Fullback Recruit

Doc Tiger

Re: Fullback Recruit

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 8:01 am

multiple pages about JT and Brooks in a fullback thread. What garbage at what point does it end?

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 8:04 am

Tigerdon wrote:
Sun 15 Apr, 2018 7:41 am
05TIGZ wrote:
Sat 14 Apr, 2018 10:53 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 14 Apr, 2018 7:47 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Sat 14 Apr, 2018 7:39 pm

Because his fan boys are trying to rewrite history.
You're doing a good job of that too saying he assembled an average forward pack for Brooks, implying he assembled them out of choice. He had no money to do anything. You can bag him for a lot of stuff, but some take the licence to bash him for anything and everything, even the things he had no control over, like the salary cap. Then praise Cleary. Their roster management is completely incomparable due to the difference of the cap situation. You'll probably call me a fanboy, whatever. Only saying criticise him for stuff he actually had control over, of which there are dozens of things. You don't need to make up stories.
Was he in control of our defence or was that out of his hands aswell lol lol
The commentators have been very critical of the Roosters attack. Is Jason Taylor there Attack Coach ?
For all the players we have signed and or lost over the past few years and the impact that has had on our club, the most significant impact and the best thing to happen to our club and team, was the sacking of JT after two and a bit years of turmoil and no progress, and the hiring of Cleary who has managed to turn things around with a roster that at the beginning of the year were considered favourites for the wooden spoon.
Still early days, but has already shown enough to show it was best decision this club has made in a long time, while hiring JT -complete disaster.

Sunnycoast tiger

Post by Sunnycoast tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 8:14 am

We may have a very good fullback in Dylan Smith, let's see how goes with a few games in ISP first before we rush out and buy a fullback. We need wingers and centers with pace first and foremost. And Tariq Sims would be nice aswell.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 8:24 am

Good test for Thompson at fullback today. Up against Turbo, with DCE kicks coming his way.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 8:33 am

Hope he's ready for that snap inside chip that dce tends to use more and more lately. I hope the day goes well for Corey. If he shines, we could be in for a great afternoon.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 8:51 am

junior05 wrote:
Sun 15 Apr, 2018 8:14 am
We may have a very good fullback in Dylan Smith, let's see how goes with a few games in ISP first before we rush out and buy a fullback. We need wingers and centers with pace first and foremost. And Tariq Sims would be nice aswell.
This could be a good idea. Kill two birds with one stone as it would force Lolohea to centre and we can see how he goes there at the same time.
Its an opinion!

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 9:56 am

junior05 wrote:
Physically a long way off first grade. Like Ryan Pap and Matt Dufty, he will be best served holding back until physically ready. May take 2 years, even 3. So we have plenty of time to sign another fullback.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 9:57 am

Bevan French has spat the dummy upon Guthersons return and ran the ball once last night.Was electric at fullback in 2016 injured last year. Again another small fullback but a quality player that may want out.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 10:05 am

TYGA wrote:
Sun 15 Apr, 2018 9:57 am
Bevan French has spat the dummy upon Guthersons return and ran the ball once last night.Was electric at fullback in 2016 injured last year. Again another small fullback but a quality player that may want out.
We just got rid of a player with that attitude... Do we need another one?

Sunnycoast tiger

Post by Sunnycoast tiger » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 10:16 am

king sirro wrote:
Sun 15 Apr, 2018 9:56 am
junior05 wrote:
We may have a very good fullback in Dylan Smith, let's see how goes with a few games in ISP first before we rush out and buy a fullback. We need wingers and centers with pace first and foremost. And Tariq Sims would be nice as well.
Physically a long way off first grade. Like Ryan Pap and Matt Dufty, he will be best served holding back until physically ready. May take 2 years, even 3. So we have plenty of time to sign another fullback.
I agree to some degree, Ryan Pap has only played one game for Sunshine Coast Falcons and to me, he looked out of his deep in that game.But Matt Dufty is going great at this movement. There are a few good fullbacks in the ISP, Jai field, William Kennedy just to name a few.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 10:18 am

innsaneink wrote:
Sun 15 Apr, 2018 10:05 am
TYGA wrote:
Sun 15 Apr, 2018 9:57 am
We just got rid of a player with that attitude... Do we need another one?
Fair point but he would have zero competition at fullback with Thompson on the wing. I am sure I read we wanted him for Moses but Eels declined.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 10:41 am

French is a good player but on the small side...
Don't think he's the player we want or need.

Awful game last night.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 15 Apr, 2018 12:35 pm

Thompson should go well and hopefully cements his position. He is a real competitor.

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:30 am

Thompson is safe at the back, nothing flash but gets the job done

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:52 am

Thompson is a very good player, He has a ton of guts & never gives up, will do me & he can play other positions which is very handy.

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 7:57 am

Another solid game at fullback from Thompson. Not many run meters from him but was really safe. Which is the main thing.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 8:02 am

junior05 wrote:
Sun 15 Apr, 2018 10:16 am
king sirro wrote:
Sun 15 Apr, 2018 9:56 am
junior05 wrote:
We may have a very good fullback in Dylan Smith, let's see how goes with a few games in ISP first before we rush out and buy a fullback. We need wingers and centers with pace first and foremost. And Tariq Sims would be nice as well.

I agree to some degree, Ryan Pap has only played one game for Sunshine Coast Falcons and to me, he looked out of his deep in that game.But Matt Dufty is going great at this movement. There are a few good fullbacks in the ISP, Jai field, William Kennedy just to name a few.
Wait... Bubba Kennedy is back!? I thought he was wasted in the centres and should have been a fullback.

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 16 Apr, 2018 4:10 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Sun 15 Apr, 2018 7:41 am
05TIGZ wrote:
Sat 14 Apr, 2018 10:53 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 14 Apr, 2018 7:47 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Sat 14 Apr, 2018 7:39 pm

Because his fan boys are trying to rewrite history.
You're doing a good job of that too saying he assembled an average forward pack for Brooks, implying he assembled them out of choice. He had no money to do anything. You can bag him for a lot of stuff, but some take the licence to bash him for anything and everything, even the things he had no control over, like the salary cap. Then praise Cleary. Their roster management is completely incomparable due to the difference of the cap situation. You'll probably call me a fanboy, whatever. Only saying criticise him for stuff he actually had control over, of which there are dozens of things. You don't need to make up stories.
Was he in control of our defence or was that out of his hands aswell lol lol
The commentators have been very critical of the Roosters attack. Is Jason Taylor there Attack Coach ?
Yes it’s Taylorball mark 2, and the Chookpen members are blowing up big time.
5 tackles bomb.