Nathan Cleary

Lauren

Re: Nathan Cleary

Post by Lauren » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 6:57 pm

For those who are interested, Justin Pascoe replied to a felllow fan with the following. If anything, I think the team more than deserves a holiday right now.

Also did anyone else catch Josh Reynolds in this clip?
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/29/nrl ... edictions/ :lol:

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 7:04 pm

A non issue by the sounds of it.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 7:14 pm

Right or wrong ..... we are being led along on a leash by the media.
And I include myself in this.

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 7:28 pm

Anyone up for a slanging match?

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 7:36 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 7:04 pm
A non issue by the sounds of it.
Pages and pages of non-issue :lol: . I guess we have to keep ourselves amused with something in the off season. The media must be having a good laugh.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 7:39 pm

The coaches and some players were there last year

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 7:42 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 5:14 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 7:24 am
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 10:39 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 7:38 pm

Yeah...confirmed to me too not long ago, back to square one we go... :deadhorse:
So do you still expect the announcement to be the same Ink ??
what announcement?
IC staying ??

I havent expected anything one way or the other, I try not to take the medias words for things though I did fall for Gus saying Ciraldo would coach next year (time will tell)
I dont know whats going on...all players and coaches no shows at the GF lunch is odd when theres usually some players and the coaches attend..we wait and see...next week may shed light

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 8:32 pm

Glennb wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:31 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 10:39 am
Glennb wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:43 am
Beyond words how disappointed I am in IC. For a guy who has built a reputation and a career on his word and integrity, he has ended up failing in that department. Very disappointing. In a strange way I kind of hope it works out for him at Penrith because he has probably defined his career with this move.

This could be a catastrophe for the Tigers or a god send.

Its a catastrophe if........he goes and we replace him with a Potter/Taylor type or O'brien, brennan or Griffin. We would seriously be back to square one and it would damage us significantly.

A god-send if we jagged Bennett or maybe even Maguire. IC has proven this team to be coachable and not without hope and a good coach could probably hit the ground running. These guys would attract the final few decent players we need to make the step up.
I agree with what you have written. Surely this type of behaviour resonates in NRL Headquarters because a strong WTs is beneficial to the NRL and the bottom line. Last year we sat by and witnessed 3 of our best local juniors, all of whom were Aust. Schoolboy reps depart to more powerful clubs and now we have to sit by and watch as our coach who has achieved success in improving the club potentially departs to another powerful club. Some strong action needs to be taken.
Pretty sure the NRL dont give a rats about the Tigers. Im not going to go full retard on a conspiracy theory, but I dont think the NRL would care if a Sydney Club went belly up, it would provide the opportunity they want to expand.
They’d love, saves them from culling a team

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 8:36 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 7:42 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 5:14 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 7:24 am
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 28 Sep, 2018 10:39 pm

So do you still expect the announcement to be the same Ink ??
what announcement?
IC staying ??

I havent expected anything one way or the other, I try not to take the medias words for things though I did fall for Gus saying Ciraldo would coach next year (time will tell)
I dont know whats going on...all players and coaches no shows at the GF lunch is odd when theres usually some players and the coaches attend..we wait and see...next week may shed light
I know Brooks is in the States watching the Conor McGregor fight , pretty sure Reynolds could be there as well

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 8:44 pm

You know...Ive always though a GF luncheon during GF week was a stupid idea
Its like we accept we wont be busy this week of the year so lets milk the members one last time before years end

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 8:45 pm

Lauren wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 6:57 pm
For those who are interested, Justin Pascoe replied to a felllow fan with the following. If anything, I think the team more than deserves a holiday right now.

Also did anyone else catch Josh Reynolds in this clip?
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/09/29/nrl ... edictions/ :lol:
He didn’t seem to answer all the questions the fan asked him though...

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 8:48 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 8:44 pm
You know...Ive always though a GF luncheon during GF week was a stupid idea
Its like we accept we wont be busy this week of the year so lets milk the members one last time before years end
What was it last year? Where all the players went to and the coaching staff and Ivan said we did ok but obviously not good enough and need improvement everyone enjoy your time off and come back ready to rip in for preseason.
It was in the short story clip of this years preseason.
Was that Kelly Barnes or Grandfinal Luncheon?

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:02 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 8:32 pm
Glennb wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:31 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 10:39 am
Glennb wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:43 am
Beyond words how disappointed I am in IC. For a guy who has built a reputation and a career on his word and integrity, he has ended up failing in that department. Very disappointing. In a strange way I kind of hope it works out for him at Penrith because he has probably defined his career with this move.

This could be a catastrophe for the Tigers or a god send.

Its a catastrophe if........he goes and we replace him with a Potter/Taylor type or O'brien, brennan or Griffin. We would seriously be back to square one and it would damage us significantly.

A god-send if we jagged Bennett or maybe even Maguire. IC has proven this team to be coachable and not without hope and a good coach could probably hit the ground running. These guys would attract the final few decent players we need to make the step up.
I agree with what you have written. Surely this type of behaviour resonates in NRL Headquarters because a strong WTs is beneficial to the NRL and the bottom line. Last year we sat by and witnessed 3 of our best local juniors, all of whom were Aust. Schoolboy reps depart to more powerful clubs and now we have to sit by and watch as our coach who has achieved success in improving the club potentially departs to another powerful club. Some strong action needs to be taken.
Pretty sure the NRL dont give a rats about the Tigers. Im not going to go full retard on a conspiracy theory, but I dont think the NRL would care if a Sydney Club went belly up, it would provide the opportunity they want to expand.
They’d love, saves them from culling a team
The problem with culling a team always will be that you lose much of the suporter base even merging you lose some.If your club just disappears altogether it is highly unlikely supporters will follow anyone else despite what the clowns in the NRL think

willow

Post by willow » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:32 pm

Alright, enough thread derailing thanks. This one is about Nathan - not Ivan. I won't have another thread degenerate like the Ivan Cleary one so back on topic please or this one closes too.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:44 pm

willow wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:32 pm
Alright, enough thread derailing thanks. This one is about Nathan - not Ivan. I won't have another thread degenerate like the Ivan Cleary one so back on topic please or this one closes too.
Well you might as well let it roll on until something concrete is provided by the club.
Nothing much else to talk about until then.

philgood

Post by philgood » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:48 pm

willow wrote:
You're like a Nazi man! Lighten up

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 10:29 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 7:14 pm
Right or wrong ..... we are being led along on a leash by the media.
And I include myself in this.
The media are trying to turn fans against the club, giving us crooked snippets of information because they are tryin to make a dollar.
Some have made a career peddling fiction.

Honestly how many articles do you read online that turn out false,way of the mark and sometimes ridiculous.
When ever we hear from Pascoe, Ivan or the players that’s when you know you’ve got the right information.

I don’t like that they are discrediting anyone from our club because they are on holidays.
Suggesting theirs some kind of a divide.
The fans need to stay calm and wait until the club has something to say.

I, like most tigers fans have no bloody clue to what’s happening, I guess the reporters don’t either.

DBTBS

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 10:50 pm

philgood wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:48 pm
willow wrote:
You're like a Nazi man! Lighten up

My grandfather was a POW in the second world war fighting for the allied services in Europe I don't think Willow is a Nazi it's not a very nice thing to say