What is Brooks best position

NT Tiger

Re: What is Brooks best position

Post by NT Tiger » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 11:27 am

ku5tom wrote:
Thu 01 Mar, 2018 10:57 am
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/02/28/bro ... t-to-come/

Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks talks about living up to expectations, the Andrew Johns comparison and Benji Marshall’s return
More walk less talk
"Quality Stupidity"

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 12:06 pm

Needaname wrote:
Fri 23 Feb, 2018 10:13 pm

Lawrence was making 20 meters a run on the back of Brooks delivery, when was the last time you saw that?

Brooks have never been coached properly and from what we can see in the preseason Ivan has him engaged and willing to learn
I thought these were two good points.

I had noticed the Lawrence thing as well, he will benefit the most now we are more direct under Cleary.

Im hoping Brooks can come good, you are right he has never had a good coach Add to that not even a good forward pack or strong leaders around him, all true.

But man he was disappointing in the last trial. He stank it up.

Im about ready to hit the panic button.

Bee-Em

Post by Bee-Em » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 12:28 pm

A Moses Suli article in todays DT, Willie Peters laments on his introduction to 1st grade and how he at the time was compared to Peter Sterling. He mentions it was a rough start, people thought he was crap, which eventuated in an early move overseas to find his bearings again
Wind the clock forward near 20 years and the same could be said for Luke Brooks, huge expectations with comparisons to Andrew Johns...Pressure Plus
I'm not saying he should be going to England, but maybe now the fact he has a proven coach, a decent forward pack and he is maturing every year, he might just surprise a few people.
Excelling in any sport is all about confidence, he just needs to have some in his own ability.
I hope he smashes it.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Thu 01 Mar, 2018 2:33 pm

Sharks were very clinical and playing the way they did would of beat anyone in the comp.

We made some bad errors and gave away cheap penalties and were on the backfoot for a long period in the first half. Kicking out on the full, not playing the ball and dead in goal kicks really hurt us and gave the new forwards a tough first stint in 2018.

Brooks wasn't as bad as most people are saying and was getting some horrible service. I agree his kicking does need to improve for us to compete with the top teams and I think it will as long we are competing well in the middle and getting good service from DH. I noticed he had some nice combinations with Lawrence but would like to see him backing up some of our forwards for second phase play as he can do some serious damage with his running game with Tui and Thompson.

I would really like to see Brooks play well this year but if he doesn't at least Benji will get plenty of game time. I think having Benji at the club will really help just look at the articles coming out of Brisbane saying how valuable he was just not as a player but mentor for the halves with managing the team on the field and kicking.

BigUnit

Post by BigUnit » Sun 11 Mar, 2018 12:28 pm

I saw a snippet of a potential hooker move

He has great front on defence (much better than edge)

And left foot kicking out of dummy half quickly he nailed a beauty. Even more distance that Farah could ever kick.

He could clone his style on Farah in his prime.

Worth an experiment if Reynolds comes back early. And Benji to half with intention of signing Cleary as long term half back.