WOULD IZZY ADD VALUE TO WESTS TIGERS

westTAHger

Re: WOULD IZZY ADD VALUE TO WESTS TIGERS

Post by westTAHger » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 5:13 pm

No don't want him.
Rather have up and coming players be given a go.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 5:15 pm

I think that we could spent a million elsewhere.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 5:53 pm

is a great footballer but, would he upset the apple cart, how much would he cost and would the NRL contribute?

If IC thinks he fits in and the NRL subsidise then for sure

vlad

Post by vlad » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 5:58 pm

Does he play on Sundays ?

Don Kershane

Post by Don Kershane » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 6:00 pm

Memory a bit faded regarding Folau but apart from catching bombs was he really that good?

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 7:08 pm

Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 4:40 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 2:10 pm
I understand the reasoning for people going against what he said

But if anything I respect that he isn’t giving us a media written response - he’s being 110% honest on his views and I for one respect that

From what I’ve heard he’s a humble guy and very religious
I'm an athiest and couldnt give a rats about religion either way. Being "very religious” doesn't mean you are a good person.
We are a club on the way up and promoting a " team first" culture. No need for egotistical mercenary blokes who haven't graced a RL field for half a decade. Onwards and upwards, hopefully soon high-quality RL players will be jumping at the chance to get a gig at WT.
Lol, a veteran from Dunkirk said there were no atheists on the beach back then but he didn’t know about later.

izzy would be good at the right price. Does the NRL still offer money from that secret fund?
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 7:31 pm

If his name has quickly turned a football issue into pages of gay/religious/morals debate.
Is this a good thing?
Maybe we win end up with a divided dressing shed.
in Ivan we distrust

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 7:54 pm

After what he's had to say, I don't want him at all. The last thing this club needs is to be fractured once again.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 8:24 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 7:08 pm
Fade To Black wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 4:40 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 2:10 pm
I understand the reasoning for people going against what he said

But if anything I respect that he isn’t giving us a media written response - he’s being 110% honest on his views and I for one respect that

From what I’ve heard he’s a humble guy and very religious
I'm an athiest and couldnt give a rats about religion either way. Being "very religious” doesn't mean you are a good person.
We are a club on the way up and promoting a " team first" culture. No need for egotistical mercenary blokes who haven't graced a RL field for half a decade. Onwards and upwards, hopefully soon high-quality RL players will be jumping at the chance to get a gig at WT.
Lol, a veteran from Dunkirk said there were no atheists on the beach back then but he didn’t know about later.

izzy would be good at the right price. Does the NRL still offer money from that secret fund?
Would hazard a guess that the NRL's "slush fund/war chest" is now known as Terd Greenberg's retirement fund. Seems that a lot of influential people around the game are miffed as to where the NRL's monumental TV-rights deal cash has disappeared to.

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 8:29 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 12:54 pm
Mung beans twice in two days!
What's here?

Probably a no for me I think
We are an environmentally- sustainable forum these days. Leave your shoes and deodorant at the door thank you........

OzLukeH

Post by OzLukeH » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 8:32 pm

Ivan would make the best decision for the club, but would think that he would ask some of the older players their opinion about something as so media heavy as Folou playing for us....

Go You Good Things

Post by Go You Good Things » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 8:48 pm

momo&medo wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:10 pm
Let’s stick to football.
I may not agree with his religious views but in the end it’s his opinion .
He would be a great addition to our team however I don’t think it will not happen because he is too expensive and he is managed by Isaac Moses.
Mate, we could have saved a lot of typing if the thread title lead with . . . " MANAGED BY ISAAC MOSES" :idea:
That would've turned us all away. The left, right, straight, gay, fluid, solid, all of us !

Luke

Post by Luke » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 8:57 pm

If we signed him for the rest of the year + next year - YES.

Why? We have money to spend. He's an incredibly gifted player and he isn't slowing down just yet. We need somebody to provide a spark or x-factor in our backline. I would have him playing in the centres to replace Kevin. Finally, there's nobody else decent enough off contract to target.

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 9:00 pm

vlad wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 5:58 pm
Does he play on Sundays ?
Good question. Would like to hear from Izzy on that.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 9:50 pm

tiger05premier wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 3:22 pm
Silentio wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 2:48 pm
tiger05premier wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 2:39 pm
Silentio wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 2:28 pm
He'd be a good signing (even more so because he's originally from Campbelltown), but league can't match the rugby dollars. Simple.

Whether you agree with him or not, he has huge balls to stick by his beliefs with all the heat he's copping.
Na

I think he is just rude

It's none of his business what people do with their private lives

I get the feeling (and yes its only my opinion ) that most people that think like that hide behind their religion when they would have the same feeling towards gays evenif they weren't religious

I just don't get why anyone thinks that gay people are some sought lower class citizen
He (originally) didn't come out and make a statement, write an essay, hold a public speech or run a hate campaign. Somebody just asked him a question on Instagram.

He also never said he hated homosexual people or that they were lower class citizens.

All he has done is express his religion's theological view and has stood by it.
I hear what you are saying and respect that.

I just believe comments like that hide a deeper feeling towards gays.

He also is in a position where he should know better than to make such comments.

Whoever queried him on it pretty much baited him knowing he would blab his mouth about his feelings.

My point is that i just can't comprehend such feelings towards others people.

Whether hidden behind religion or whatever there is no place in the 21st century for it.

Gay people don't need to repent their sins cos their not sinning.

Religions need to move with the times.

They are just the beliefs of people who have lived in the past tgat were written down and passed down through time.

They are not the be all and end all of life.

Yes everyone has a right to believe in what they want but some beliefs should be kept secret and that is one of them.

Gay people are normal people.

They are not a topic.

This shouldn't even be a debate cos his statement didn't even need to be said
Unfortunately you are now telling people who have these beliefs they are idiots and should believe the same as you - basically what you are criticising him for.

Mighty Tiger

Post by Mighty Tiger » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 9:53 pm

For the right price we would be crazy not to grab him - he would be a massive upgrade to what we have on the wings, center or fullback.

DWZ isn’t in the same ball park & Kev is off contract end of season nor in the same ball park either.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 10:00 pm

2041 wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 5:01 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:44 pm
weststigers wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:41 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:27 pm
People defending free speech. My question, is there a limit to free speech? Or can you say absolutely anything when you are in the public spotlight? Somehow i don't think you can.
I guess it's not free speech if you limit what can or can't be said?
So if i said the most said the most vicious things about you, like i think you should be killed, then hid behind free speech, that would be ok? Extreme example but how far is too far. Id say when it is said against you, you would feel differently.
This is the point about whether free speech means being allowed to shout "fire" in a crowded theatre. We have laws against hate speech, and the fact that Folau isn't being prosecuted under them shows what a load of crap the old "lefties won't let other people have their say" argument is. Folau's free to say that he's a homophobe, and other people are allowed to say they think Folau is a wanker as a result. That's free speech on both sides.
Seems most people attacking him are obviously not religious so why would they be concerned if he says they are going to a place they don’t believe exists?
If you read what he has written afterwards he says he himself is a sinner and knows all he has to do is reconcile himself with his God to be ok ... same as he said about homosexuals. He also said he has gays in his family ... and has even appeared on the front cover of a gay magazine to promote a gay rugby tournament.
Still sound like the devil?
PS I’m not an overly religious person but believe he is being persecuted because he is.

trumper

Post by trumper » Tue 17 Apr, 2018 10:17 pm

Personally I couldn't care less which god he believes in.

Considering the public stance of the ARU towards being inclusive of homosexuals, the fact that the CEO of the major sponsor of the Wallabies is an open homosexual, and also the clear desire of the ailing ARU not to upset him; Folau has revealed that he is either too stupid, too stubborn or too convinced of his own importance to follow the game plan.

For me that is enough not to want him anywhere near my football team - a team which has, despite the sidelining of their highest-paid and most famous player, continued to succeed with the attitude that if a man falls in the front line, there is a willing and able man there to replace him.

Look at how Hayne derailed not only the Gold Coast but also Neil Henry in 2017.