Nathan Cleary

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Re: Nathan Cleary

Post by Nelson » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 11:04 pm

Needaname wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:58 pm
Do they go all the way into looking into private bank accounts?
Isn’t that how the Broncos do it, with the wives and Girlfriends all work for X wage forthe Broncos club or any subsidies?
No they wouldn't have any power to do that, they could only ever do that by way of agreement with the individuals involved (family members etc).

There may be agreements in place with the clubs that allow them to access club accounts and demand answers about outgoings but then clubs could just use third party affiliates to make the dodgy payments. I think the poor old auditors are probably largely reliant on whistleblowers...


User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3792
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 8:00 am

Nelson wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:53 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:49 pm
Needaname wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:21 pm
If we sign NC as a player on X wage I’d be expecting IC to get a hefty pay rise as a coach....
Just saying.
Yes the same thought had crossed my mind!
Same thought would probably cross a competent salary cap auditor's mind too...
Wouldn't it be all above board to increase the coaches salary if he is doing an exceptional job. Like recruiting high quality players ?
If a dad chooses to help a son out with mortgage repayments or shares that wouldn't be unusual either.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2292
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 9:18 am

The NRL has just imposed a cap on the amount of money that can be spent on the running of a NRL club ie Coaches and all support staff.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2292
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 9:22 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 8:00 am
Nelson wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:53 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:49 pm
Needaname wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 10:21 pm
If we sign NC as a player on X wage I’d be expecting IC to get a hefty pay rise as a coach....
Just saying.
Yes the same thought had crossed my mind!
Same thought would probably cross a competent salary cap auditor's mind too...
Wouldn't it be all above board to increase the coaches salary if he is doing an exceptional job. Like recruiting high quality players ?
If a dad chooses to help a son out with mortgage repayments or shares that wouldn't be unusual either.
If dad gives any cash above $5K mr taxman charges the rest at your marginal tax rate.
He can loan his son any amount as part of his Will as long as he starts to pay it back even at a very small rate.

NT Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2692
Joined: Sun 28 Apr, 2013 9:00 am
Location: Sitting in front of the computer (again)

Post by NT Tiger » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 9:23 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Sat 10 Feb, 2018 9:18 am
The NRL has just imposed a cap on the amount of money that can be spent on the running of a NRL club ie Coaches and all support staff.
More help for the Roosters!
"Quality Stupidity"


yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1243
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 9:40 am

NC will be the premier half back within the next couple of years and will be paid accordingly. I hope that we are the club paying him.
As for Ivan, he will be paid commensurate with the job he is doing. Again, I hope he is one of the highest paid coaches - and it is our club that is paying him.

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 1954
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Sat 10 Feb, 2018 12:11 pm

Nathan Cleary is a top dollar player it comes down to which club he wand to play at. He’ll get paid most clubs will clear the room
To sign him.

TigerTone
Member
Member
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue 11 Apr, 2017 8:48 pm

Post by TigerTone » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 4:37 pm

Nathan Cleary expects Tigers to come calling

Nathan Cleary expects his father Ivan to come knocking on his door once he’s officially on the open market – but insists the pair has not yet discussed a change of clubs.

One of the hottest young players in the game, rival clubs can approach Cleary from November 1 with a view to prising him out of the Panthers.

The 20-year-old is off contract at the end of 2019 and is sure to attract an army of suitors, including Ivan’s Wests Tigers.

But Cleary, who still lives at home, is adamant contract discussions are not brought up over Cornflakes.

“Like any player they want to chase, he might offer something to me when the time is right,” Cleary jnr said of a likely approach from the Tigers.

“But that’s not for now. I’ve still got two years left on my contract so there’s plenty of time to talk.

“I’ve come to an agreement with Penrith that we’ll not talk about it for the rest of the year and will wait until the season is over.

“I’m more than happy at the moment. I just want to play some footy and talk about it later.”

Cleary is cut from the same unflappable cloth as his father, so it’s little surprise he is so relaxed about the pending circus over his next move.

It’s the same attitude he’s taken to reports of unrest at the Panthers in the wake of Bryce Cartwright and Matt Moylan departing the club.

Cleary said: “The media probably made it bigger than it really was.

“No-one likes to see friends leave but that’s footy these days.

“I’m more than happy there and I think everyone’s pretty happy.

“We’re a tight bunch of mates and we’re looking forward to playing with each other.”


http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/n ... xth6e3ewg5

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17149
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:37 pm

As if they haven't spoken lmao...
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20983
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:39 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:37 pm
As if they haven't spoken lmao...
Yep. All those nights at the dinner table talking about their day. As if indeed.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5647
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:45 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:37 pm
As if they haven't spoken lmao...
Well they can't admit it, but I would be surprised and disappointed if they haven't
Go hard or go home

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17149
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:50 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:45 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:37 pm
As if they haven't spoken lmao...
Well they can't admit it, but I would be surprised and disappointed if they haven't
I know they can't admit it, but surely the journalist is insulting their own, the Cleary's, and the readers collective intelligence by even asking the question knowing full well they'll deny it.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5475
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:25 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:50 pm
851 wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:45 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 5:37 pm
As if they haven't spoken lmao...
Well they can't admit it, but I would be surprised and disappointed if they haven't
I know they can't admit it, but surely the journalist is insulting their own, the Cleary's, and the readers collective intelligence by even asking the question knowing full well they'll deny it.
It's an appropriate article I think - let's just not talk about the topic anymore until it can officially be talked about.

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6866
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:37 pm

I can't see it happening unfortunately. And if it did it's just as likely to be at another club...
Nathan Cleary to sign with Melbourne, Bellamy to retire and be replaced by Ivan.

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5136
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:43 pm

Sabre wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:37 pm
I can't see it happening unfortunately. And if it did it's just as likely to be at another club...
Nathan Cleary to sign with Melbourne, Bellamy to retire and be replaced by Ivan.
Wow where did that come from?
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 20983
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:46 pm

Sabre wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:37 pm
I can't see it happening unfortunately. And if it did it's just as likely to be at another club...
Nathan Cleary to sign with Melbourne, Bellamy to retire and be replaced by Ivan.
Least it’s not the Roosters

WswWt
Member
Member
Posts: 649
Joined: Mon 11 Feb, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by WswWt » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:50 pm

We can’t let Ivan out of our hands!

User avatar
Sabre
Member
Member
Posts: 6866
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:06 pm
Location: Tiger Town

Post by Sabre » Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:51 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:43 pm
Sabre wrote:
Tue 20 Feb, 2018 6:37 pm
I can't see it happening unfortunately. And if it did it's just as likely to be at another club...
Nathan Cleary to sign with Melbourne, Bellamy to retire and be replaced by Ivan.
Wow where did that come from?
Nowhere. Not saying I have heard it anywhere or it will happen.
Just that it's one of the many possible outcomes.

Post Reply