Re: Nathan Cleary

Post by Balmainian » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 10:54 pm

The Queen wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 10:50 pm
philgood wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:48 pm
willow wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 9:32 pm
Alright, enough thread derailing thanks. This one is about Nathan - not Ivan. I won't have another thread degenerate like the Ivan Cleary one so back on topic please or this one closes too.
You're like a Nazi man! Lighten up

My grandfather was a POW in the second world war fighting for the allied services in Europe I don't think Willow is a Nazi it's not a very nice thing to say
Name calling is cheap.

philgood

Post by philgood » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:09 pm

The Queen wrote:
philgood wrote:
willow wrote:
Alright, enough thread derailing thanks. This one is about Nathan - not Ivan. I won't have another thread degenerate like the Ivan Cleary one so back on topic please or this one closes too.

My grandfather was a POW in the second world war fighting for the allied services in Europe I don't think Willow is a Nazi it's not a very nice thing to say
Wow!

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:30 pm

philgood wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:09 pm
The Queen wrote:
philgood wrote:
willow wrote:

Wow!

How about you start a topic maybe call it... All things Tigers and life ...or something just have a mixed thread of things to talk about ...

philgood

Post by philgood » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:43 pm

The Queen wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:30 pm
philgood wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:09 pm
The Queen wrote:
philgood wrote:

Wow!

How about you start a topic maybe call it... All things Tigers and life ...or something just have a mixed thread of things to talk about ...
Queen thats a great idea. Although the Ivan Cleary thread should have remained open. People need to vent and converse. Willow and the admins do a great job but he comes across as being on a power trip sometimes

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sat 29 Sep, 2018 11:56 pm

Needaname wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 8:48 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 8:44 pm
You know...Ive always though a GF luncheon during GF week was a stupid idea
Its like we accept we wont be busy this week of the year so lets milk the members one last time before years end
What was it last year? Where all the players went to and the coaching staff and Ivan said we did ok but obviously not good enough and need improvement everyone enjoy your time off and come back ready to rip in for preseason.
It was in the short story clip of this years preseason.
Was that Kelly Barnes or Grandfinal Luncheon?

Awards night...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 12:37 am

I think I'm regretting changing Kane as my captain right at this moment in time

Geo send the Whambulance please

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 8:08 am

Balmainian wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 3:31 pm
We have one of leagues highest ratings for games watched on fox and free to air.
3rd highest i think.
And a membership that grows instead of reduces each year.
If any Sydney club should be worried it would be Manly.

And second highest crowds behind Souths for a Sydney team.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 8:13 am

Penrith Panthers

James Maloney has been ruled out of Australia's two end of year Tests in New Zealand with a persistent neck injury that will likely require fusion surgery.

Halves partner Nathan Cleary (ankle) is also expected to go under the knife for a regulation clean out, while Viliame Kikau (elbow) will also do likewise after playing with ruptured tendons late in the season.
After long standing family holiday first

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 8:21 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 6:37 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 3:43 pm
Glennb wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 2:57 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 12:13 pm

They give us $12 mill a season, sooner or later we gotta take responsibility of our club and its future. Blaming the best run clubs or the NRL for our situation is ridiculous.
Where did anyone blame any clubs or the NRL for our situation? PawsandClaws said that the Tigers are beneficial to the NRL and I posted my opinion that the NRL couldnt care less about us. No one blamed the NRL on what is going on about.
Pawsandclaws wants action taken in regards to us losing players and coaches to stronger clubs.
It sounds like hes suggesting there is inaction by the NRL that is hurting us.
I did write that the WTs are of significant benefit to the NRL and its bottom line. We are improving both on and off the field and my comment about the NRL related to two specific areas which I apologise for not including in my reply. They are

1. That clubs should not be able to make offers or contract new players if it cannot prove at the time of the offer or contract that space exists in the salary cap. This would avoid the situation of contracting players subject to moving existing players off its roster. This of course ensures there is a high risk some players may not be able to be moved on or are moved on at far less favourable terms, thus incurring a significant hit to the cap.

2,. The second issue is junior clubs and salary cap exemptions. My view is for a club to be in the NRL, it must have x number of junior clubs. Also that those clubs who do produce juniors receive significant exemptions in the NRL cap. Further that clubs which rely on poaching juniors should also incur a hit to the NRL cap for doing so.

Also in relation to the Cleary issue, attempting to contract a coach with two or more years to run on his/her contract is unethical and is only being done for one reason. Surely the NRL should step in to close this loop hole as it does for players.

This is just a couple of areas where I believe the NRL can improve rugby league.
This was raised at the last meeting between NRL and head honchos from each club - no one backed it. This is where the NRL lacks leadership. Each club had said no based solely on self interest and not for the good of the game. The NRL should have said thank you for your contributions however we are imposing the same tampering rules on coaches as there are on players. They didn't, instead they showed they were willing to put the clubs self interest ahead of the game and showed a complete lack of guts in bowing down to the clubs and using their decision as an excuse.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 8:33 am

diedpretty wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 8:21 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
gallagher wrote:
Glennb wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 2:57 pm

Where did anyone blame any clubs or the NRL for our situation? PawsandClaws said that the Tigers are beneficial to the NRL and I posted my opinion that the NRL couldnt care less about us. No one blamed the NRL on what is going on about.
Pawsandclaws wants action taken in regards to us losing players and coaches to stronger clubs.
I did write that the WTs are of significant benefit to the NRL and its bottom line. We are improving both on and off the field and my comment about the NRL related to two specific areas which I apologise for not including in my reply. They are

1. That clubs should not be able to make offers or contract new players if it cannot prove at the time of the offer or contract that space exists in the salary cap. This would avoid the situation of contracting players subject to moving existing players off its roster. This of course ensures there is a high risk some players may not be able to be moved on or are moved on at far less favourable terms, thus incurring a significant hit to the cap.

2,. The second issue is junior clubs and salary cap exemptions. My view is for a club to be in the NRL, it must have x number of junior clubs. Also that those clubs who do produce juniors receive significant exemptions in the NRL cap. Further that clubs which rely on poaching juniors should also incur a hit to the NRL cap for doing so.

Also in relation to the Cleary issue, attempting to contract a coach with two or more years to run on his/her contract is unethical and is only being done for one reason. Surely the NRL should step in to close this loop hole as it does for players.

This is just a couple of areas where I believe the NRL can improve rugby league.
This was raised at the last meeting between NRL and head honchos from each club - no one backed it. This is where the NRL lacks leadership. Each club had said no based solely on self interest and not for the good of the game. The NRL should have said thank you for your contributions however we are imposing the same tampering rules on coaches as there are on players. They didn't, instead they showed they were willing to put the clubs self interest ahead of the game and showed a complete lack of guts in bowing down to the clubs and using their decision as an excuse.
That’s what happens when you allow inmates to run the asylum.
And again total lack of authority by the NRL who just bend with the wind on most matters of any significance. Just refuse to rock the boat and protect their positions in the organisation.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 9:02 am

momo&medo wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 8:33 am
diedpretty wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 8:21 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
gallagher wrote:

That’s what happens when you allow inmates to run the asylum.
And again total lack of authority by the NRL who just bend with the wind on most matters of any significance. Just refuse to rock the boat and protect their positions in the organisation.
The few big clubs run everything.
The “independent” commission died when Grant was sacked and a number of truly independent commissioners resigned.

These big clubs formed a bloc and this bloc puts a lot of pressure on the smaller, less powerful clubs to vote accordingly.

It’s called status quo and the big few clubs like it just fine.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 9:33 am

Iam amazed With the whole coaching thing in general. A club can sack a coach at the drop of hat for any reason, okay they probably have to pay the contract out.....yet people get on there high horse when a coach talks to another club about possible employment opportunities. Loyalty is a two way street and the NRL is like any other business, it’s dog eat dog.

Not saying I like what has happened, but there is no moral high ground

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 9:41 am

philgood wrote:
willow wrote:
Lay off our Mods, they do a great job keeping this forum civilised.
Just go and have a look at the Bulldogs forum “ The Kennel” and see what a forum can degenerate into a trash site without proper supervision.
Hey Willow if you read this keep up the great work, we appreciate it.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 9:58 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 9:41 am
philgood wrote:
willow wrote:
Just go and have a look at the Bulldogs forum “ The Kennel” and see what a forum can degenerate into a trash site without proper supervision.
Generally agree and have had the odd post deleted without qualms, but with Ivan Cleary long being far and away the biggest topic of conversation and continuing to be so, deleting the entire thread over alternatives is odd.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 10:05 am

diedpretty wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 8:08 am
Balmainian wrote:
We have one of leagues highest ratings for games watched on fox and free to air.
3rd highest i think.

Considering how unsuccessful we are as a club, that's amazing! Sydney must be full of masochists like us on this forum :lol:

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 10:21 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 10:05 am
diedpretty wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 8:08 am
Balmainian wrote:
3rd highest i think.

Considering how unsuccessful we are as a club, that's amazing! Sydney must be full of masochists like us on this forum :lol:
We should be a powerhouse in Sydney with our support and juniors.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 2:56 pm

formerguest wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 9:58 am
bathursttiger wrote:
philgood wrote:
willow wrote:
Generally agree and have had the odd post deleted without qualms, but with Ivan Cleary long being far and away the biggest topic of conversation and continuing to be so, deleting the entire thread over alternatives is odd.
It was getting out of control and it descended into a slanging match.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 30 Sep, 2018 2:56 pm

formerguest wrote:
Sun 30 Sep, 2018 9:58 am
bathursttiger wrote:
philgood wrote:
willow wrote:
It was getting out of control and it descended into a slanging match.