Nathan Cleary

Snake

Re: Nathan Cleary

Post by Snake » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 9:34 am

Flick Brooks make a big play for Lewis all good at least he can read the game .

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 11:13 am

Lewis has just resigned hasn't he? Dogs will not let him go if they have moved Mbye and Frawley on.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 11:25 am

Yeah he has, bulldogs should be looking half decent by next year. Maybe they will sign a few more key players idk.....

If josh reynolds stays injury free :pray: we should hopefully have a good 1st round squad for next year with a few debuts in the form of dylan smith and thomas mikale prehaps :|

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 11:41 am

larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 6:58 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 22 Aug, 2018 3:55 pm
Set play wrote:
Tue 21 Aug, 2018 5:00 pm
No to 1 mill. Actually no all together. Dont need a half, we already have a great one here. I dont rate cleary as high as everyone else seems to. I would rather loose cleary senior before signing cleary jnr
By no means is Brooks a great half, hes improved, but , but has further to go to be anywhere near Great,
Not in the same category as Cleary, but together it could work.
One of The plainest differences between them, is that Cleary doesnt get himself crowded as much as Brooks, And seems to have more time for decisions, where as Brooks gets himself in panic stations , then ends up kicking into someones legs a lot more often
If they did work out together, we'd have two very quick halves '
Not sure why ANYONE would want to keep Reynolds in the team, did Nothing much in the last few years, and thats before the injuries ,
For his sake I hope he gets rid of them, but as a WT'S supporter, I hope its at a different club.
Yeahh, I know he "lOVES THE CLUB"., It means Bugger all.
I think you are wrong about reynolds
It wouldn’t be the first time that I’ve been wrong,, but I don’t feel to shaky on this one.
He was over his best a fair while ago and it’s not as if he’s going to approve from here on in

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 11:59 am

No but did u witness his impact and energy when he got on the field. I think you also underestimate the value of people who can pull people together .....it’s important....it’s called leadership

Russell

Post by Russell » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 12:22 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 11:13 am
Lewis has just resigned hasn't he? Dogs will not let him go if they have moved Mbye and Frawley on.
Unfortunately you are right CB.

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:03 pm

I will be very surprised if NC doesn't resign at the Panthers. If you listen to his latest interview he seems a certainty to stay there.

As for Brooks, I think he has been one of the form halves this season. Many of the other big name halves have been ordinary at times, Cronk, Hunt, DCE, Cleary/Maloney, Milford/Nikorima, Johnson, Reynolds, Thurston. You can watch many of their games and scrutinize their plays, defence, kicking games etc in the same way Brooks has been scrutinized on here, and find them all wanting. Frankly, all of them have better players around them as well. I am 100% supportive of Brooks and hope he gets an extension.

On Reynolds - not so sure. I am inclined to think he may be past his best. Also, even at his best he is not a technically gifted footballer, i.e. he is not a great passer or kicker of the ball, nor a great reader of the game, he needs a roving commission not a structure. He is a hugely passionate player who tries his guts out and his influence on a game is dependent on his fitness. I would bet that some of the tight early games this season that we won with Benji (before he was carrying so many injuries), we would not have won with Reynolds.

On Benji - I can not see him being able to go around another season. He has been carrying injuries for many weeks now and although he tries hard, his best is way behind him and he is now a passenger for much of the game. I think he will retire this year.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:08 pm

Resign and re-sign. Two complete opposites people.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:09 pm

Over it really, we'll know soon enough and everyone can move on from it.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:30 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:03 pm
I will be very surprised if NC doesn't resign at the Panthers. If you listen to his latest interview he seems a certainty to stay there.

As for Brooks, I think he has been one of the form halves this season. Many of the other big name halves have been ordinary at times, Cronk, Hunt, DCE, Cleary/Maloney, Milford/Nikorima, Johnson, Reynolds, Thurston. You can watch many of their games and scrutinize their plays, defence, kicking games etc in the same way Brooks has been scrutinized on here, and find them all wanting. Frankly, all of them have better players around them as well. I am 100% supportive of Brooks and hope he gets an extension.

On Reynolds - not so sure. I am inclined to think he may be past his best. Also, even at his best he is not a technically gifted footballer, i.e. he is not a great passer or kicker of the ball, nor a great reader of the game, he needs a roving commission not a structure. He is a hugely passionate player who tries his guts out and his influence on a game is dependent on his fitness. I would bet that some of the tight early games this season that we won with Benji (before he was carrying so many injuries), we would not have won with Reynolds.

On Benji - I can not see him being able to go around another season. He has been carrying injuries for many weeks now and although he tries hard, his best is way behind him and he is now a passenger for much of the game. I think he will retire this year.
Yeah true, just remember that whatever benji's decision is farah will follow.

Also if they do decide to leave, what potential in the squad do we have to replace them, signing cleary would be nice, not sure bout any of our players in the isp

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:34 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:09 pm
Yes but will they move on with tears of joy or tears of sorrow ??

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:36 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:08 pm
Resign and re-sign. Two complete opposites people.
My bad sorry... I meant re-sign. Cheers

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:38 pm

AFTER listening to nathan on t.v the other night, his body language suggests he is 100/1 to leave the panthers, but i will then say ivan is even money to be at the panthers before 2020

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:45 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:38 pm
AFTER listening to nathan on t.v the other night, his body language suggests he is 100/1 to leave the panthers, but i will then say ivan is even money to be at the panthers before 2020
Imagine that!
Both scratching their heads with confused looks

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:48 pm

Alan Pease would be impressed
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 3:07 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:34 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Either way it will be over and we can get on with it.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 28 Aug, 2018 3:15 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 3:07 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 28 Aug, 2018 1:34 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Either way it will be over and we can get on with it.
Either way we will be

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Fri 14 Sep, 2018 9:40 pm

Im a huge cleary fan but jesus thats a west tigers set to finish a game if i have ever seen one lol