The rumour that I keep hearing.

MG1962

Re: The rumour that I keep hearing.

Post by MG1962 » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 1:32 pm

There is a big jump from 'being chased' and 'being interested' Just ask Nicole Kidman's stalkers :)

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 1:43 pm

TopTiger wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 11:51 am
I feel that Cleary would be more likely to stay given the expectations placed on any Rooster's coach is extreme compared to that of the Tigers coach (not saying we don't aim to win a premiership each year but we are more realistic that we are in a rebuilding phase that is currently reaping rewards above our expectations). Cleary & Pascoe enjoy a close working relationship and I feel Cleary enjoys the support he receives from Management at the Tigers and as long as the Tigers offer him a competitive contract I feel he will stay.
He won't be going to the Chooks.

Would you have your son, a smoking NRL halfback goto a club that sacked Mitchell Pearce? They are a turnstyle and it would condemn Cleary Jnr to being a Journeyman.

However here is what the Chooks will do.
Give Ivan Cleary a 2M contract or more. Disguising his sons payment in with his fathers Coaching payment. Hence they could sign N Cleary on 600k but have a kickback of an extra million.

Promise mentors like Minnichello and Cooper Cronk.

Still, it won't happen. Cleary is not top shelf. Well not yet.

Post by 851 » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 1:54 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 1:22 pm
FreddyK wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 11:42 am
Fibros wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 11:39 am
Demps wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 11:22 am
LOL, Inside info from some one at the roosters...
Their name is ... the chook pen.

Read this on many forums.
I'm sure the doggies wish they had Cleary too...
And Parra & the raiders... and the warriors probably as well despite the wins they're getting.

We will see.
You forgot Penrith
Don't forget that Uncle Wayne is under pressure up North. Include the Broncos
Lol under pressure from who? He runs the club.
The bronco's want Paul Green, hence Green knocked back the big offer to re-sign at the Cows last week and stay on the open market.
Go hard or go home

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 3:40 pm

Don't be so sure about Ivan staying with us for a Decade, he did the rounds as a player appearing at Manly, Norths, Easts & the Worriers and as a coach left the Worriers early despite coaching them to a Grand Final.
The only person's plans that Ivan didn't fit into was Gus at the Riff, are the Panthers better or worse off without Ivan, personally I'm chuffed that he took on a basket case of a club when he had a cushy role with the NRL, he is a man on unfinished business but when it comes to business the Rorters have the best contacts in town.

Post by 851 » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 3:56 pm

GoldXR50Leroy wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 3:40 pm
Don't be so sure about Ivan staying with us for a Decade, he did the rounds as a player appearing at Manly, Norths, Easts & the Worriers and as a coach left the Worriers early despite coaching them to a Grand Final.
The only person's plans that Ivan didn't fit into was Gus at the Riff, are the Panthers better or worse off without Ivan, personally I'm chuffed that he took on a basket case of a club when he had a cushy role with the NRL, he is a man on unfinished business but when it comes to business the Rorters have the best contacts in town.
He left Manly because he wanted to play fullback and was stuck behind Matthew Ridge.
So he went to Norths to replace Greg Barwick, but they unearthed Matt Seers, so he went to Easts to play fullback, but they kept putting him in the centres, so he went to the Warriors.
He was unlucky because each club had good fullback or unearthed one while he was there.
Go hard or go home

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 4:08 pm

More to it than money. Ivan has the opportunity to build a legacy here not something he will be afforded at the Roosters

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 4:37 pm

I agree on an opportunity for a legacy. For WT the only coach I remember in terms of legacy is Tim Sheens- despite eventually staying too long. Ivan has a chance to do similar stellar efforts for the club.

His work so far has been great but for any real lasting remembrance it must involve getting into finals a few times and at least 1 premiership. Then his job is done for us with thanks and gratitude.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 6:12 pm

The Chooks will not be the only team having a dash at Cleary. He will be in big demand, especially from the battling clubs as he is renowned for getting teams out of the cellar

The Queen

Post by The Queen » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 6:33 pm

Ivan wanted to stay at the warriors but they did not want to sign him up long term and Gus came along and offed him a long term deal the year after his contract ended at the warriors Gus said he would wait then the warriors released him early............. then when Gus got involved with the Penrith coaching side was when the Penrith team could not score many points and started over riding Ivan with the attacking structures Ivan did not like it and Gus got rid of him Gus said Ivan was tired and I think that comment had to do with ivans tired attacking structures

Milky

Post by Milky » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 9:28 pm

Ivans coaching style suits teams with minimum contract players who want to play for eachother.

He would get the exact opposite at the chooks. Too many marquee players to build depth.

He won’t go there.

westy81

Post by westy81 » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 9:46 pm

This is how I think it will go: We will re-sign IC some time in 2019 ( probably a 3 year deal), once that is done then NC will sign on for 4 years, rorters miss out on Cleary’s and then they will put Robinson in a GM gig at the roosters and sign there ex assistant coach and current St Helens coach Justin Holbrook, who has turned that team around since arriving there
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

The Old Fox

Post by The Old Fox » Mon 09 Apr, 2018 9:53 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 10:42 am
The Old Fox wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 10:12 am
I heard a pig flew over the moon, don't believe it.
That was a cow, and it jumped.

The cow jumped over the moon,
the little dog was called balsa wood
and the eel ran away with the spoon.
lol..that right pigs fly backwards

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 7:10 am

We don't necessarily need Ivan for 10 years (would obviously be awesome though, the next Craig Bellamy) as long as we have him now and he's building this team he won't be leaving. He probably already has ideas about bringing his son here in 2020. I definitely think IC will get an extension on his current contract, if the squad keeps going the way it is now.
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Onthebus

Post by Onthebus » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 9:41 am

Ivan has full control at the Tigers, something he didn't get at the Panthers and definitely won't get at the Rorters.

He is building our club a new culture and I can't see him wanting to jump ship.

iofthetigers

Post by iofthetigers » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 9:59 am

[[/quote]
The bronco's want Paul Green, hence Green knocked back the big offer to re-sign at the Cows last week and stay on the open market.
[/quote]
Their first choice is Bellamy

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 11:37 am

Snake wrote:
Mon 09 Apr, 2018 9:47 am
Has uncle Nic got Cancer ... his parting gift?
Can germs get cancer?
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.

Eye of the Tiger

Post by Eye of the Tiger » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 12:14 pm

From what i heard if things keep going the way they are at the Roosters they will be looking for a new coach a lot sooner then 2020.

They expect a premiership this year. Expect changes if they don't win one.

weststigers

Post by weststigers » Tue 10 Apr, 2018 1:04 pm

Not a lot of coaches front up with their CEO.

Pascoe and Cleary seem to get along.

Coming from a low base, Cleary has done wonders...so far. His job stability looks good...so far.

Pascoe is reaping the benefits of what Cleary is doing with the team - essentially, they rely on each other.

Cleary has the team he wants...built from the ground up. If he went to another team, you can throw away 1 or 2 years to rebuild the roster. Possible job insecurity while the results might not come during this phase.

If he is winning, with control of the roster and the team that he wants, he would be eligible for an upgraded contract with more money.

Why would Cleary leave a working formula to start again at a new club? Any club?

He can bring his son here and pay him what he wants - I reckon he'll be here in 2020.