest integrity
Go hard or go home

vlad

Post by vlad » Fri 24 Aug, 2018 2:50 pm

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 1:25 pm

851 wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 2:49 pm
OldMagpie wrote:
No, maybe NOT !
Looked like a man lying in his own grave last night

Post by 851 » Sat 25 Aug, 2018 2:57 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sat 25 Aug, 2018 1:25 pm
851 wrote:
Fri 24 Aug, 2018 2:49 pm
OldMagpie wrote:
No, maybe NOT !
Looked like a man lying in his own grave last night
Was funny wasn't it
Go hard or go home

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 9:55 am

I just hope whatever happens with dad and jr it doesn't drag on and interrupt our 2019 season.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 10:17 am

TIGER wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 9:55 am
I just hope whatever happens with dad and jr it doesn't drag on and interrupt our 2019 season.
I don’t think it will drag on past November this year.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 10:25 am

kingbrooks wrote:
Thu 23 Aug, 2018 4:02 pm
No he is not worth it. Even when everyone was raving about him I didn't see it anymore than just "good games". He is an origin half because everyone else fell over.

The only reason I would really want him is his a great goalkicker. In terms of general play, Luke has a lot more spark and a much better running game. Unfortunately he doesn't usually get to showcase it because our forwards don't go over the advantage line.
Market value says he is close to a $1M player especially as he is also a top line goal kicker.

The other halfbacks didn’t fall over, he was the form halfback before he got injured that’s why Fittler picked him with just a couple of games back from injury.

Maloney had to run the team in his absence and still wanted to run it when he came back. I think this is behind the rumours circling about their falling out. Cleary was directing the team at the start of the year when the Panthers were going strong.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 10:26 pm

It's very risky at the moment Kyle Flanagan looked good. There is cheaper options out there

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 10:37 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 10:26 pm
It's very risky at the moment Kyle Flanagan looked good. There is cheaper options out there
Cheaper dosent equate to better that has always been our problem.sometimes spending 20% more for a 10% better player is far better value

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 10:38 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Sat 02 Jun, 2018 9:59 am
greatodensraven wrote:
Fri 01 Jun, 2018 6:33 pm
Just on that potential 1/2s pairing of Cleary & Brooks, although it looks great on paper Brooks has struggled in the past when he has not been the dominant playmaker. Does anyone think he'd regress back into his shell if paired with Cleary or would he fire as a running 5/8?
We will have Brooks or N Cleary, not both.
I think that's the harsh truth we are looking at. There was already enough interest in Brooks, I can see 700/800K deals for him.

That being said, Brooks has a great running game and I think he would fit with Cleary. Brooks biggest flaws are game management and kicking... 5/8 removes a lot of those flaws.

Sadly Josh is on a 4 year contract and that is going to block us signing Brooks and Cleary.

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon 27 Aug, 2018 11:11 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 10:17 am
TIGER wrote:
Mon 27 Aug, 2018 9:55 am
I don’t think it will drag on past November this year.
If Nathan pick Penrith, I think the rumours around Ivan will keep swirling. Not sure he'll sign a contract two years in advance.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 6:58 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 3:55 pm
Set play wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 5:00 pm
No to 1 mill. Actually no all together. Dont need a half, we already have a great one here. I dont rate cleary as high as everyone else seems to. I would rather loose cleary senior before signing cleary jnr
By no means is Brooks a great half, hes improved, but , but has further to go to be anywhere near Great,
Not in the same category as Cleary, but together it could work.
One of The plainest differences between them, is that Cleary doesnt get himself crowded as much as Brooks, And seems to have more time for decisions, where as Brooks gets himself in panic stations , then ends up kicking into someones legs a lot more often
If they did work out together, we'd have two very quick halves '
Not sure why ANYONE would want to keep Reynolds in the team, did Nothing much in the last few years, and thats before the injuries ,
For his sake I hope he gets rid of them, but as a WT'S supporter, I hope its at a different club.
Yeahh, I know he "lOVES THE CLUB"., It means Bugger all.
I think you are wrong about reynolds

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 8:10 am

He is will get 1m or plus in his next contract. If Hunt is one 1.2m then Nathan will get that - split between cap and TPA's.

I think he would go well with brooks but neither will do much if they are playing behind the likes of ET and Huth.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 8:22 am

larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 6:58 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 3:55 pm
Set play wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 5:00 pm
No to 1 mill. Actually no all together. Dont need a half, we already have a great one here. I dont rate cleary as high as everyone else seems to. I would rather loose cleary senior before signing cleary jnr
By no means is Brooks a great half, hes improved, but , but has further to go to be anywhere near Great,
Not in the same category as Cleary, but together it could work.
One of The plainest differences between them, is that Cleary doesnt get himself crowded as much as Brooks, And seems to have more time for decisions, where as Brooks gets himself in panic stations , then ends up kicking into someones legs a lot more often
If they did work out together, we'd have two very quick halves '
Not sure why ANYONE would want to keep Reynolds in the team, did Nothing much in the last few years, and thats before the injuries ,
For his sake I hope he gets rid of them, but as a WT'S supporter, I hope its at a different club.
Yeahh, I know he "lOVES THE CLUB"., It means Bugger all.
I think you are wrong about reynolds
If Reynolds gets fit over the preseason and stays injury free for the 2019 season he will have a big impact on our games and help Brooks improve more so....I honestly think Grub can offer a lot in attack and he also loves to run the ball...I will stay with the Brooks,Grub combo for now until the Cleary saga is complete...Reynolds scored a great try the day he injured his shoulder and showed he can still open up a game...

Dont get me wrong,I would love to see NC with us,but its all up in the air atm,Grub is our best option,Benji has done a great job even though he has resorted back to his old style of play at times and with some luck this year we would have definately made the 8 with our makeshift side that we had to put on the paddock because of injuries to key players...
The dh role was filled with different players most of the season and we suffered,Robbie has strengthened and stabilised the spot ....
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D