Nathan Cleary

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17939
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Re: Nathan Cleary

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 15 May, 2018 3:39 pm

hammertime wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 3:36 pm
Maybe Ivan could then pony up for the oysters next time.

But alas, I think they are soon adding a cap for all support staff.
Bet your bottom dollar that if it doesn't go ahead they are both signed by Easts :lol:
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...


User avatar
joelw2002
Member
Member
Posts: 201
Joined: Sun 08 Apr, 2018 1:27 am
Location: Campbelltown

Post by joelw2002 » Tue 15 May, 2018 3:45 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 3:27 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 3:14 pm
Glennb wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 2:41 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 4:44 pm


are these two trolling Gus?
that was pretty funny. I laughed
:lol:
I reckon thats EXACTLY what they are both doing. Dad is pumping up Nathans next contract price like a good Dad. Can't see him coming here. If they were serious about him coming here they would be coy about it.
Why would he be coy? There's absolutely no surprise that he would want his son who is in demand at a club he is trying to rebuild.

They are just likely stirring Gould, and there's nothing to say that Nathan may not take the highest price if it means he gets to play under his father.
Could we not pay Ivan extra money and it "accidently' slips into Nathan A/C at a later stage .........

Ivan's salary is not part of the salary cap .......
I hope we sign Nathan, that'll piss Gus off and ruin his 15 year plan or whatever it is. Should've never given Ivan the sack. :roll
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

User avatar
TigerSkins
Member
Member
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun 10 Nov, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Canberra

Post by TigerSkins » Tue 15 May, 2018 3:52 pm

It's going to happen don't worry about that, dad and son at the same club, hopefully its ours. I think it will happen, the Tigers will certainly MATCH what Penrith is offering, and that's all its got to be a matching price .. !! I'm hoping it happens for 2019 as Nathan does have an op-out clause for 2019.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29351
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Tue 15 May, 2018 4:13 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 3:27 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 3:14 pm
Glennb wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 2:41 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 4:44 pm


are these two trolling Gus?
that was pretty funny. I laughed
:lol:
I reckon thats EXACTLY what they are both doing. Dad is pumping up Nathans next contract price like a good Dad. Can't see him coming here. If they were serious about him coming here they would be coy about it.
Why would he be coy? There's absolutely no surprise that he would want his son who is in demand at a club he is trying to rebuild.

They are just likely stirring Gould, and there's nothing to say that Nathan may not take the highest price if it means he gets to play under his father.
Could we not pay Ivan extra money and it "accidently' slips into Nathan A/C at a later stage .........

Ivan's salary is not part of the salary cap .......
Football operations have a Cap now something like 5,8M for the whole of football operations ...All Staff and peripherals..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

FOD001
Member
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue 15 Aug, 2017 2:49 pm

Post by FOD001 » Tue 15 May, 2018 4:28 pm

I didn’t realise that Ivan was a tigers supporter when he was a kid


User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6360
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Tue 15 May, 2018 4:30 pm

FOD001 wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 4:28 pm
I didn’t realise that Ivan was a tigers supporter when he was a kid
Yeh he said he used to got to Leichhardt 30 or 40 years ago to watch the Tigers, he also said nothing has changed there in that time.
Go hard or go home

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3960
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 16 May, 2018 2:42 pm

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/201 ... an-cleary/

Good Interview on NRL.com

Cleary.jpg
Cleary.jpg (116.41 KiB) Viewed 650 times
in Ivan we distrust

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 7081
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Wed 16 May, 2018 3:08 pm

Hard not to be impressed by young Nathan. No ego, just a polite young kid. Mitchell Moses should take a leaf out of his book. Love to get him on board, certainly will be interesting what happens next year when it starts getting serious. I have no problems if he remains loyal to Penrith, but if he goes to the Chooks that will change make me a very unhappy supporter

krayola
Member
Member
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat 26 Jun, 2010 10:12 am

Post by krayola » Wed 16 May, 2018 3:25 pm

Great interview. Nathan’s humble and wise beyond his years. Both father and son reflect well of one another.
One of my sources is Pascoe

The Queen
Member
Member
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat 08 Apr, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by The Queen » Wed 16 May, 2018 4:14 pm

supercoach wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 3:08 pm
Hard not to be impressed by young Nathan. No ego, just a polite young kid. Mitchell Moses should take a leaf out of his book. Love to get him on board, certainly will be interesting what happens next year when it starts getting serious. I have no problems if he remains loyal to Penrith, but if he goes to the Chooks that will change make me a very unhappy supporter

Penrith have tried to extend his contract for over a year now and they keep getting a no



Penrith know what they have the future Australian halfback and can not lock him up gus has said in the past that he can leave if he wants to i think Penrith know he wants to leave if he can not sign on the line abit like moses and i think that is why there is talk of the peach staying at Penrith next year is because Nathan Clearly will be at the Tigers

Dont anounce it till end of season try to win it this year then bye bye Nathan from November this year you can start signing player's for 2020 why wreck 2019 if someone does not want to be there

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2301
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Wed 16 May, 2018 4:20 pm

Earl wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 5:42 pm
I'd love to have him here. Release Reynolds to wherever and have Brooks and Cleary as our halves.
x2

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2768
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 16 May, 2018 4:45 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 3:39 pm
hammertime wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 3:36 pm
Maybe Ivan could then pony up for the oysters next time.

But alas, I think they are soon adding a cap for all support staff.
Bet your bottom dollar that if it doesn't go ahead they are both signed by Easts :lol:
I think Easts will go for Bellamy, proven winner.

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1981
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Wed 16 May, 2018 4:48 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 4:45 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 3:39 pm
hammertime wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 3:36 pm
Maybe Ivan could then pony up for the oysters next time.

But alas, I think they are soon adding a cap for all support staff.
Bet your bottom dollar that if it doesn't go ahead they are both signed by Easts :lol:
I think Easts will go for Bellamy, proven winner.
Bellamy will end up at the Broncos.

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3960
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 16 May, 2018 4:57 pm

We need to get Seafood sponsors on board.
They mentioned the whole family loves seafood and Nathan needs Oysters for his recovery but they are expensive.
in Ivan we distrust

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40778
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Wed 16 May, 2018 5:03 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 4:48 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 4:45 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 3:39 pm
hammertime wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 3:36 pm
Maybe Ivan could then pony up for the oysters next time.

But alas, I think they are soon adding a cap for all support staff.
Bet your bottom dollar that if it doesn't go ahead they are both signed by Easts :lol:
I think Easts will go for Bellamy, proven winner.
Bellamy will end up at the Broncos.
Can't see him coaching against the Big 2 Slater or Smith

But yes he will end up in Brisbane eventually

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1981
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Wed 16 May, 2018 5:36 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 5:03 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 4:48 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 4:45 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Tue 15 May, 2018 3:39 pm


Bet your bottom dollar that if it doesn't go ahead they are both signed by Easts :lol:
I think Easts will go for Bellamy, proven winner.
Bellamy will end up at the Broncos.
Can't see him coaching against the Big 2 Slater or Smith

But yes he will end up in Brisbane eventually
He’ll leave Melbourne the same time they do.

User avatar
jrtiger
Member
Member
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun 19 Apr, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by jrtiger » Wed 16 May, 2018 6:07 pm

The Queen wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 4:14 pm
supercoach wrote:
Wed 16 May, 2018 3:08 pm
Hard not to be impressed by young Nathan. No ego, just a polite young kid. Mitchell Moses should take a leaf out of his book. Love to get him on board, certainly will be interesting what happens next year when it starts getting serious. I have no problems if he remains loyal to Penrith, but if he goes to the Chooks that will change make me a very unhappy supporter

Penrith have tried to extend his contract for over a year now and they keep getting a no



Penrith know what they have the future Australian halfback and can not lock him up gus has said in the past that he can leave if he wants to i think Penrith know he wants to leave if he can not sign on the line abit like moses and i think that is why there is talk of the peach staying at Penrith next year is because Nathan Clearly will be at the Tigers

Dont anounce it till end of season try to win it this year then bye bye Nathan from November this year you can start signing player's for 2020 why wreck 2019 if someone does not want to be there
Peachey's COP on his Titans contract finished up a long time ago. They'd be looking to play Tyrone May at 6 and Maloney at 7 if (or when) Nathan moves on to WT.

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2937
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Wed 16 May, 2018 6:08 pm

I would supply and hand feed Nathan oysters if he came to Wests Tigers

Locked