Tigers interested in RTS

the third

Re: Tigers interested in RTS

Post by the third » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 6:42 pm

If RTS goes to the roosters we should sign Tedesco

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 6:56 pm

RTS is a great player most players suffer the year following a serious injury especially at Fullback with a poor club.
It’s a highly aerobic position and RTS is definitely more suited to fullback than Tui.
I can’t see how Tui’s physique has him inline for the role seems bulky for this role.

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 7:12 pm

TYGA wrote:
Wed 24 Jan, 2018 6:56 pm
RTS is a great player most players suffer the year following a serious injury especially at Fullback with a poor club.
It’s a highly aerobic position and RTS is definitely more suited to fullback than Tui.
I can’t see how Tui’s physique has him inline for the role seems bulky for this role.
Don't want to get into a Ding Dong Tyga - everyone is entitled to their opinion.

However I disagree that RTS is more suited to Full back than Tui.

I have the coming half dozen seasons to prove my point at least.

Munk

Post by Munk » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 7:54 pm

Needaname wrote:
Wed 24 Jan, 2018 5:32 pm
If you think about it.
Using this as an example of the style of fullback of the 2 not comparing actual talent.
RTS is like Val Homes.
Tui is like Ben Barba.
Based on the style we’d use I think I’d prefer a Ben Barba type.
I bet the sharks are missing him too.
Id much rather a consistent player who keeps improving and can handle pressure such as Holmes over an erratic flash in the pan chocky soldier like Barba

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 8:35 pm

Munk wrote:
Wed 24 Jan, 2018 7:54 pm
Needaname wrote:
If you think about it.
Using this as an example of the style of fullback of the 2 not comparing actual talent.
RTS is like Val Homes.
Tui is like Ben Barba.
Id much rather a consistent player who keeps improving and can handle pressure such as Holmes over an erratic flash in the pan chocky soldier like Barba
Each to their own I guess.
I didn’t mention my comment wasn’t based on talent however I should also have mentioned that it wasn’t based on attitude either.
I think Tuimoala has a much better temperament than Barba so that shouldn’t be an issue.

I’ve seriously watched a lot of games of Tui at Fullback for the Warriors, some in games where he started on the wing or at five eight and RTS gets injured or Tompkins before him.

He more than holds his own.
His busy around the ruck and involved in a lot of try finishes.
In defence he positioned himself fairly well and defused quite a bit with front on D and reading the play.
He did have a tendacy to drift a little.
However.
This is Tui being told your a utility and your a back up and going to train for the event that your covering that role at some stage in the season.
Not, ok Tui we want you to be our fullback and we are going to train you full time in that role.
With 2 excellent former fullbacks in Ivan and Brett guiding him, I’m expecting him to have an absolute break out year.
In six months under Ivan I believe Tui played the best I’ve seen him play at five eight as showcased by his form in the World Cup.

Anyway, that’s my feel on it and as I said earlier if RTS is available and Tui has that season I believe he can have, then I’m signing RTS for the wing / backup role.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 8:56 pm

I don't think RTS will go back to the Roosters. He walked out on them, don't think Politis takes to kindly to that sort of thing.

Funny that if he is unhappy that his brother would sign with the warriors, unless there was a lack of options elsewhere.

willow

Post by willow » Wed 24 Jan, 2018 10:34 pm

Nothing like a bit of a spike in the off-season speculation threads....I reckon he'd try his luck with the All-Blacks if they throw good money at him. Wouldn't mind seeing him at the Tigers though, I reckon we would be a better chance than Souths.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 12:19 am

Can’t see how his current style of play would suit the rah rahs. As I said before he was very poor throughout the year. Guys like him will always score the odd flashy try ... maybe the Warriors just aren’t the right fit.

Dan Blanco

Post by Dan Blanco » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 12:30 am

No-one signs with the All Blacks FYI.

They sign with an NZ super (provincial) team and then hope to get a training camp call-up where the coaches would get a good look at them.

It's not a far-fetched idea that he ends up signing with Auckland Blues, given his played NZ schoolboys rugby and is originally from Auckland. Not far fetched he signs for us in 2019 either - we'll all find out in due course I suppose.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 1:12 pm

Munk wrote:
Wed 24 Jan, 2018 7:54 pm
Needaname wrote:
If you think about it.
RTS is like Val Homes.
Tui is like Ben Barba.
I get what's being said. I think though Tui isn't exactly like Ben Barba, maybe more like Hodgson a little like Brett Stewart and I think their styles compliment.
He won't be scoring as many tries as Valentine Homes. But he will be helping to create the opportunities. Homes and RTS dive across the line themselves if they loose their speed or their team can't support them getting into position then they are in trouble.

I hope we keep Tui. I think he can be a decent fullback then a decent 5/8 in future. We need to be about the team, we need superstars but we need to get our team functional first. If we sign RTS, put him on the wing.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 1:36 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 24 Jan, 2018 8:10 am
jadtiger wrote:
Wed 24 Jan, 2018 7:37 am
Geo. wrote:
Wed 24 Jan, 2018 7:28 am
I think it's actually 82% chance...
The plot thickens but is that 82% of him coming or not coming ;)
50/50...
So 41% chance of him coming and going or is it 41% of him going and coming or 82% of neither happening

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 6:47 pm

I can’t believe what I’m hearing...... oh we don’t need RTS we have Tui.

Tui is not a proven fullback, he is still a bit overweight as well, I do however think he’ll be a good player. I think our fans overvalue the players we have way too much, don’t get me wrong I’m guilty of that too but when a player of RTS quality is avaible, you have money and your current fullback isn’t proven at all you chase after him.

What RTS did during the WC shows he still has heaps of talent, he would instantly be our best player if he was to sign.

I personally believe we’re lacking that X-factor in attack and if we were to snatch RTS we’d be a top 8 team. I’m not sure if I’m the only one but I’m not too excited about the season ahead I reckon our list isn’t strong enough compared to the other clubs. I do think our pack will be impressive and create a lot to go forward but we lack that spark in attack that will be missing with teddy gone and RTS has that spark that only very few fullbacks have.

I think he’ll probably go to union but if he wanted to stay in the NRL and it was between us and the Rabbits I’d be backing us to sign him.

Tui would make a good centre, he’s quite big and also has some good footwork and his defense is also good. Give him a bit of space and he’ll create chances, if not at centre then at 14 where he could really play anywhere from 1-7.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 7:34 pm

teddy23 wrote:
Thu 25 Jan, 2018 6:47 pm

Tui is not a proven fullback, he is still a bit overweight as well, I do however think he’ll be a good player. I think our fans overvalue the players we have way too much, don’t get me wrong I’m guilty of that too but when a player of RTS quality is avaible, you have money and your current fullback isn’t proven at all you chase after him.

What RTS did during the WC shows he still has heaps of talent, he would instantly be our best player if he was to sign.

I personally believe we’re lacking that X-factor in attack and if we were to snatch RTS we’d be a top 8 team. I’m not sure if I’m the only one but I’m not too excited about the season ahead I reckon our list isn’t strong enough compared to the other clubs. I do think our pack will be impressive and create a lot to go forward but we lack that spark in attack that will be missing with teddy gone and RTS has that spark that only very few fullbacks have.

I think he’ll probably go to union but if he wanted to stay in the NRL and it was between us and the Rabbits I’d be backing us to sign him.

Tui would make a good centre, he’s quite big and also has some good footwork and his defense is also good. Give him a bit of space and he’ll create chances, if not at centre then at 14 where he could really play anywhere from 1-7.
I can’t believe what I’m hearing - Yes me too Teddy23.

I mentioned in other threads the following.

RTS is not available until 2019 (probably never for us, that is ok though).

Tui is a recognised full back - saying he isn't doesn't make that correct.

He reads the play better than RTS.
He is a better full back defender than RTS.
Sets up his outside backs to score tries.
Does not hog the ball - Like Teddy and RTS.
His calls to the team from the back will be invaluable.
Didn't have any trouble keeping up with Teddy to score that try under the post.
On 2017 form he is a better proposition than RTS.
He is 100% fit (forget the shape).
Less than half the cost of RTS.

Weigh all that up and I'll stick with Tui thanks.

Munk

Post by Munk » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 8:05 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 25 Jan, 2018 7:34 pm
teddy23 wrote:

Written and spoken by Tui's mother lol...
RTS is twice the player. End of.

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 8:21 pm

Munk wrote:
Thu 25 Jan, 2018 8:05 pm
Russell wrote:
Thu 25 Jan, 2018 7:34 pm
teddy23 wrote:

Written and spoken by Tui's mother lol...
RTS is twice the player. End of.
That response was expected from you.... next!!!!!

Munk

Post by Munk » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 8:31 pm

Haha im just using the same levity you did when you wrote your opinion....unless of course you werent joking? In that instance I was just following your lead by saying something stupid. Multi faceted post.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 8:53 pm

Someone has a mancrush on Tuimoala Lolohea..I had similar on Marty Taupau..that ended in.. :cry:

Lolohea isn't a proven NRL fullback..I believe his preferred position at the Warriors was in the halves..he did well in the 20's and early on in his NRL career...he's untested over a week in week out NRL season...I think he will be good for us...not expecting miracles though ..solid First Grade performances..

Hope yours doesn't Russ..but it has an eerie feel to the way you use to talk up M. Moses..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Thu 25 Jan, 2018 9:17 pm

Earl wrote:
Wed 24 Jan, 2018 9:16 am
Cleary being 80% chance to come here and even having a chance of getting both him and RTS is hyperbole.

I honestly just want to see us develop our squad over time. If we get a marquee signing great but if we do I'd like to see that signing as a proven game winner like Morgan for instance or in a position we really need to improve.
Can we get Julia to pronounce that?
:roll