Nathan Cleary

Chicken Faced Killa

Re: Nathan Cleary

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 8:13 am

Well with the news from yesterday Ivan is out of the building. I originally didn’t want Bennett but if he came with a focus on building the place for long term success rather than a smash and grab premiership he could do great things. Next week will be news week.

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:18 am

The Patriot wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 7:26 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 10:35 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 8:38 pm
I think it was 50/50 on people thinking Cleary had said enough vs not enough in public, but not attending the GF lunch, without explanation to the crowd there (as far as relayed to us on here) - that would be 99/1 against.

As ink said, suddenly and unexpectedly a lot more relevant.
Not so unexpectedly. Looks like people’s perceptions were in FACT reality😉
In all seriousness they can go on about body language and tin foil hats and "my tv is my source" at the end of the day they were wrong.

Some of us need an official announcement others have the ability to read human behavior.
I burst out laughing when I read that Patriot. You'r good for a laugh.

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:43 am

Beyond words how disappointed I am in IC. For a guy who has built a reputation and a career on his word and integrity, he has ended up failing in that department. Very disappointing. In a strange way I kind of hope it works out for him at Penrith because he has probably defined his career with this move.

This could be a catastrophe for the Tigers or a god send.

Its a catastrophe if........he goes and we replace him with a Potter/Taylor type or O'brien, brennan or Griffin. We would seriously be back to square one and it would damage us significantly.

A god-send if we jagged Bennett or maybe even Maguire. IC has proven this team to be coachable and not without hope and a good coach could probably hit the ground running. These guys would attract the final few decent players we need to make the step up.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:48 am

diedpretty wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 7:08 pm
Spud Murphy wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 3:12 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 8:25 am
The Patriot wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 7:31 am

Ill be following this closely, sounds like it has some legs.

Surprised more arent talking about it.
Thanks.. Be sure to let us know of any words on the streets of Brisbane

Bennett would be huge for us... Memberships and corporate sponsorships would go thru the roof... Massive challenge for him with us on the park tho... I wouldn't say no
I’ll run naked through Silverton if we get Bennett as coach next year 😱
Thats about a 10 second run - plus everyone will be in the pub so no one will see it.
Lol exactly! I never was very game :lol:

If and it's a big if, imo we end up with Bennett I reckon he could probably bring TPJ, Lodge and perhaps Boyd along with him! I could certainly live with that. Though cheering for Boyd would be very difficult :|

I'd still rather Cleary stay, but it's looking more and more like he isn't going to and I do think Bennett has more influence when it comes to getting good players to sign. For that reason alone, I'd be more than happy to have Bennett as our coach. Plus our post match pressers would be a real hoot :lol:

Post by 851 » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 10:37 am

I wonder if all those calling us who wanted a clearer statement from Cleary, brain washed, melodramatic trolls are reconsidering their stance.
Go hard or go home

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 10:39 am

Glennb wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:43 am
Beyond words how disappointed I am in IC. For a guy who has built a reputation and a career on his word and integrity, he has ended up failing in that department. Very disappointing. In a strange way I kind of hope it works out for him at Penrith because he has probably defined his career with this move.

Its a catastrophe if........he goes and we replace him with a Potter/Taylor type or O'brien, brennan or Griffin. We would seriously be back to square one and it would damage us significantly.

A god-send if we jagged Bennett or maybe even Maguire. IC has proven this team to be coachable and not without hope and a good coach could probably hit the ground running. These guys would attract the final few decent players we need to make the step up.
I agree with what you have written. Surely this type of behaviour resonates in NRL Headquarters because a strong WTs is beneficial to the NRL and the bottom line. Last year we sat by and witnessed 3 of our best local juniors, all of whom were Aust. Schoolboy reps depart to more powerful clubs and now we have to sit by and watch as our coach who has achieved success in improving the club potentially departs to another powerful club. Some strong action needs to be taken.

Russell

Post by Russell » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 10:45 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 10:39 am
Glennb wrote:

I agree with what you have written. Surely this type of behaviour resonates in NRL Headquarters because a strong WTs is beneficial to the NRL and the bottom line. Last year we sat by and witnessed 3 of our best local juniors, all of whom were Aust. Schoolboy reps depart to more powerful clubs and now we have to sit by and watch as our coach who has achieved success in improving the club potentially departs to another powerful club. Some strong action needs to be taken.
And it ain't gonna be taken by Toddy or the NRL. This is the Tigers we are talking about.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:27 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
I think it was 50/50 on people thinking Cleary had said enough vs not enough in public, but not attending the GF lunch, without explanation to the crowd there (as far as relayed to us on here) - that would be 99/1 against.

Did someone perceive that Ivan would skip the GF lunch? Good on them, nice prediction.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:30 am

fibrodreaming wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:18 am
The Patriot wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 7:26 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

In all seriousness they can go on about body language and tin foil hats and "my tv is my source" at the end of the day they were wrong.

Some of us need an official announcement others have the ability to read human behavior.
I burst out laughing when I read that Patriot. You'r good for a laugh.
Surely he/she jests?

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:31 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Glennb wrote:

Pretty sure the NRL dont give a rats about the Tigers. Im not going to go full retard on a conspiracy theory, but I dont think the NRL would care if a Sydney Club went belly up, it would provide the opportunity they want to expand.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:47 am

851 wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 10:37 am
I wonder if all those calling us who wanted a clearer statement from Cleary, brain washed, melodramatic trolls are reconsidering their stance.
Oh ... glad to be in your company "o wise one".

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:55 am

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 8:13 am
Well with the news from yesterday Ivan is out of the building. I originally didn’t want Bennett but if he came with a focus on building the place for long term success rather than a smash and grab premiership he could do great things. Next week will be news week.
Ivan is currently overseas. Long standing family holiday from what I am led to believe.
So back to reading the teal leaves.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:00 pm

Glennb wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:31 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Glennb wrote:

Pretty sure the NRL dont give a rats about the Tigers. Im not going to go full retard on a conspiracy theory, but I dont think the NRL would care if a Sydney Club went belly up, it would provide the opportunity they want to expand.
Yes Glenn this a thousand times! It would be the perfect opportunity for the NRL to rid itself of another Sydney team and expand the game elsewhere. Cronulla, Roosters, Souths and Penrith would be all they want to keep in the future.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:09 pm

gallagher wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 8:00 pm
Wounded magpie wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 7:28 pm
My client who attended today's luncheon (who also has TPA's with several key players) said IC is gone

I was told our coaching position will become more clearer over the next two-three weeks. Bennett is the preferred option, followed by Madge.

My client has attended a number of these lunches and said this is the first year he has not seen the Head Coach make an appearance
If we land Bennett or Maguire then we've come out well in front cheers Gus.
So trues. our potential has been well and truly noticed. By the way it also explains why no big signings have been done even though we have huge CAP dollars. the new coach will take of that.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:10 pm

Glennb wrote:

I'm leading more towards bennett.

Maguire last few years at souths concern me.

Bennett would be great all round including memberships and commercial

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:13 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:55 am
Ivan is currently overseas. Long standing family holiday from what I am led to believe.
Long standing?
They couldn't have had much confidence in Nathan's team going deep into the semis then.
As head coach you have certain commitments and as someone else mentioned fronting up at a function where members fork out big coin to attend should be compulsory.
Lucky we didn't get to the big dance?
Last edited by innsaneink on Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:13 pm

Glennb wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:31 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Glennb wrote:

They give us $12 mill a season, sooner or later we gotta take responsibility of our club and its future. Blaming the best run clubs or the NRL for our situation is ridiculous.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:22 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:55 am
Long standing family holiday in grand final week. Unprofessional if true, every club has commitments at this time of year.