Nathan Cleary

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2247
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Re: Nathan Cleary

Post by tigerap » Tue 06 Feb, 2018 2:57 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
Tue 06 Feb, 2018 8:38 am
This poor kid needs to play a full 12 months of speculation before announcing he is going to the Roosters... Its alot of pressure for a young kid his age, plus the hype that Freddy will pick him for NSW this year.

Tough 12 months coming up for Nathan!
You got that right....and guess who will be behind Freddy selecting Nathan Cleary to be NSW half in SOO....drum role.....The big Sombrero himself, Nick Politis....

You see by Fittler selecting(with the big sombrero pushing) N.C. to play for NSW, he, Fittler can then get in his ear to "further" his career at the Roosters from 2019....don't kid yourselves this isn't as crazy as it sounds....


User avatar
Fibros
Member
Member
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon 14 Aug, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Fibros » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 2:11 pm

Adam Lucius
Published on Feb. 4, 2018
They say revenge is a dish best served cold.

MORE: Penrith fans divided over Bryce Cartwright's departure | The frightening statistic your NRL club needs to address before 2018

If that’s the case, then Penrith could soon be delivered a frozen sh*t pie – family size.





The chances of Nathan Cleary staying at the Panthers beyond 2019 appear as likely as Gus Gould winning this year’s series of The Bachelor.

Nathan has watched on quietly over the past year as Te Maire Martin, Leilani Latu, Matt Moylan and now Bryce Cartwright departed the foot of the mountains for new starts elsewhere.

Four talented footballers – two of them prized local juniors – gone quicker than free beer.

At least two of those teammates left due to dramas unrelated to football, either in their personal lives or with those in charge at Penrith.

Phil Gould’s decision to punt Ivan Cleary as Penrith coach at the end of the 2015 season caused the coach’s family massive heartache and upheaval.

The reasons given by Gus – that Cleary was burnt out and in need of a break – only added to the angst and confusion.

Cleary felt neither burn-out or in need of a long holiday.

He and his family had invested heavily in the club and the local area and were in for the long haul.

Yet Gus said at the time: “It was the right decision for Ivan, and for the club.”

You could argue Gould was wrong on both counts.

Ivan was given plenty of opportunities to fire back at the time but politely declined every media request.

He’s been around rugby league long enough to know shooting off your mouth, especially if your target is the powerful Gould, won’t get you far and that another chance is never too far away.

But in a delicious irony, Cleary is now in a position to torpedo Penrith’s long-term future by luring son Nathan away to join him at Wests Tigers in 2020.

Nathan’s management team has shelved contract talks with the Panthers in a clear sign the half-back is seriously considering not extending his stay beyond next season.

Ivan and Nathan are extremely close and would love to be at the same club again sometime in the future.

Ivan won’t coerce Nathan into walking out on the Panthers to join the Tigers, but he may not need to.

Nathan saw first-hand the devastation Ivan’s sacking caused the family and won’t be swayed by any sense of loyalty to Penrith.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

User avatar
jrtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun 19 Apr, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by jrtiger » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:08 pm

Fibros wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 2:11 pm
Adam Lucius
Published on Feb. 4, 2018
They say revenge is a dish best served cold.

MORE: Penrith fans divided over Bryce Cartwright's departure | The frightening statistic your NRL club needs to address before 2018

If that’s the case, then Penrith could soon be delivered a frozen sh*t pie – family size.





The chances of Nathan Cleary staying at the Panthers beyond 2019 appear as likely as Gus Gould winning this year’s series of The Bachelor.

Nathan has watched on quietly over the past year as Te Maire Martin, Leilani Latu, Matt Moylan and now Bryce Cartwright departed the foot of the mountains for new starts elsewhere.

Four talented footballers – two of them prized local juniors – gone quicker than free beer.

At least two of those teammates left due to dramas unrelated to football, either in their personal lives or with those in charge at Penrith.

Phil Gould’s decision to punt Ivan Cleary as Penrith coach at the end of the 2015 season caused the coach’s family massive heartache and upheaval.

The reasons given by Gus – that Cleary was burnt out and in need of a break – only added to the angst and confusion.

Cleary felt neither burn-out or in need of a long holiday.

He and his family had invested heavily in the club and the local area and were in for the long haul.

Yet Gus said at the time: “It was the right decision for Ivan, and for the club.”

You could argue Gould was wrong on both counts.

Ivan was given plenty of opportunities to fire back at the time but politely declined every media request.

He’s been around rugby league long enough to know shooting off your mouth, especially if your target is the powerful Gould, won’t get you far and that another chance is never too far away.

But in a delicious irony, Cleary is now in a position to torpedo Penrith’s long-term future by luring son Nathan away to join him at Wests Tigers in 2020.

Nathan’s management team has shelved contract talks with the Panthers in a clear sign the half-back is seriously considering not extending his stay beyond next season.

Ivan and Nathan are extremely close and would love to be at the same club again sometime in the future.

Ivan won’t coerce Nathan into walking out on the Panthers to join the Tigers, but he may not need to.

Nathan saw first-hand the devastation Ivan’s sacking caused the family and won’t be swayed by any sense of loyalty to Penrith.
YES.

rottie
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri 09 Feb, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by rottie » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:44 pm

Would be massive if we somehow pull this off.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9666
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:53 pm

Personally I think it's more likely than not as it stands.


User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 32952
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:56 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:53 pm
Personally I think it's more likely than not as it stands.
The club certainly won't be sitting idle on this one Yoss and will give it a good shake.

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:01 pm

I’m on the Theory that Ivan is using the opportunity to beef up Nathan’s asking price.
I don’t believe he is a shoe in target for us and even believe that if Brooks or any other Halfback we recruit shows value for money as a Half that that would be a better option for the unity / balance of the club. That player or any other player required in a spot we are weaker in could come from that club that NC signs with.
My gut tells me the timing is not right and NC and IC would not be in the same side until NC has well and truely established himself as a veteran half.
Everyone is looking at this from an emotional perspective.
Ivan Cleary did not take up the job of coaching to coach his son in first grade. His been doing that everyday of his life for free without outside pressure.
Why would he or NC risk all that if it doesn’t go to plan.
It will probably in 2025 back at the Warriors or something.
NC will be signing his next contract like James Tedesco with his career progression in mind.
IC will be clinging onto the chance that he can one day become a super coach.
If they both end up successful as individuals then the two will combined.
I’m happy to have Egg on my face if the Cleary reunion happens within the next 5 years but I really don’t believe it to be so.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6124
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:25 pm

TigerTiger wrote:
Mon 05 Feb, 2018 4:50 pm
Would people see it as a conflict of interest if Cleary Snr lured Cleary Jr on a massive contract to WT?

After Cleary Snr has been signing no superstars, has no big name players on big money, then signs only one and it's his own son... Personally I think it would be good for the club, but am worried that people might turn on them both if it didn't go well. Saying that Cleary Snr looked out for family first above club.
And the better players that he could sign would be?????

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6124
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:27 pm

Needaname wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:01 pm
I’m on the Theory that Ivan is using the opportunity to beef up Nathan’s asking price.
I don’t believe he is a shoe in target for us and even believe that if Brooks or any other Halfback we recruit shows value for money as a Half that that would be a better option for the unity / balance of the club. That player or any other player required in a spot we are weaker in could come from that club that NC signs with.
My gut tells me the timing is not right and NC and IC would not be in the same side until NC has well and truely established himself as a veteran half.
Everyone is looking at this from an emotional perspective.
Ivan Cleary did not take up the job of coaching to coach his son in first grade. His been doing that everyday of his life for free without outside pressure.
Why would he or NC risk all that if it doesn’t go to plan.
It will probably in 2025 back at the Warriors or something.
NC will be signing his next contract like James Tedesco with his career progression in mind.
IC will be clinging onto the chance that he can one day become a super coach.
If they both end up successful as individuals then the two will combined.
I’m happy to have Egg on my face if the Cleary reunion happens within the next 5 years but I really don’t believe it to be so.
I think I will be sooner, but I have some doubts that it will be here.

User avatar
Fibros
Member
Member
Posts: 396
Joined: Mon 14 Aug, 2017 6:23 pm

Post by Fibros » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:44 pm

I think Ivan has a deep desire to have a Wayne Bennett type carer. He has that opportunity here. It's not unrealistic to think the Cleary's are the face of the club for the next decade. If NC plays rep footy this year I think our chances would increase drastically. It could be the start of something special for the club and finally make us a team elite players want to be part of.

Cleary seems to be at the start of a stelar carer and we are in the box seat.

Even if we lose him to another club, he has taken back control of the team form the players/managers. That was our biggest problem for many years and he fixed it in 1/2 a season.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9666
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 9:26 pm

willow wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:56 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:53 pm
Personally I think it's more likely than not as it stands.
The club certainly won't be sitting idle on this one Yoss and will give it a good shake.
Agreed. If Nathan wants it to happen I think it will happen.

TonyTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 323
Joined: Mon 04 Dec, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by TonyTiger » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 9:51 pm

How many games have we lost because we’re scoring in multiples of 4 not 6?
How many players do we have to buy to bring Brooks along?
How many times does Brooks have to say “it’s my team, I need to take control”?
We didn’t pay overs to keep Brooks as his value has dropped so if Nathan is in the sites for next year then I say “lock it in Eddie”.
No conflict of interest paying Nathan what he’s worth as the board will sanction the contract (not Ivan solely), buy him a Ferrari on the side and in true sombrero style record it as a lifetime subscription to People Magazine (getting a doctor to estimate his life expectancy to 300 years old).

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:21 pm

If we sign NC as a player on X wage I’d be expecting IC to get a hefty pay rise as a coach....
Just saying.

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9666
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:49 pm

Needaname wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:21 pm
If we sign NC as a player on X wage I’d be expecting IC to get a hefty pay rise as a coach....
Just saying.
Yes the same thought had crossed my mind!

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3238
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:53 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:49 pm
Needaname wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:21 pm
If we sign NC as a player on X wage I’d be expecting IC to get a hefty pay rise as a coach....
Just saying.
Yes the same thought had crossed my mind!
Same thought would probably cross a competent salary cap auditor's mind too...

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9666
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:56 pm

Nelson wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:53 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:49 pm
Needaname wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:21 pm
If we sign NC as a player on X wage I’d be expecting IC to get a hefty pay rise as a coach....
Just saying.
Yes the same thought had crossed my mind!
Same thought would probably cross a competent salary cap auditor's mind too...
Fortunately such a person does not exist.

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:58 pm

Do they go all the way into looking into private bank accounts?
Isn’t that how the Broncos do it, with the wives and Girlfriends all work for X wage forthe Broncos club or any subsidies?

Needaname
Member
Member
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun 24 Apr, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by Needaname » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 11:00 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:56 pm
Nelson wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:53 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:49 pm
Needaname wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:21 pm
If we sign NC as a player on X wage I’d be expecting IC to get a hefty pay rise as a coach....
Just saying.
Yes the same thought had crossed my mind!
Same thought would probably cross a competent salary cap auditor's mind too...
Fortunately such a person does not exist.
He used to, but his currently busy trying to shuffle the roosters sombrero into his personal account to make his time with the club worthwhile.

Post Reply