Nathan Cleary

hsvjones

Re: Nathan Cleary

Post by hsvjones » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:37 pm

Sorry if been mentioned before but my understanding is that Ivan was not at the Tigers Lunch the other day and ALL other attended plus not at the Dally M's?

If this is correct this is very poor and just says he is gone and we need to clear this up Urgently.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:43 pm

hsvjones wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:37 pm
Sorry if been mentioned before but my understanding is that Ivan was not at the Tigers Lunch the other day and ALL other attended plus not at the Dally M's?

If this is correct this is very poor and just says he is gone and we need to clear this up Urgently.
It’s been discussed for the last 6 or 7 pages, but thank you.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:45 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:13 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:55 am
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 8:13 am
Well with the news from yesterday Ivan is out of the building. I originally didn’t want Bennett but if he came with a focus on building the place for long term success rather than a smash and grab premiership he could do great things. Next week will be news week.
Ivan is currently overseas. Long standing family holiday from what I am led to believe.
So back to reading the teal leaves.
Long standing?
They couldn't have had much confidence in Nathan's team going deep into the semis then.
As head coach you have certain commitments and as someone else mentioned fronting up at a function where members fork out big coin to attend should be compulsory.
Lucky we didn't get to the big dance?
Not to mention the message that one would be conveying to their own players. Loved the bus, but seems we have all been duped and only gotten a few stops worth of the ride.

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:21 pm

Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:22 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Well with the news from yesterday Ivan is out of the building. I originally didn’t want Bennett but if he came with a focus on building the place for long term success rather than a smash and grab premiership he could do great things. Next week will be news week.
Ivan is currently overseas. Long standing family holiday from what I am led to believe.
Long standing family holiday in grand final week. Unprofessional if true, every club has commitments at this time of year.
Feels like it was getting too hot in the kitchen and had to get away.

A fish rots from the head down, bad look for the club, especially given Ivan had only a slim pass mark for the year.

Post by 851 » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:36 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:47 am
851 wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 10:37 am
I wonder if all those calling us who wanted a clearer statement from Cleary, brain washed, melodramatic trolls are reconsidering their stance.
Oh ... glad to be in your company "o wise one".
Never professed to be a sage, also never took shots at others with a different opinion on the matter either, like some others in here
Go hard or go home

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 2:15 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:43 pm
hsvjones wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:37 pm

It’s been discussed for the last 6 or 7 pages, but thank you.
Yoss and Nelson are reporting in the "new coach" thread that Hodgo didn't attend the GF, nor many of the players either. I think we all agree that fans would expect the coach and players to be there, but whether it has more meaning...

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 2:57 pm

gallagher wrote:
Glennb wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:31 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 10:39 am
Glennb wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:43 am
Beyond words how disappointed I am in IC. For a guy who has built a reputation and a career on his word and integrity, he has ended up failing in that department. Very disappointing. In a strange way I kind of hope it works out for him at Penrith because he has probably defined his career with this move.

This could be a catastrophe for the Tigers or a god send.

Its a catastrophe if........he goes and we replace him with a Potter/Taylor type or O'brien, brennan or Griffin. We would seriously be back to square one and it would damage us significantly.

A god-send if we jagged Bennett or maybe even Maguire. IC has proven this team to be coachable and not without hope and a good coach could probably hit the ground running. These guys would attract the final few decent players we need to make the step up.
I agree with what you have written. Surely this type of behaviour resonates in NRL Headquarters because a strong WTs is beneficial to the NRL and the bottom line. Last year we sat by and witnessed 3 of our best local juniors, all of whom were Aust. Schoolboy reps depart to more powerful clubs and now we have to sit by and watch as our coach who has achieved success in improving the club potentially departs to another powerful club. Some strong action needs to be taken.
Pretty sure the NRL dont give a rats about the Tigers. Im not going to go full retard on a conspiracy theory, but I dont think the NRL would care if a Sydney Club went belly up, it would provide the opportunity they want to expand.
They give us $12 mill a season, sooner or later we gotta take responsibility of our club and its future. Blaming the best run clubs or the NRL for our situation is ridiculous.
Where did anyone blame any clubs or the NRL for our situation? PawsandClaws said that the Tigers are beneficial to the NRL and I posted my opinion that the NRL couldnt care less about us. No one blamed the NRL on what is going on about.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 3:31 pm

We have one of leagues highest ratings for games watched on fox and free to air.
3rd highest i think.
And a membership that grows instead of reduces each year.
If any Sydney club should be worried it would be Manly.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 3:43 pm

Glennb wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 2:57 pm
gallagher wrote:
Glennb wrote:
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 10:39 am

I agree with what you have written. Surely this type of behaviour resonates in NRL Headquarters because a strong WTs is beneficial to the NRL and the bottom line. Last year we sat by and witnessed 3 of our best local juniors, all of whom were Aust. Schoolboy reps depart to more powerful clubs and now we have to sit by and watch as our coach who has achieved success in improving the club potentially departs to another powerful club. Some strong action needs to be taken.
Pretty sure the NRL dont give a rats about the Tigers. Im not going to go full retard on a conspiracy theory, but I dont think the NRL would care if a Sydney Club went belly up, it would provide the opportunity they want to expand.
They give us $12 mill a season, sooner or later we gotta take responsibility of our club and its future. Blaming the best run clubs or the NRL for our situation is ridiculous.
Where did anyone blame any clubs or the NRL for our situation? PawsandClaws said that the Tigers are beneficial to the NRL and I posted my opinion that the NRL couldnt care less about us. No one blamed the NRL on what is going on about.
Pawsandclaws wants action taken in regards to us losing players and coaches to stronger clubs.
It sounds like hes suggesting there is inaction by the NRL that is hurting us.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 3:46 pm

Starting to look like the captain of MH370. The only difference is this is a bus.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 4:00 pm

helmesy wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 1:21 pm
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:22 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Long standing family holiday in grand final week. Unprofessional if true, every club has commitments at this time of year.
Feels like it was getting too hot in the kitchen and had to get away.

A fish rots from the head down, bad look for the club, especially given Ivan had only a slim pass mark for the year.
With all the talk in the media now is the time to show solidarity with the club not run and hide.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 4:54 pm

When would be good time to go on holidays?
Preseason starts in a month yeah?

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 5:09 pm

Did any of our coaching staff attend the GF lunch?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 5:14 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 7:24 am
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 10:39 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 7:38 pm
Wounded magpie wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 7:28 pm
My client who attended today's luncheon (who also has TPA's with several key players) said IC is gone

I was told our coaching position will become more clearer over the next two-three weeks. Bennett is the preferred option, followed by Madge.

My client has attended a number of these lunches and said this is the first year he has not seen the Head Coach make an appearance
Yeah...confirmed to me too not long ago, back to square one we go... :deadhorse:
So do you still expect the announcement to be the same Ink ??
what announcement?
IC staying ??

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 5:14 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 4:54 pm
June/July like our players.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 5:18 pm

Balmainian wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 4:54 pm
After the season finishes and before the pre-season starts?

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 6:37 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 3:43 pm
Glennb wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Glennb wrote:

Pawsandclaws wants action taken in regards to us losing players and coaches to stronger clubs.
I did write that the WTs are of significant benefit to the NRL and its bottom line. We are improving both on and off the field and my comment about the NRL related to two specific areas which I apologise for not including in my reply. They are

1. That clubs should not be able to make offers or contract new players if it cannot prove at the time of the offer or contract that space exists in the salary cap. This would avoid the situation of contracting players subject to moving existing players off its roster. This of course ensures there is a high risk some players may not be able to be moved on or are moved on at far less favourable terms, thus incurring a significant hit to the cap.

2,. The second issue is junior clubs and salary cap exemptions. My view is for a club to be in the NRL, it must have x number of junior clubs. Also that those clubs who do produce juniors receive significant exemptions in the NRL cap. Further that clubs which rely on poaching juniors should also incur a hit to the NRL cap for doing so.

Also in relation to the Cleary issue, attempting to contract a coach with two or more years to run on his/her contract is unethical and is only being done for one reason. Surely the NRL should step in to close this loop hole as it does for players.

This is just a couple of areas where I believe the NRL can improve rugby league.

tiger05premier

Post by tiger05premier » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 6:54 pm

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 6:37 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 3:43 pm
Glennb wrote:
gallagher wrote:

I did write that the WTs are of significant benefit to the NRL and its bottom line. We are improving both on and off the field and my comment about the NRL related to two specific areas which I apologise for not including in my reply. They are

1. That clubs should not be able to make offers or contract new players if it cannot prove at the time of the offer or contract that space exists in the salary cap. This would avoid the situation of contracting players subject to moving existing players off its roster. This of course ensures there is a high risk some players may not be able to be moved on or are moved on at far less favourable terms, thus incurring a significant hit to the cap.

2,. The second issue is junior clubs and salary cap exemptions. My view is for a club to be in the NRL, it must have x number of junior clubs. Also that those clubs who do produce juniors receive significant exemptions in the NRL cap. Further that clubs which rely on poaching juniors should also incur a hit to the NRL cap for doing so.

Also in relation to the Cleary issue, attempting to contract a coach with two or more years to run on his/her contract is unethical and is only being done for one reason. Surely the NRL should step in to close this loop hole as it does for players.

This is just a couple of areas where I believe the NRL can improve rugby league.
Great post pawsandclaws