BIG signing coming soon

momo&medo

Re: BIG signing coming soon

Post by momo&medo » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:10 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 1:36 pm
TonyTiger wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 1:30 pm
I like the intrigue, it would be unprofessional to leak a signing before it is officially sanctioned by the club.
We all have our pulse back again after a lull, there is always great anticipation waiting for the announcement....
It’s like a Tom Jones concert, everyone’s ready to peel their undies off and throw them on stage when the new signing arrives ☺️
Its Barba and I for one won't be throwing my jocks on the stage for him

Lets hope the NRL stops the deal from happening
SIGH! :dead

willow

Post by willow » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:17 pm

Earl wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:09 pm
Harvey wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:51 am
It is William Zillman
That is a game changer right there.
Too right, the only game's he'll be changing these days are with a TV remote.

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:20 pm

CRONULLA have declared they would welcome back fallen premiership hero Ben Barba with open arms should he seek an NRL return.

Despite boasting a plethora of fullback options in Valentine Holmes, Matt Moylan and Josh Dugan, Sharks coach Shane Flanagan says he would one day like to see Barba back in the black, white and blue.

The 28-year-old looked electric in the English Super League season opener for St Helens on the weekend, scoring two tries and having a hand in another four.

After being suspended for 12 games for his second drug strike in late 2016, Barba had an unfruitful stint in French Rugby before signing with St Helens until the end of 2019.

Following his man-of-the-match display against Castleford, Barba said he desired to one day return to the NRL.

To receive the green light, he would need to satisfy the NRL he is rehabilitated.

Flanagan said he hoped to one day reunite with his former star No.1.

“Benny holds a special place in our current team and the club, he was part of our first ever premiership-winning team,” Flanagan told AAP.

“I know Benny made some poor decisions and he knows that, he’s grown up, he’s learnt the hard way.

“He’s had to go to another country and move his whole family. For those actions, he’s paid a big price.

“From my perspective and most of the people at the club, we’d like to think that Benny would want to come back to our club.

“When that is, I’m not quite sure. He’s got a couple-year deal at St Helen’s. If it does materialise, from our perspective, we’d like to see him back.”

Barba will forever be considered a Cronulla premiership hero after his memorable scrumbase trick play with Paul Gallen which gave the Sharks an early lead in the 2016 grand final before they went on to a claim a drought-breaking 14-12 win over Melbourne.

Flanagan said the club still kept in close contact with Barba to ensure his wellbeing, despite him having left over a year ago.

“From a welfare perspective, we talk to his wife a fair bit, our welfare blokes keep in contact with him,” Flanagan said.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:21 pm

There is no concrete evidence that it is Barba
Let us all assume it is not
We apparently have 1.4 million to spend
That can buy 2 players to fill our last two positions
Lets think about who we want now not next year
Who do we make a play for
I wonder if IZZY would come for 1 million plus third party payments
Now he has the Xfactor and would be a great roll model and ambassador for our club
That still leaves $400,000 to play with for a good young back rower
Who would you throw $1,000,000 at and why

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:21 pm

Could be just an attempt to make us pay more.
"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:33 pm

Suck in Flanno we’ve got him
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

TigerTiger

Post by TigerTiger » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:44 pm

If Barba has to choose between us and Sharks, who seriously thinks we would have any chance? We don't offer him the big deals on the side that they (and others) do.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:46 pm

I have been told the club is after Barba, but SG’s guy may be a complete different player we don’t know!

We do have two spots and SG has stated it’s for 2019, I’m sure Barba would have a release clause if an NRL club is after him and am confident it would be for this season, but that’s just an opinion not a fact.

I’m still trying to come to grips with when SG states it’s a long term positive, if it’s Barba you’d think he’d be a short term positive with about 2-3 years of good footy in front of him, cause he’d be approaching 30 when the 2019 season starts.

I’m hoping it’s not a fullback cause I’m really keen on RTS, and the only two exceptions would be Holmes or Latrell for other alternatives cause all 3 are gettable.

Barba wouldn’t be the worst signing but we can do better with the funds we have access too!

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:47 pm

And to think Tigers would of managed their mystery signing without any competition.
Grab him Flanno that’s ok. We’ll take Capewell, Your son and Holmes on the money we have available.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:48 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 4:35 pm
WELL WE ALL KNOW HOW MUCH WE HAVE LET DOWN BEFORE, and the fact only one person on here claims to know about this signing, makes me feel somewhat , well u all know. if this mystery player has signed at least let us know some details back or forward, local or o/seas player. or will next week come and go and we got no signing at all. or has teddy or woods realize the errors of there ways and want to come home.

I'm still waiting for that mystery prop from a few years ago to sign :lol:

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 6:50 pm

Wasn’t that Albert Verte??

hugh1954

Post by hugh1954 » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:18 pm

Not Barba Please !!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't Cronk only down for one year and maybe wants more ????

Red88 Tiger

Post by Red88 Tiger » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 7:51 pm

I'm keen on Barba as a player but question his character. After loosing a contract at the shark's and made ply his trade overseas in a different code because he felt hard done by then relenting to take the punishment doesnt grow him up what will.

THE POM

Post by THE POM » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:31 pm

It is 100% not Ben Barba or any player at this stage. Been confirmed by multiple sources. Ben Barba goes against the type of culture being built & would be seen as a negative for the club.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:34 pm

...and there's full circle

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:35 pm

THE POM wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:31 pm
It is 100% not Ben Barba or any player at this stage. Been confirmed by multiple sources. Ben Barba goes against the type of culture being built & would be seen as a negative for the club.
Well there goes that rumour!

Cheers Pom

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:37 pm

I'd trust The Pom over SG.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:37 pm

Nelson wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:35 pm
THE POM wrote:
Fri 09 Feb, 2018 8:31 pm
Well there goes that rumour!

Cheers Pom
Time to close the thread. 23 pages of nothingness! Why the hell do you do this SG??